main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Unpopular TCW Opinions

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Nov 19, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I never got into Ewok hate either. I like Ewoks. Cute teddy bear creatures that try to roast Han and Luke in order to honor the Great God 3PO. What's the problem?

Mortis, however, was full of a lot of "prophecy" and "destiny" bull**** that I can't stand. It made my pro-science pro-realism head hurt.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I liked it because it got more into the characters' destinies, and the Force, and all the chosen one stuff.

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I like Bombad Jedi
    Heroes on Both Sides is one of my Top 10 episodes
    Mortis is fantastic

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Heresy. Jawas and ewoks do not belong in the same sentence. Jawas can pimp their rides, ewoks can put a saddle on something.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I am going to get my most polarizing opinions trophy one ways or the other.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    +1. Most of my TCW-watching friends consider that arc to be one of the best. They are definitely in my top 10 as well.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I had to talk a friend into watching the series after he tried to start watching on the Mortis arc. I got him into it none the less.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe cause aside from the tribute to Anakin that it is, it is also a "I AM SORRY about midichlorians " letter from Lucas himself.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's a tribute to my least favorite part of Anakin's story other than the second half of ROTS.

I'm agnostic and I don't believe in the concept of "destiny" at all, so there is that.

Coric likes this.
  10. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Agreed. Religion in general has confused me in SW, any way. In S1, a "God" is mentioned at least twice that I remember:

"Oh my god..." -clone
    "..this godforsaken planet?" -Dooku

So.. is it the Force or a god, Dooku?
    Or is it just a writer error?

Lol off topic.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    We do have Han saying "I'll see you in hell!" in ESB.

12. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    Well, if there's no one religion on Earth, apply that to a fantasy / sci-fi galaxy..

Anyway, I just thought Mortis was interesting. I just liked that the show was FINALLY getting into the chosen one prophecy, more into the Force, and all the symbolism and other-worldly stuff that's open to interpretation.

It wasn't perfect, but it got more into the big things than other episodes. Too bad what actually happened in it doesn't seem to matter at all.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    There's nothing more intriguing to me in Star Wars than the Force and its nature, so I can't help but love the whole Mortis trilogy even though I don't think its second two episodes were as perfectly executed as Overlords. It's like a feature-length Dagobah dark side cave scene.

14. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really don't have a problem with "humanizing" Jabba with the inclusion of Rotta. Makes him a better character IMO, rather than a typical, one-dimensional villain whose only defining trait (to me, at least) is "HO HO HO ME SO EVIL ME KILL EVERYONE DERP DERP DERP". :p ;)

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't have a problem with Jabba having a son he cares for, but Ahsoka constantly calling him Stinky is annoying.

16. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank God we're past that, though. :p

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The novelization had an interesting take on that which I don't recall being explored in the movie. There was a lot of focus on Jabba's mindset that Rotta was "his," especially since Hutts are hermaphrodites and no mating is required to reproduce.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought Stinky was cute.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Even if he is, Ahsoka is now 17 going on 65 so she probably won't do anything so immature and imperfect as to call him Stinky.

Seerow likes this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Mr. Stinky

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Worth it.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  22. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I liked Morly.

23. LordMortis315

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't hate him.

24. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I don't get the big deal about Landing at Point Rain. I mean, it wasn't a bad episode or anything, but left to myself I probably wouldn't even put it in my top ten.

25. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    In that case, and I mean this in total honesty, why do you like Star Wars at all?

Seriously, Star Wars has never been "hard science fiction". It's not even really science fiction in a traditional sense. Star Wars is more like fantasy genre stuff in space. Spirituality, prophecy, destiny, and all that kinda thing a is a deep, core part of Star Wars, and frankly, complaining about that in Star Wars is like complaining about big muscles in He-Man or about people shooting stuff in GI Joe. I mean, sorry, but that's just the kind of story it is, and either you accept it or you don't; and if you don't, maybe this just isn't the right story franchise for you.

If you're looking for hardcore scientific realism in Star Wars, well, no pun intended, but I think you have some unrealistic expectations of it.

Again, I don't mean to give you a hard time about this - you like what you like. I just have to admit to being a little baffled by what you've said.