main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    McGrath is a beautiful young lady, but I didn't rate her much in Merlin (although the show was rather like that in general, very entertaining and visually stunning but lacking in the acting department). All she ever seemed to do was the Hayden angry stare as if that was meant to be enough to convey she was evil. She delivered her lines in the same way all the time and was apparently bad becuase her hair was always out of place. I don't want pretty people who are short on acting, otherwise I'd be championing Scarlett Johansson & Megan Fox to be in the ST.

Her quote about how easily bad guys are redeemed was funny though, because it's true.

If she did land a part though, she could play Admiral Daala assuming she's a character Lucasfilm want to use.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    He was actually called out for this hypocrisy (which it is) quite a bit, at least in LACWAC.

kainee likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If Simon Pegg is in this I will not see it.

There.

I said it. :p

4. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    Also, considering that Simon Pegg plays Scotty in Star Trek, I really do not want to see him in Star Wars. I'm a fan of both Star Trek and Star Wars (although I prefer Star Wars) but I feel like we dodged the bullet in J.J. Abrams confirmed as not being the director for Episode VII, I hope we continue with this course of action of not using Star Trek people in the Disney!Star Wars franchise. I don't wish to have any further dilution of the Star Wars brand by casting Star Trek actors in Star Wars, even if I like most of the Star Trek cast.

Granted, I know there has always been SOME crossover but I don't want major faces. It is distracting and I feel would be counterproductive to the world immersion Star Wars does so well with.

eht13 likes this.
  5. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    In Simon's defence, I'm fairly critical of the PT, doesn't mean I still don't watch it every 3 months or so.
    After all it's Star Wars. Even if it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Boxster likes this.
  6. kainee

Dec 10, 2012
    I actually like Simon Pegg from his work prior to Star Trek but his public bashing of the prequels and the fact that he's already been cast in a rival film franchise are two major obstacles I see to his being in the new Star Wars movies. Maybe if he was heavily made-up in a bit part but I really can't see him in a main role. Sorry, but his actions seem to have hoisted him on his own petard.

7. Lando's Little Maneuver

Nov 26, 2012
    I wouldn't want Simon in a main role either. He's a comedy actor and comedic relief has always been the domain of the droids. Apart from the occasional wise ass quip from one of the leads, and Simon isn't cool enough to pull one of those off. Besides if they're hiring comedy characters, Seth Green should be their first choice.

8. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    How to disagree when you put it like that!:D[face_laugh] But you are right, I am not a fan of the PT too but that doesn't mean I hated them. I like Ep2 and 3 tho。

As for Simon Pegg, I like his movies. I hope he at least get a cameo, without alien mask and so on.

9. kainee

Dec 10, 2012
    Seth Green does have Robot Chicken to his credit. Although I believe that Star Wars' dialogue (in the saga as a whole) has always been much improved if improvisation on the actors' part is allowed so I'd say that is one plus to casting an actor known more for comedies. Granted, you likely would also be able to get that improvisational skill from actors trained in theater so I'd say there are pluses and minuses. Anecdotally, I must say that I've noticed far more comedic actors cross over into dramatic roles successfully than vice versa.

10. Lando's Little Maneuver

Nov 26, 2012
    Like Charlie Chaplin said "Anyone can make them cry. It takes a genius to make them laugh."

11. kainee

Dec 10, 2012
    Another addendum, despite some cast sharing with the Marvel films (Natalie Portman in Thor, Samuel L. Jackson in the Avengers), I hope they don't cast a major face from the Marvel movies in the new Star Wars movies. I really don't want to be watching Star Wars and be distracted by other movies they've been in (in hindsight, I'm glad that Mace Windu was so against the usual roles that Samuel L. Jackson plays because it made it much easier to view Mace as Mace rather than Samuel L. Jackson playing a Jedi, at least for me). Star Wars works when an illusion of existing in a world is projected and it's much harder to do successfully now that almost everyone's grown up playing at Jedi and Sith.

I'd say that since everyone wants to be Star Wars that maybe casting would be easier if what they're NOT looking for is settled upon instead.

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Actually, Ewan McGregor said green screen work was tough. That really doesn't qualify as disliking the PT. That's a statement of fact.

You like 2 of the 3 prequels, but you don't like the prequels? :confused:

Boxster and kainee like this.
  13. Boxster

Jul 13, 2005
    Correcto!:D

14. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    so in other words, you like them, but wish they were better;)

Boxster likes this.
  15. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    It's fair to say that jason flemyng will be in ep vii. matt vaugn is the most likely director and flemyng is the actor to most frequently work with vaugn

16. Boxster

Jul 13, 2005
    ............. I think I will go with that! I like them but wish they are better![:D]:p

17. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Source: Slashfilm

"Kennedy talked to other directors including Ben Affleck and also Matthew Vaughn who may have pitched to have Chloë Grace Moretz in the lead role."

YES!!!

That's what I've been pulling for since that Young Female Jedi thread.

Chloe Moretz is the closest in age and movie-role preferences to Natalie Portman and Carrie Fisher at the times of their own casting, currently.

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Very interesting.. even if that particular actress isn't cast, that suggests that "the lead role" is a woman.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The flood gates have opened! ;)

I think Chloe Grace Moretz is a very good young actress and would really be interested if this is true! As Yubnub said, it definitely points to a female lead.

20. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    That's what I was thinking

Now I'm getting really excited :D

Count Yubnub likes this.
  21. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Can anyone say... Nomi Skywalker?
    [​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    There are a lot of young girls that age range that I think would do well. She is a good actor though.

23. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Actually, I was thinking....

Will Luke have a daughter? She looks rather Skywalker-ish.

Episode Swag and CoraxRD like this.
  24. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
  25. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    That's what I was thinking too... both Han and Leia are brunettes. Luke's the blond, and she really does look kind of like him, hence the long rumored Nomi Skywalker. This really hints that we'll be seeing a dramatic change in continuity and canon with these films.

It also begs the question, if she's a Skywalker kid is mom Mara Jade?