main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Favorite Character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by bejnz, Dec 29, 2012.

1. bejnz

bejnz Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2012
    Hello there guys!

I'm new to this forums and I'm a BIG fan of Star Wars!
    To start my forum activity I'm deciding to know you guys better!
    What is your favorite SW character? Mine is Darth Maul! Elaborate please! :)))

This would be my favorite character if he was in Star Wars haha Bardan Edit: Broken link removed.

Joking!!! Cheers!

2. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Darth Vader before the EU nerfed him.

I met David Prowse in the summer and almost wet myself.

3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    The linky goes to amazon dot com...:confused:

*glances sideways*

My favorite SW character is Obi-Wan Kenobi
    never met him
    never almost wet myself either:p

4. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    Luke Skywalker for me. I just like his progression from wide eyed farmboy to the last of the Jedi. Hamill did a great job of making him relateable and likable.

5. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
  6. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke Skywalker and Han Solo-OT
    Qui-Gon Jinn-PT
    Anakin Solo-EU books
    Quinlan Vos, Villie Gharkh-EU comics

8. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Yoda and Artoo

I'm a sucker for small and strange characters. Yes I like the Ewoks too. I named a pet Gizmo.

9. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    obiwan obviously

benknobi1 likes this.
  10. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Obi-Wan. He's been through so much, and done so much, and at the end of the day he's still the same Obi-Wan he started out as. I think his story is 500x more tragic and more romantic than Anakin's, because he went through some of the same stuff, but he was strong enough to not turn to the dark side and murder a bunch of small children.

IHeartKenobi89, Eryndil and benknobi1 like this.
  11. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Padmé Amidala (Skywalker)

She's a strong, intelligent, and compassionate character. She knew what was right, stood up for it (and herself), and truly cared about others.

IHeartKenobi89 likes this.
  12. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    It can be hard to pick one but since the release of the PT I will go with Obi-Wan Kenobi. Before the PT I would have said Vader.

13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Obi-Wan Kenobi.

You can read that yourself on my signature without me even mention it. :p

benknobi1 likes this.
  14. sea horse

sea horse Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2012
    Chewbacca is my 1st Han solo my 2nd Leia 3rd Luke 4th

15. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader from the movies, Jaina Solo and Jacen Solo from the Expanded Universe.

16. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Boba Fett is my favourit, closely followed by Luke Skywalker and Darth vader/Anakin.
    I haven't read to much EU, so don't know many of the characters well enough to have them as my favourites :/

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My #1: I don't think you need to ask.

#2 and #3 are Leia and Han in a tie.

#4 Obi-Wan

#5 Qui-Gon

18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I have a lot...

OT: Princess Leia, Han Solo, R2-D2, C-3PO, Salacious Crumb.

PT: Padme Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jango Fett, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul.

EU: Allana Solo, Ben Skywalker and Mara-Jade Skywalker.

19. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    THat is a lot

20. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    Lott Dod is my favourite character (Nute Gunray and Rune Haako are very close seconds). It's an odd choice for me given how much I dislike politics, but I greatly admire his ability and his superb intelligence. Whether you're a fan of the Trade Federation or not, you can't deny that he is extremely accomplished and talented as a statesman who is capable of getting things done, whatever the means. I also find him very calm and collected for a Neimoidian; simply by the way he reacted to having a blaster pointed at him in "The Senate Spy" (TCW episode 2x04), one can see a far more rational being than, say, Gunray. Dod is able to think on his feet and use diplomacy and cool-headedness to remove himself from danger. He's just a very interesting Neimoidain...and a beautiful one at that! I think his hands are gorgeous!

My favourite non-Neimoidian character is Mas Amedda. I see him as a truly complex character, and for someone who has such a small role as a background character, he undergoes a lot of changes in so little time. Up until Episode II, he is characterised as a "good" politician who was more or less non-corrupt, and genuinely cared for the Republic and sought to help it. By Episode III, he is changed completely, calling Darth Sidious "master" and appearing unfazed by both Palpatine's transformation and his powers as a Sith lord, when he attacks Yoda. Even by TCW, he is far more "dark" than his Episode II appearance; look at his dealings with Satine and the Zillo Beast. There are moments, however, that still suggest "humanity," such as when he questions Palpatine on killing the Zillo Beast. I think it's those moments, more than anything, that are revealing. It's arguable that he even undergoes drastic physical changes between Episodes II and III; you could simply chalk it up to inconsistencies in make-up, but I like to take everything from the Star Wars saga for what it is, simply because, thus far, almost everything has had a place and a purpose. He doesn't look like he's aged only three years. I don't think Amedda is a bad character; I think he got caught up in something beyond his control and ended up over his head, and it's things like his change in both character and appearance that make me question what all went on behind closed doors between him and Palpatine. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were torture involved (Sith lightning, perhaps?), exposure to Sith powers,etc. I'm honestly very excited to see where they take this character, in terms of the EU; it would be beyond fantastic if they managed to put him in the ST. Amedda may not be a bad character, to me, but he IS a survivor. :)

-rant off-

Bloncket and darskpine10 like this.
  21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. Luke Skywalker
    4. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    5. Yoda
    6. Mace
    7. Shmi Skywalker
    8. Han Solo
    9. Leia Organa

and 10: Obi-Wan Kenobi.

;)

Luke was dethroned by ROTS Obi-Wan - love the snark, the wisdom and wit, the dedication to purpose, nobility and charisma. Obi-Wan is the equivalent to Lancelot of the Round Table: one who aspires to perfection but falls short, as any human must. He has a core of goodness and strength within him that cannot be quenched, no matter the circumstances.

Admiral_Volshe, benknobi1 and Eryndil like this.
  22. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    In case it's not obvious from my avatar and my signature, Obi-Wan is my favourite (adorable and simply fabulous) SW character ;)

I always see him as more like Galahad, but that is probably a case of 'rose coloured spectacles'

benknobi1 likes this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin Skywalker

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
  25. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013