main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT If Mace had survived?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RKORadio, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Scryer

Scryer Jedi Padawan

Dec 26, 2012
    If Mace Windu survived, it would be most likely he would have gone into hiding like his brethren. As powerful as he is--especially with his superior fighting style--himself, Yoda, and Obi-Wan would stand little chance against the massive Empire Army. That's not to say they wouldn't do significant damage, the safest thing to do for them would stay in hiding until the new hope had risen. Hell, for all we know, he could have just gone back to Haruun Kal and hibernated until the end of his days.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If Mace survived his fall, he would probably contact the Temple and warn them to lockdown and to tell the Jedi out in the field to run for it

3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    What do you mean IF? :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Touche. If he survived 4,5,6 might be extremely different. How different? anakinfansince1983 fan-fic series at best, or worse if Anakin falls

5. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Given that this is star wars, he could have survived, but he wouldn't have recovered from nearly dying until the rest of the jedi went into hiding or were killed and the war was over. Therefore, after nursing his wounds back to health he would have had to go on the run as a fugitive of the "republic/galactic empire". Being nearly killed and forced to go into hiding might have changed his perspective on serving the republic and the jedi, turning him into a darker, cautious person. On the other hand, he could have aided the rebel alliance without the empire knowing about it and/or helping the rebellion in places that luke wasn't. Probably not too fond of the son of the man that nearly got him killed and betrayed the jedi order.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was kidding around, sort of. I would say that I agree with you but I don't put anything past Lucasfilm after the Maul fiasco.

7. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    It's possible that if Mace had survived that he'd be hiding out like Obi-Wan did. However, Mace didn't share the same relationship that Obi-Wan did to Anakin so Anakin's sudden betrayal would likely have elicited an "I was right" reaction from Mace versus Obi-Wan's sense of loss. Frankly, I think Mace could possibly have fallen and become a Dark Jedi simply because he was always the most pessimistic of the Jedi presented on-screen and I would say the most vulnerable to falling to the Dark side of the Jedi, other than Anakin. But that's my personal opinion. They might go another direction-- either staying with him dead or if he's alive, some other justification for why he never showed up for Episodes IV-VI.

The lack of EU stuff on Mace when they're so damned prolific is a bit weird though. Do you think they've implemented some sort of moratorium on certain characters in anticipation of Episode VII?

8. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    In TCW?

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  10. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Blend in with that cantina singing group on Tatooine, no one would suspect a thing.

11. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Mace Windu has showed up in the EU quite often. He was in a terrific novel by Matthew Stover that delved into his character more than the Prequel Trilogy did, in my opinion. He was also one of the major supporting characters in the Dark Horse comics.