main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dark Times #24: Fire Carrier, part 2 (of 5) (Republic #107)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Post fail man

2. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    They're all fine with me too, but I'd really like an update, even a small one, on Quin, and it'd be neat to see Shaak Tii between Episode III and TFU. But I'm going with T'ra Saa as my guess as a way to connect the story with Legacy.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I'll be severely disappointed if it's that Verpine dude. However, if it's Kai Hudorra I'll be pleasantly surprised.

4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Yeah, I've been wondering what happened to Kai Hudorra! Also maybe Master Zao? I always found him a very interesting character.

5. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Zao was awesome. I imagine he survived the Purge by meditating on a cliff the entire time; he's that type of Jedi.

spicer likes this.
  6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    ANy indication of when this takes place? Are we finally in 18BBY and beyond? We've been trapped in 19BBY for 7 years now.

7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    It takes place a long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Issue 1 mentions that its a few months since the end of Ep 3.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    How anyone could think it's a good idea to harangue Vader about a leg wound is beyond me.

11. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I shall assume simple ego, a few Imperials might really just few him as a cribble stuck in a walking iron lung.

12. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Unfortunately I missed issue 1. I probably didn't go to barnes and nobles in time to get a look at it. Does it seem like a worthy arc so far?

13. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Yep, alone for seeing normal people that fought in the Clone Wars. :D

14. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Just finished reading Fire Carrier 2. The art is good, and the story is shaping up very nicely. I love the sense of mystery, and despair towards the end of this issue. Waiting for Fire Carrier #3!

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    A good issue; the art continues to impress, and the story is becoming very intriguing. In the end, I think Zao will either die by the end of the arc and give K'Kruhk a lesson he won't forget, or K'Kruhk will hand over charge of the younglings to Zao.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Good issue. I wonder where they're going with Falco Sang. And yeah, that ending reminds us why these are the Dark Times. :(

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, off. That ending. This is shaping up to be a solid arc.

"Your boss wants me to overcome my fear of him."
    Imperial Officer: "Yeah. Good luck with that."

[face_laugh]

18. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Well now that was utterly disturbing though not unexpected....

19. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    This issue ties Republic (because this is #107 of that) with the 107th issue of Marvel's Star Wars at longest series.

The2ndQuest and DarthStymi like this.
  20. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Arc's all right so far. I personally wasn't all that enthusiastic about getting back to K'Kruhk and the younglings, but I'll wait until we see the entire arc before I make any ultimate judgments. Interestingly, the revelation at the pit might paint the Imperials in a positive light this time around, since I've gotten the idea that it's the local militia guys behind it.

If he did, that might make it the first lightsaber fight I've seen him win.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    This time, K'Kruhk will have Band-Aids on him. That's what was holding him back.

22. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Anybody having any issues with TFAW pre-orders and shipping? I've had my copy of this as still "pending" since the 5th. Same with another order after that one with the new clone wars TPB mini and Star Wars #3

23. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    It does seem likely, since the local militia clearly didn't want to have the Imperial troops know about a missing Whiphid refugee. Though to pull that off under the Empire's nose, wouldn't they have to fake having some sort of destination for the refugees to go, in case the Empire ever followed up with a site visit, or wanted to track down any particular refugee. "Oh, whoops.. that list of random refugees you asked about.. all dead. totally different and unsuspicious ways."

So which is most likely:
    * the Empire (at least at the local level) is in on it, or at least knows about it and can't/won't intervene.
    * the locals are pulling this off right under the Empire's watch (maybe the Empire doesn't have the resources to properly monitor the refugee crisis on this world)
    * the mountain vulture-feeding center is actually an anomaly, like there was a horrible accident and the ore hauler was sabotaged to dump its cargo over the most remote mountain possible.