main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace survive after his fall?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Frankakin skywalker, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    Even though i don't watch the Clone Wars series, i think Maul was brought back by popular demand.

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Boba's got a much, much better chance TBH-Lucas said in the 2004 DVD commentary that he had no idea how popular Fett was and that he even thought of trying to find a way to show that he lived.

3. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I agree that Mace could come back, but movies aren't comic books. There's a different standard for movies to retain a sense of realism; bringing back dead characters just because they're popular would upset that.

In other words: bringing Maul back in TCW = I can live with it, bringing Maul back in the movies = not okay

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    So long as Maul's final episode is a pure adaptation of Resurrection I'm fine. :p

5. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I read they shot Boba climbing out of Sarlacc but didn't include it in the final cut as it was a loose end. So Boba surviving Sarlacc is quite possible.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They never shot Boba climbing out AFAIK.

7. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, don't think they did either.

8. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with this. I remember thinking when I saw his "cut in half" death in the theater that it sealed the deal on Darth Maul ever coming back only to find out that they brought him back with a cyborg half on TCW, which made me side-eye it quite a bit. For me, based on what is shown in the films, I would say Mace Windu surviving seems more believable than Boba Fett climbing out of the Sarlacc pitt. This is because falling through Coruscant air traffic was never presented as much of a danger as being eaten by the Sarlacc was. Both Obi-wan and Anakin survived their chase through Coruscant with Anakin even doing a controlled dive so it is possible that with only a slight coincidence that Mace could have survived (this doesn't address his silence and lack of presence throughout Episodes IV-VI if he did survive though) whereas a whole bunch of people get eaten by the Sarlacc yet Boba Fett is widely considered to have survived only because he is so popular that he was essentially saved by the fans. This is why I'm of the opinion that if Boba is brought back then Mace should be brought back. Considering I don't really have a horse in this race as I really could take or leave them and I'd be perfectly okay with them remaining dead, I would say I'm probably as neutral as possible towards either of these two.

SlashMan likes this.
  9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    In ROTJ's audio commentary, GL said he was considering shooting that scene for the Special Edition. While it might have been a cool moment, I don't think there'd have been a way of having him escape the Sarlacc post-Barge explosion without hurting the beautiful, tightly cut and scored heroes' take-off from Tatooine. That's why the Sandstorm scene was already cut.

-NaTaLie- likes this.
  10. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    You bring up a good point. Knowing that Boba Fett survives takes away a lot of the tension of the scene. I mean, if some dude with cool armor could survive, Luke (a trained Jedi Knight) totally could. Or you could go by what's been said in the movie and assume that all inhabitants would be digested over the course of a thousand years.

11. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Yeah, now that we fans are so focused on Episode 7, Mace coming back would be not that cool. In Episode 3, maybe that would have been ok. Also, he would be an old man in Episode 7.

12. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Where exactly do they come out at?

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    For narrative, character, and logic purposes, he's quite dead.

For simple awesomeness, comedy, and more Samuel L. Jackson, "IT TAKES MORE THAN THAT TO KILL ME, YOU SITH %^&@$%$@%@$%!!!!" Robo-Windu in ST!

(Side note, for more SLJ awesome, please go see Django Unchained. Much bigger part than I realized walking in.)

SlashMan likes this.
  14. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    What is it that mindless drones like to write in message boards..."absence of evidence is not evidence of absence?"

Even with that said, he's very much dead.

As BigAl6ft6 said: "For narrative, character, and logic purposes, he's quite dead."

15. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Two letters: N-O

16. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    that he even thought of trying to find a way to show that he lived.

---

truly a man with a plan then.

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Mace Windu survived the fall but bowed out of the events of the galaxy in favor of pimpin' twi'leks in the lower levels of Coruscant.

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Assuming Mace survived, he'd be 73 at the start of A New Hope. Assuming then that the Sequel Trilogy took place at least 20-30 years later, that still puts him at close to 100 years old. Even if he did survive, he should be dead of old age by the time of the sequel trilogy. Mr. Jackson's best chance of return is as a descendant of Mace Windu or as a spirit.

kainee likes this.
  19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I vote Spirit. Force Ghost council, with Qui-Gon as the chair, would be awesome.
    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

kainee likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Carbonite or robotics or force magic or blah blah blah, we can get 100% more Windu in the ST! And he'd be way, way angrier because he got his hand chopped off and electrocuted and thrown out a window and stuff.

As I said, I think Windu's story ends at the perfect point in "Sith". But I'd want more anyway. Those two things do not make sense. I am large, I contain multitudes.

21. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    i hope mace survived

[​IMG]

22. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Yeah that's a good idea. As i have said before, George Lucas wanted him out of the picture. If Mace Windu showed up in Episode 7, would the New Republic really even care?

23. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Hope that he doesn't return. He was injured and electroshocked by " .. a Sith Lord" when he fall, Impossible to survive.

I didn't liked that Maul returned in TCW TV Show. He was quit dead when Obi-Was cut him in half.

Boba on the other side, seems more possible to survive. In EU he survived, so I wouldn't had a problem if he returns in the movies, though for a lot of people it will generate a lot of confusion.

24. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    No-one can say that better. hey i just noticed you and me joined the exact same day shocking

25. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    What would happen if the movie depicted that even though Mace was defeated and utterly knocked unconscious while being thrown from the window, his mind and subconscious mixed with the force, in turn helped brace his fall at the very bottom. His subconscious use of the force kept him alive, even though his conscious part of his brain wasn't aware of what happened..

Its a known fact that jedi sensitive's had the force guide them unbeknownst to their knowledge of what was happening. It helped keep Kyp alive on Kessel.

Possibly went into hiding off planet or perhaps was recovered by someone of importance guided by the force, something that seemed like a lucky coincidence turns out to be the forces guiding hand. Maybe he had sustained injuries and was frozen cryogenically, only being taken out of his freeze by the same force that helped protect him from his fall. When his body was fully healed and his mind healed did the force allow Mace to reawaken from his sleep..

Perhaps this is the only way to reincorporate him into the new movies while his age not being a factor...

Or perhaps he survived by a subconscious jedi hibernation technique, kept him in a stasis until his mind was fully healed, than the force brought him back out of it.

This is really the only logical not completely stupid ideas into getting him back into the movies.