main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which characters from the saga do you want to see in TCW that haven't been in it yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Would be more interesting if they wouldn't be together just yet.

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Future Imperial and Rebel military officers serving together in the Republic military: Veers, Dodonna, Rieken, Nadine, etc. Some or all of these - see their differing methods and perspectives.

IG-88 - Of all the bounty hunters they've shoehorned into TCW, seemed like he's be the obvious choice since he's a derivative of the droids the Banking Clan already uses. Wouldn't exactly want to see him roll off the assembly line into a bounty hunting role, but he could be an exceptionally bright assassination droid.

That's really it from the OT.

From the PT

Sly Moore. Umbara should have gotten a follow up to show what happens to Dogma and how the Republic deals with the aftermath of what could be perceived as clone mutiny or a Jedi traitor. Sly Moore could have figured into a follow up and address what happened with her planet.

Oppo Rancicis. I know he's coming, but pick up the pace. He's conspicuously missing from every important gathering.

Ex-Chancellor Valorum. I would not be against the retconning of his story if he were to crop back up in TCW as an opponent to Palpatine's centralization of power and perhaps be reconciled with Padme and be part of the Petition of 2000 movement that Sidious knocks off. Mas Amedda remaining in office was something of a conspicuous thing when Mas Amedda was also one who stalled Valorum in the senate when Palpatine commented on the bureaucrats on the payroll of the TF entering the picture.

More Jedi. They don't necessarily have to be in prominent roles, since I'd rather they just develop the Jedi they already have, like Plo, Aayla, Luminara, Barriss, Kit, Ki-Adi, Eeth, etc. And they've yet to introduce Agen, Stass, Coleman and Oppo. In addition, all new background Jedi like the Anx Jedi in addition to some familiar faces like Sora Bulq, Tarados Gon and Roth Del Masona might be nice to just see as background characters.

Darth Plagueis. Not necessarily in the flesh. But some mention of him would be nice to at least make him feel like he really existed rather than just some plot device that Palpatine uses in once conversation and is never mentioned again.

Owen, Beru and Cliegg - to explain the obvious incidence in which Obi-Wan is familiar with them and Owen gets to voice his disapproval for Anakin getting involved in the Clone Wars. We've already had mention from Filoni that we will be seeing Tusken Raiders again. I'm wondering if they'll crop up in that episode/arc (I assume S6).

That's all I can think of that I'd like to see.

3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

JackG likes this.
  4. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Eeth Koth:

[​IMG]

Sora Bulq:

[​IMG]

Most misleadingly non-fatal explosion ever.

5. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    I don't care what that silly sourcebook said, Eeth Koth was never on that gunship. He wasn't in that arena.

Looking at that clip closely, only one/two Jedi at most can be seen, not three. Even if there were three, to have all of them survive would be unrealistic (silly word for the SW universe I know, but oh well...).

Best to let him R.I.P.

6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Then I think an pre-disfigurement Evazan should make an appearance.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Yoda wasn't in the arena either. It didn't stop him from being on a gunship arriving with the reinforcements. Similarly when the gunships drop off in the "assembly area" and then take back off, you can see Jedi in the distance, on the ground leading troops toward the CIS army. They are small, but you can tell by their robes that some of them are not Jedi that were rescued from the arena.

[​IMG]

And I'm fairly convinced that it's the same guy twice. :p

I do believe some of the gunships had Jedi reinforcements too arriving with Yoda. It would not have been hard for me to accept Koth as being on board a shot down gunship had Filoni decided to not retcon his death. Having said that, I'm glad they retconned it because I don't like Jedi like Yaddle, Yarael Poof, Eeth Koth, Depa Billaba, etc. just abruptly being killed off/comatose (or whatever the deal with Depa was) when it turns out they won't be returning in a sequel.

I would have nothing against any of those characters returning/being mentioned. They could have just stepped down from the Council or something. Just because Lucas wasn't fond of the character or they couldn't get the same extra didn't mean that the character had to be abruptly killed off to make room for an imitation (in the case of Eeth/Agen).

As far as that particular gunship that allegedly had Gon, Bulq and Koth, people swear up and down that they're seeing Jedi. I see nothing but small indistinct white figures (likely clones).

TreborSabreon and K'Kruhk like this.
  8. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    While true about Yoda, I just don't buy the way the book stuck Koth in that ship and killed him off like that just because he wasn't going to appear in ROTS. From what I took of him appearing in TCW, it retconned out his being on that gunship. Which makes sense, since I don't buy the idea of multiple Jedi surviving that explosion when originally I think they were all killed off by it.

About the other Jedi outside the arena, yeah it looks like it's the same Jedi copied and pasted :p I'd like to think that Barriss Offee and Pablo-Jill managed to find a way out of the arena before the survivor's circle moment and carried on their fighting outside.

9. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    The copying and pasting of Jedi on Geonosis is distracting and turned an exciting scene into a fun game of where's Waldo.

This is Waldo. Next to Obi-Wan and Mace. And as far as I can tell as the scene plays out, I think he's surrounding them on three sides. Take a screenshot of Jedi in the arena and he's more than likely there. Everywhere but TCW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Waldo's nearly as cool as Tarados. He's simultaneously behind and across from Jango.

TreborSabreon and K'Kruhk like this.
  10. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    They gave this Waldo guy a name: Ichi-Tan Micoda :p

11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    This only proves that no matter how little screen time you get in a Star Wars movie, your character will get a name.

OK, I'm done derailing. Promise. :p

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    They did, Barriss Offee fought in the Battle of Felucia where she was most likely killed, and Pablo-Jill fought in the Battle above Coruscant where he was killed.

13. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    I know. I was just thinking of an explanation why they weren't in the survivor's circle. She was killed on Felucia.

14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    According to Leeland Chee's blog about the fates of the Jedi in the arena, 200 Jedi were taken to Geonosis but only 100 fought in the arena itself.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  15. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    It would have been much simpler if Offee and Jill were included in the survivor's circle, rather than appearing in the arena at the beginning of the battle and then disappearing.

16. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Plo Koon, Aayla and Ki-Adi also started in the arena but then wandered off to attack a droid control ship (they must have really hauled it there and back). But even then, once the fighting had ended and the Jedi were defeated, they were brought back. Wherever Pablo and Barriss were, I have no idea.

17. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Whilst on the subject of Geonosis, is it true Grievous was in the catacombs during the battle? I'm pretty sure I've seen that said around here before...

18. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Yes, Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous, Republic Commando and Labyrinth of Evil say he fought at Geonosis, where he killed the Jedi Ur-Sema Du.

TreborSabreon and Paparazzo like this.
  19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Well, thanks. I can now never watch the Battle of Geonosis again without it becoming a game of Where's Waldo.

20. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    it´s too late to suggest another character?
    it would be cool to see 11-4D, and maybe a little visit to Zonama Sekot or someone saying Vergere´s name.

21. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I would have to agree with this

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    He was seen in 36 frames of the film, lol.

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    More like they filmed three frames with him, but then copied and pasted those three frames twelve times.

24. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Executor Sedriss as a failed Jedi Padawan...

Samayel_ likes this.
  25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That's a really intriguing idea. Let's see why he has the death sentence on one or two of those twelve systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.