main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation 5 Rumors (Article)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Echo-07, Dec 27, 2012.

?

Which rumor(s) is/are most likely true???

1. 1. Matthew Vaughn Is The Director

15 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. 2. Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg Are Writers Of Future Star Wars Movies

20 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. 3. Star Wars Spinoff Movies In The Works

25 vote(s)
    39.7%
  4. 4. January Director Announcement

17 vote(s)
    27.0%
  5. 5. July 2015 Release Date

15 vote(s)
    23.8%
  6. 6. The BIG 3 -- Ford, Fisher, & Hamill -- are all reprising their roles

37 vote(s)
    58.7%
  7. Nooo!!! None of them are true -- ALL BS!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Yeah!!! All of them are true -- long live spoilers!

14 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
  2. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    My thoughts on these rumors are that, with mine added, I think this is all solid information.

* I think Vaughn is the Director and Disney/LFL will make it official in thelast video to be released on December 31st. (Hoping anyway.)

* I also think Kasdan and Kinberg have been hired as Writers/Producers but for Episodes 8 & 9 and NOT spinoffs. I believe that the ST is the primary goal right now before Disney begins turning toward spinoffs.

* The BIG 3 are locks IMO

* And lastly IMDB and some other sites announced that the movie was planned for a July 17th, 2015 release date. That date was quickly pulled (a day or so later). I think Disney would love to release SW in it's traditional May slot and move Avengers. Avengers may have a lot of anticipation but two things work against it -- first, it's a sequel and those usually do NOT do well no matter what the franchise AND SW Episode VII is already expected to dominate the year 2015. IF I were making that call it'd be easy -- Star Wars gets May.

3. Kurnous Ntol

Kurnous Ntol Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2012
    Matthew Vaughn being the director has been rumored for so long I find it quite likely for it to be true.

Spinoff movies? Very likely too, but in the future after Episode IX. I doubt they are already in the works, since their main focus should be the ST.

Whichever year the movie is going to be released the month will be May. It would be weird to move the traditional date two months away.

About the Big 3 I only see two possibilities: either they donĀ“t appear in the movie at all or they are played by their respective actors. Now, will they want to play another Star Wars movie considering they consider them one of their worst experiences in life? Depends on the money I guess.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think there all true ,

Mathew Vaughn has been so strong a rumour that it must be true ,

Didn't Kennedy say the director would be annouced in Jan ,

A July release date is almost certain due to the Avengers 2 ,

I don't think Disney would pay $4.05 billion not to have the big 3 back ,

Spin offs are almost certain but may not happen till the sequel trilogy is out the way ,

I thought Kasdan & Kinberg were official ? .

5. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I would've voted the big 3, but I'm not so confident Harrison will sign on. I think it will all be dependent on the sript(s).
    Which could also determine the director. I wonder how far off Kasdan is from submitting a first draft? Does anyone know what the turnaround is on Hollywood scripts these days?

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

I agree, although I tend to be a bit optimistic.

7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I would love Kasdan and Kinberg to come back, but please no Vaughn!

8. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Harrison Ford will be back. Money can be very persuasive, and Disney has lots of money.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Echo-07 likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not entirely sure if all three actors will come back.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  10. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm with you on these points. I am very much hoping that SW gets the May slot as well.

Based on what they mentioned about new movies every 2 or 3 years I think spinoffs must be coming. Maybe not the way we've envisioned/discussed, but in some way.

At this point I'd be shocked if Vaughn isn't the director (though I guess I shouldn't be) and I'd be even more shocked if the big 3 didn't return (barring negotiations with them).

I'm not too confident that last video on Monday will name a director (though I'm hopeful as well). I'm thinking the first Monday in January might be the day information starts to come out.

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    LFL has neither officially confirmed nor denied their involvement.

Why don't you like Matt Vaughn? I've seen 3 of his 4 major feature films and thought they were all good to excellent. Stardust is his best IMO and is SW-esque. I think he'd be a great choice.

Han Shot First likes this.
  12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I voted that all are true, because I like to live on the edge! :)

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    1.) Not sure.
    2.) Yes *crosses fingers*
    3.) Defiantly, but not until after IX comes out, so around 2026-2030.
    4.) Probably, or at least around that time. If Pre-Production does start in Spring then defiantly.
    5.) I'd actually rather have it come out in Summer them May.
    6.) Yes.

14. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Padme, I think May is considered the start of the summer movie season.

15. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I hope all the rumors are true except the big 3.I only hope Mark Hamill and The Droids are in the new trilogy.If the big 3 end up being in the ST I hope Hamill's in the first one alot then fisher and Ford cameo at the most.

16. Fettcrom

Fettcrom Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2004
    Looking forward to some new info and rumours in the near future to kick off the year with a Wars vibe.

I personally don't care about the May release. I know it has been tradition so far but it really doesn't effect the final product in the scheme of things. If it's in July it will give them more time to work on it and I'd rather have a good Star Wars film than be a slave to tradition for the sake of it but I understand why it is important to others:))

17. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Your reading my mind man.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Apparently Harrison Ford is up for Expendables 3. Now can anyone in their right mind see him signing up for that and not the ST? I personally think he is at a playful stage in his life and career and would be all for it.

JoeyArnold and Echo-07 like this.
  19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, totally agreed! Expendables' gimmick is that they use every action hero ever, washed-up or not. Ford would be great for that as he was somewhat of an action hero. There's no reason for him to turn down Star Wars now that it won't affect his already legendary legacy; no need to worry about the "Luke Skywalker affect." LOL

Just do it, Harry!!!!

Han Shot First likes this.
  20. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012

Would Harrison Ford star as Indiana Jones or Han Solo or who which character would he play in Expendibles 3?

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ford is also going to be in Ender's Game. He's been doing a lot of sci-fi lately. This could be a good sign.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.