main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The rule of two was a bad idea

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Sitara, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    But I mean, does it exclusively refer to fallen Jedi?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  3. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, that's what I thought. So that would include Palpatine in the pre-PT conception, I guess, without the need to assume Leia or anyone else thought Palpatine was once a Jedi.

4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Sounds about right. "Dark Jedi" back then, could be thought of as "any Dark-Side user, regardless of background"

5. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Oh, I can think of at least one [former] author that would answer that question in the affirmative....

6. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Considering one Sith manipulated and eradicated a Jedi Order with around 10,000 members I would say the Sith did pretty well

Legacy Jedi Endordude likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    If you're thinking of Traviss- some of her characters (like Daala, or Mandos, who couldn't be expected to know the facts) said that sort of thing- didn't mean that she failed to recognize the difference.

8. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    It's highly debatable, but the debate has been done.

9. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Well, the Rule of Two made it so the Master didn't have to worry about being backstabbed by multiple apprentices. Look at the Plagieus book - Teneborus' two padawans are on the field, and one dies. That infighting destroyed the Sith once, and would have again.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

10. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, not right away...

11. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012
    The Rule of Two, as it is portrayed in the movies, raises a couple of questions. Firstly when Yoda says that there are always two "no more, no less"...well, that can't be right - because one of them has just been killed, so at that time there can only be one. The other problem is that the Jedi have confirmed that Maul was a Sith, but how? Only via the Sith or those he has had dealings with could they know that. Perhaps the Neimodians told them but....Dooku's words to Obi-Wan in AOTC about Gunray being in league with a Sith Lord are offered as new info, and taken by Obi-Wan as if it is. Also, the Neimodians knew that Maul was Sidious' apprentice, so why would the Jedi Masters be wondering whether it was the master or the apprentice Obi-Wan had killed?

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Qui-Gon suspected he was a Sith after their first encounter- the Jedi Order may have simply decided his suspicions were correct after the second encounter and Obi-Wan's account.

ILNP likes this.
  13. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Qui-Gon did say that based on Maul's fighting style, and his red lightsaber, that he concluded that maul is a Sith.

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I don't recall him saying anything about his lightsabre; still, Qui-Gon "just knowing" that Maul is a Sith works for me. Dude was alot more open to the seemingly impossible than the other Jedi of his time.

15. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    I read sometimes that a Dark Jedi is a fallen Jedi, or someone who has been trained by a Dark Jedi. The other difference between them and the Sith is that they don't have a code and pretty much don't have an ultimate goal.