main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The "So I met a celebrity" thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Adam of Nuchtern, Dec 28, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Met Temuera Morrison and Jeremy Bulloch at different UK collecting events in the same year (2005). Got my pic taken with each one as well as autographed pics.

And I've shaken the hand of one US president. Figures that it was Nixon. He dedicated a building in the town I was living in in Connecticut in the early 70s. Since I was not yet an adult I just followed some people into the VIP section and got near the front behind the barrier. When he went by followed by his wife Pat he shook my hand as well as those of others in the front.

And I've met pretty much all of the Red Dwarf regulars at collecting shows and a book signing they did for Forbidden Planet back when the series was still airing on BBC2.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been in the same room with President Obama three times but never got close enough to shake his hand.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nixon's the only president I've seen in person. Figures it's the only one that had to resign in disgrace.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've barely seen or met any politicians. Saw Deval Patrick once at an event, sat behind Ted Kennedy in a movie theatre in the Cape, saw Stephen Colbert on his show (he counts, he ran for president!), and saw Condoleezza Rice at my sister's college graduation. Then I've met a bunch of local congressmen and other state officials, including Barney Frank.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    My mom and I were stopped at a traffic light so that Jon Edwards' motorcade from when he was running for Vice President could drive by. Didn't see Edwards but saw the Bus or whatever it was he was in.

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That was probably the most surreal conversation you've ever had.

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    He probably narrated the experience and made it deep and meaningful.

kainee and Adam of Nuchtern like this.
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    And then suddenly Klaus Kinski came out of one of the stalls.

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Your poor sister.

Kiki-Gonn and Todd the Jedi like this.
  10. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Last month I went hiking with Dax Shepard.

By went hiking with I mean I followed him and his girlfriend up a mountain trail for fifteen minutes from a discrete distance while texting all my friends about how I was WALKING RIGHT BEHIND CROSBY BRAVERMAN

Also I WAS ON THE SAME AIRPLANE AS THE CSU SAN MARCOS MEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM OH YEAH last week

11. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    my oldest brother used to play basketball in high school and went up against kris humphries. my brother met green day circa 97 when they were actually good and got their autograph. i can't remember who but we got brock lesnar's autograph circa 2003 when he was originally wrestling. i don't think you've ever heard of him but i met littlekuriboh creator of the abridged series at a convention and gave him a figure which he later tweeted about...

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Tons for work (the Emmys would be great for celebrity bingo) and a couple out and about (maybe the best random one being eating dinner at the table next to Christian Bale). Yet I was more envious of my roommate who met Buzz Aldrin at an event she was catering.

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Most people would mention Kristen Bell first and then Dax Shepard :p

14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I almost met the Pope. The real one, not the current one, but he declined Debo's invitation to join with us.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Please tell me he dropped a ton of f-bombs when his steak wasn't cooked properly.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  16. Space_Caboose

Space_Caboose Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 14, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Oh look there's me walking behind Jeremih and E-40.

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Nah, he was with someone and what I presume was his kid and her kid. And he seemed perfectly happy and was polite to the servers and such. The best part was when the restaurant (this was at Disneyland) started playing a piano version of "The Kings of New York" from Newsies. I'm sure it was just part of their loop of Disney piano music, but still, it was just one of those sublimely awesome moments for me.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I met Jake Lloyd. Chatted with him a bit then invited him to a party back at the HatVilla. Sadly he didn't show, but we had a great time.

19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    OH GOOD FOR YOU. AND HOW WAS IT?

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Said hi to Bill Murray at a minor league baseball game once. He nodded back.

Also met Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Bart Scott, Tomlinson, and Braylon Edwards at a Jets-Pats game.

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    My cousin cleared away George Lucas' dirty salad plate one time. The same cousin's guitar teacher's wife once sold a harmonica to Bob Dylan's roadie.

We're hard up for celebrity meetings in the heartland. :(

MrZAP and LloydChristmas like this.
  22. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I met the Band Perry(country band) at a free concert at a BBQ place in Albuquerque.I talked to Kimberly Perry and she said she had never heard of my name.:)

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  23. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I met Buzz Aldrin at his book signing. :)

24. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    The closest I've come to meeting a celebrity has always been at Walt Disney World, where I encountered Michael J. Fox (1993-ish) and Warwick Davis. (Star Wars Weekends 2008). I didn't actually meet them....MJF was standing a few feet away during a parade at Disney-MGM, while Warwick Davis was hosting a costume trivia thing inside what is now the "American Idol" building.

As for "celebrities" I've actually interacted with....just voice actor Scott Innes. His daughter was one of my underlings when I managed the party store.
    He's more of a local celebrity anyway....though the fact he's worked with Mark Hamill and Frank Welker is pretty neat in a "Six Degrees of Separation" kind of way. :p

25. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I will say that for anyone who goes to any convention that Her Universe is at, try to meet Ashley Eckstein. Ashley is probably one of the sweetest people on the face of the earth. Her husband David is usually there as well, and he's a former MLB MVP. Super nice guy as well!