main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace survive after his fall?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Frankakin skywalker, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    I am wondering if Mace Windu survived after his fall from the window in ROTS. Surprisingly, there's no books, comics, anything about what happened? Post you're thoughts here.

Darkslayer and Darth Dnej like this.
  2. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    No. It was made clear in the movie that he was dead, and no one questioned that for years after. The only thing that made people second guess his death was the Sequel Trilogy and Samuel L. Jackson's interest in returning. In all honesty, it would be harder to explain how he managed to survive than to keep with the notion that he simply died after his fall.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We'll find out if/when Samuel L. Jackson shows up in Episode VII.

It's possible that, paraphrasing Obi-Wan in ANH, He did, but we are meant to think he didn't. It's Star Wars, it seems that no character really dies unless the death is a necessary catalyst to turn another character to the Dark Side. Otherwise, the characters are only dead until some element of the fandom yells for their return.

From my end, I think Mace died, but I thought the same thing about Maul so what do I know?

4. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    nope, he died

unless force lightning is useless and the coruscant floor is made of cotton wool

then he might

haleyorgana and andresfelix like this.
  5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Your Mace Windu is dead, son. Accept it.

6. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    I was about to say this,

but I said the same thing in EP 7 forum about boba fett coming back, complete with a cliegg pic :p

but in any case i agree ;)

7. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Mace is alive! He landed in the back seat of an open-cockpit speeder.

8. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    If Maul can survive being cut in half, then Mace have every chance of surviving Sidious's lightning and the fall. The key here is, would it be worth bringing him back? And would it make sense for the new story line.

I would love to see him come back and be a major character in the trilogy.

Assembler, Darkslayer and kainee like this.
  9. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think Mace will return. Maul was only brought back to sell toys. I feel like they would only do something like that for a kids show. Sure, TCW may be canonical by virtue of its EU status but you know they wouldn't revive Maul for the movies because they take their audience more seriously. Maul was dead to all intents and purposes before some TCW writer thought it would be a good idea to pretend he wasn't. They know most people don't even watch TCW. I doubt they'll try the same thing for the ST in terms of reviving obviously dead characters. They would also have to create an in-universe explanation as to why Windu wasn't seen in the OT story but returns for the ST.

DarthMaulFTW, Darth Dnej and kainee like this.
  10. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    They would also have to create an in-universe explanation as to why Windu wasn't seen in the OT story but returns for the ST.

---

this is Star Wars, they'll do no such thing,

it will be left to some tie-in novel or something

Darth Dnej likes this.
  11. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    He's dead, I attended his funeral very sad onto new characters.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  12. DarthKreVass

Dec 27, 2008
    Actually, it was not a writer that decided to bring Maul back, it was Mr. Lucas who wanted him back.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Whatever, it doesn't really validate Maul's absurd revival anymore in my opinion and I still doubt Lucas would have pulled (or authorized) that move with any of the actual films. Maul was just thrown into the equation as an interesting plot twist in a kids cartoon to sell toys. I seriously doubt they will do anything to that effect (like reviving Mace Windu) in future films.

14. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    While I do think Mace Windu is dead Lucas did bring back Maul even though it made utterly no sense (Maul was cut in HALF) and currently Samuel L. Jackson is one of the most marketable actors for action movies/nerdy franchises so I wouldn't be surprised if they brought him back. That being said none of us know what the premise of Episode 7 is going to be and as a result he may not even fit in the new trilogy.

15. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    If it wasn't for his purple saber, nobody would give a **** about Windu.

16. DarthKreVass

Dec 27, 2008
    I wish I had inside info on why Maul was brought back. :)

17. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    That, and Sam Jackson. Even though the character was on GL's mind right from the very first notes, but I wonder if he'd be very important in the movies if Sam didn't beg Lucas for a role.

18. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Its not all Sam. Windu wasn't that popular before we saw his bad-ass purple saber an inch away from jango fet..

19. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Even if he did somehow miraculously survive his fall, I'd think Palpatine would send out a search party just in case.

Darth Dnej and kainee like this.
  20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    This is true, my brother's friend was flying that speeder and he told me all about it.

I've heard many reasons for liking Mace Windu, the color of his lightsaber isn't one of them.

Personally, I liked him right off the bat in TPM during the Council scenes.

21. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    He always annoyed me. He seemed arrogant and bland. Plo Koon is the Jedi I trust.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  22. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    So . . . Mace is guilty of being arrogant . . . and not the other Jedi characters? Hmmm. I wonder why.

Speak for yourself. Don't assume to speak for everyone.

handofluke likes this.
  23. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    Maul did not survive! Sidious created a clone capturing all of what was sinister within him.

As to Mace, the whole idea of 3 was to complete the work of Bane which was to have the real Sith rule the galaxy, once more. Could Mace have landed after that much Force Lightning surged through his body, as well as his hand being cut off? That my friend would be the question for the ages. There were parts within other books where Jedi / Sith use the Force Push like technique to stop their fall while descending rapidly from a jump. However, and again, with all the lightning surging through him, could he have healed enough to stop that landing? I guess only time and another future Star Wars book will tell.

24. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    I really think it could go either way. It's very possible Mace happens to fall in the back of a speeder or something breaks his fall after he loses a hand. I mean, come on, Luke got his hand cut off and he deliberately jumps down a bottomless pit to get away from Vader but he still manages to hold onto a weather vane to get rescued by Leia! I'd say there's a really good chance that Mace might get saved by a random passerby since he accidentally falls out a window into the traffic-laden air lanes (can't really call them streets, can I?) of Coruscant. Of course, the fact that he never shows up in Episodes IV-VI when all of this major stuff is going down is also an argument for his not making it. I'm hoping Episode VII will let us know for sure what happened to Mace.

25. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    I think he could have survived, but George Lucas wanted him out of the picture so Anakin and Palpatine could launch Order 66 and get on with the story. Then everybody thought Mace was dead, the Jedi fall, here comes the Empire.

Darth Dnej likes this.