main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Force Unleashed :p

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No, I just like to think it doesn't exist. Although now that you mention it.... [face_thinking] [face_idea]

What's that? :p

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    What's that? :p[/quote]

Some game with lightsabers and stuff :p

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Part of me thinks that just because Palpatine and Vader knew Bail was a Rebel doesn't make Bail easy to get to. He could have been hiding right under their noses on Alderaan, but that doesn't mean they'd find him, and prior to the completion of the Death Star (after which the senate became expendable), Palpatine might not have been able to make overt attacks on Alderaan and start killing senators.

The other part of me thinks that even if Bail was in hiding, Leia didn't seem to be. Villain strategy 101: if you can't attack someone directly, go after their loved ones.

Personally, I just prefer to pretend TFU never happened. The story of the first one I thought was OK, though does bring up this plot hole. But the second one was terrible and if they end not making a third, then they end up leaving things in an extremely awkward cliffhanger that can't go unresolved. It's easier for me to ignore the whole thing.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I have both games but only played through half of the first one. I found it boring. <<;

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well I really liked TFU 1, but as video game I wouldn't take it as fully canonical anyway. Second game had a few good ideas and that's it- otherwise it was terrible and completely bad as a game and story- Only thing I really liked in it was Imperial Cato Neimoidia.

First TFU-game was enjoyable fun, while not that special as a game it looked very good and I liked the atmosphere in it. Story was much better than in those older ridiculous Jedi Knight-games (that are for some reason very popular). I have Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy as well, but despite of their fun arsenal of guns and explosives they are pretty poor as jedi games IMHO and they have so stupid plots that they are more like comedy or Star Wars- parody than serious stuff. Jedi Academy especially, Kyle goes for a beer and during that time Jaden kills 50 idiotical mercenaries then Kyle comes back and tells that Jaden is becoming a good jedi..... I laugh every time when I watch those story videos, they are so laughable[face_laugh]. KOTOR however is good RPG, but fighting is frustrating in it.

Okay that went off-topic, but my point is that SW-video games are not usually that good- unfortunately.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, me too. I liked the old canon better, much better.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    TFU was fun but TFU II was boring, and short

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    TFU 2 was barely half a game- one of the greatest disappointments what comes to SW-games. It definitely should have had more levels. Dark side ending should be considered canon simply because rebel victory on Kamino contradicts the opening crawl of ANH.....

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am back...

TFU 2 had only two planets, a plot that is too weak for even one episode of the worst TCW arcs or episodes and it just ended in the middle of nowhere.

It basically has 4 main parts and two of them are quite similar. Basically Kamino, Cato Neimoidia, the Rebel Ship and Kamino again. That is it.

Too short, nothing much new.

The game like many TCW episodes raised more questions than answered questions.

Darth Vader likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Shadow Warrior >>>> TFU II

KenobiSkywalker and cwustudent like this.
  12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I get that that's supposed to show that something awful from TCW is still leaps and bounds better than TFU II, only I never particularly hated Shadow Warrior. It was far from my favorite, but I still thought it was OK. Far from the worst TCW has to offer.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seriously?! Shadow Warrior and TFU II comparing... You are like comparing a serious case of hemoroids and a pile of crap - both are nasty, just the latter not so much. TFU II is nothing compared to Shadow Warrior in the vile department.
    TFU II is just a simple fluke, not a crime. :D

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow... the direction of this thread. x.x;

[​IMG]

15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    dont you mean it's like comparing a masterpiece (Shadow Warrior ) to a VERY short game :D ?

Huyang likes this.
  16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow
    Sure, be back on topic right after tell Talgus that Shadow Poop is the farthest thing from a Masterpiece ever.

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think there is much we can talk about... There is hardly anything new we can discuss about series 5 yet can we? :p

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The only thing is that there is less than two weeks left. :_|

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    It will fly by!

And then it will be March and the season will be over and we will be thinking 'where did it all go?' :p

20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I know what topic we can discuss :D
    TIKKES!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Nah there isn't much to talk about. I'm being pretty lax with staying on topic in this thread. I just thought that convo had gone far enough with Dan's arrival. =b

Still another week to go before we get new info on MIA.

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    It makes me happy that there is an artist out there doing comic style caricatures of well known characters like Captain America, Spider-Man, Hobgoblin, Jason (Friday the 13th), Lara Croft, and then tucked amongst them is...

[​IMG]

For having 2 seconds of screen time, he oozes awesomeness and needs more.

Perhaps a background character in S5 or 6 :p

They killed off all of their current background Jedi except "Sora Bulq" :-B

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Is it the mascott for the Georgia Bulldogs? xP

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Since its Christmas they should give us something sooner :p

Eg: episode titles for the final three episodes would be good...

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    When was it we got titles for the last episodes last year, again?