main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Favorite OT movie?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Force Smuggler, Dec 28, 2012.

?

Favorite OT Movie?

1. A New Hope

24.3%
  2. The Empire Strikes

53.3%
  3. Return of The Jedi

22.4%
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Since there is a Favorite PT movie thread, why not a favorite OT movie thread?
    My favorite movie has to be Empire Strikes Back. I love the feel of it. How the characters react to bad situations. The duel between Luke and Vader was amazing as was the reveal. Hoth, Cloud City, Dagobah and the Yoda scenes were great. The asteroid chase was wonderful as well.
    The other two are tied for me. A New Hope is the most fun movie for me and I like the scenes on the 2nd Death Star and the Space Battle in Return of the Jedi.

2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    TESB(original unaltered) for me. It never gets old no matter how much I watch it and there's not a boring or annoying moment.

Messi likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Return of the Jedi. Vader's redemption transformed me from casual Star Wars fan to the hard-core fan that I am today.

sarlaccsaurs-rex, Darkslayer and Joe like this.
  4. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Same. I was brought up with the PT story in my head already, so the conclusion to Vader's journey was great for me

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Star Wars.

They're all five-star films. Empire has become the critics' darling over the years, for good reason. Many rate Jedi lower, but the Jedi/Sith and space battle scenes are first-rate and should compensate for any Ewokphobia or lack of Ford/Fisher luster.

Thuro, DarthBoba and King Terak like this.
  6. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    Where's an option for the entire trilogy?. Each film in the trilogy entertains me.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe so but you have to like one over the other two don't you?

8. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    a new hope obviously

9. sea horse

sea horse Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2012
    I was half between a new hope and the empire strikes back but I chose the empire strikes back because I absolutely love the battle of Hoth and the ending to it but the return of the jedi had a super cool ending as well:)

Julius Vernon likes this.
  10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    First half of ANH and the second half of ROTJ are my favorite stretches of the OT. Probably A New Hope for the single film. Love the Tatooine section of the film, how the narrative moves at a more measured pace compared to the Star Wars norm and in turn develops an atmosphere that's equal parts alien desolation and weird Western. In the rest of the series Attack of the Clones is the film that comes closest to evoking Tatooine in the manner of ANH's iconic vision of the planet.

And to break it down even more I like the SE version(s). I don't care if Han shoots second, but I do love the expanded Mos Eisely as well as the CG enhancements to the Death Star battle.

11. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    A New Hope (non-special edition) gets my vote.

12. Separatist101

Separatist101 Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2010
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    A New Hope, although Return of the Jedi has my favourite moment of the whole saga (Luke and Vader's duel).

14. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Hope, despecialized.

ScutFarkus and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  15. sea horse

sea horse Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2012
    Then end of return of the Jedi was not as cool as I expected

16. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    Ok with the weekend to think about it, It's Episode IV.

17. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    We agree for once. Amazing.

18. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    RoTJ for me. That movie shows us that the Chosen One has finally managed to balance to the Force and that the Jedi has once again won the war.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think I enjoy watching TESB the most because it's just one long, adrenaline filled chase movie! ROTJ is the most emotionally impactful for me with Vader's redemption. ANH is just such a beautiful adventure film. Honestly, I think they work the best as a whole but I guess I'll go with TESB for the sake of the topic.

20. FryingpoorGreedo

FryingpoorGreedo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2012
    I always almost go ANH then switch to TESB the last second. The scene with Yoda's theme playing and he's lifting Luke's ship always reminds me of watching it on my Grandma's VHS as a kid so that settles it for me.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  21. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    It's interesting that more people have voted for "ESB", considering that it made the least money at the box office than the other two OT films.

mes520 likes this.
  22. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I was tempted to vote for ROTJ because of the Vader/Luke/Palpatine's scenes as well as a space battle but most of the rest of the movie is very mediocre and doesn't come close to what a finale should have been. So it's ANH for most all around fun.

23. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Empire Strikes Back.

Great adventure, great characters, and even a little artsy for the indie-types.

24. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    A New Hope, because I actually got to see that film. I lost my sight after that, but I remember Darth Vader's appearance; tall, menacing, and in all that black armor. I thought that C3-PO was beautiful, and so was R2-D2, and they were so funny. Chewbacca was so cute and sweet, and Luke learned not to try to put blinders on a Wookiee. Lol! Never upset one either, for that matter. C3-PO and R2-D2 learned that. My favorite part was Luke blowing up the Deathstar. Best costume for me goes to Princess Leia in her doughnut hair and long white dress. She really looked like a princess.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Empire Strikes Back