main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Shelf Of Shame...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Harpua, Sep 2, 2012.

1. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    'puah, i was playing ocarina of time master quest on my phone during most of the pop-station listening session, so i was able to more or less filter out most of the stuff. but the one more night song in particular was thrusting its penis in and out of my ear, so it was very difficult for me to ignore it.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    ok i watched the video, and yeah i still don't know. maybe he didn't travel through time, but rather to another dimension where happy ever after and payphones still exist. also wiz khalifa's part was terrible. also my son apparently knows all the words.

3. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    why didn't he die when the car blew up right next to him? was he fitted with some kind of super-strong synthetic skin after the conclusion of the cyborg wars? re wiz, yes it sounded like an afterthought.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, his glasses didn't even get knocked off or anything. also how far into the song do you think the person on the other end of the line made it before they hung up? i think i would have lasted about three words.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    You two win the award for how to best derail a game thread in one easy step.

6. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    i guess he was talking to the girl from the other video. their relationship seems to be a bit shaky, so i imagine her patience for listening to such a long song would be very thin. with this in mind, i would venture to say that she likely listened to about maybe thirty seconds of the song, shouted into the phone "CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS WHEN YOU GET HOME?" and hung up. so that means that he was just singing the rest of the song to a dial tone!

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    They're not derailing... the whole purpose of the game is to introduce people to things they're unfamiliar with and generate discussion. The game is boring as hell when the only answers are "heard it" and "haven't heard it."

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    also i think it's pretty clever of him to make up a song about being at a payphone right there on the spot when he was at a payphone. but you'd think he would mention the crazy chase with the cops and his car blowing up and all of the other action movie exploits that happened. if he is talking to the girl from the video he isn't giving her much new information.

9. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    no, i'm sorry the girl from the other video, the yodeling video. (i watched that one too) i don't know what's going on with the bank girl. maybe he's seeing her on the side. or maybe he just wanted to save the hottest girl that worked at the bank and leave everyone else to get shot by the robbers.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    well if i was adam levines and i could only save one person i would probably save the hottest girl too because she would probably have sex with me. but if it was me in that situation i would probably save the hottest girl i would have a chance with. i mean assuming there were no disabled children or elderly people in the bank of course. i don't mean that i want to have sex with disabled children and elderly people, just that i would save them first out of decency.

11. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    well he didn't even try to have sex with her he just cut her loose and stole the car! so i don't know what his thinking was.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, i don't know either. maybe he has add.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm sorry but I'm now envisioning Buddy the Elf saying this to a random person.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I've heard this one - didn't know it by name, but I've heard it. Damn my wife's love of pop music. Keeping me at a zero

15. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I have not heard this one before. I'm listening to it now on YouTube. I like it. It's fun.

But I can tell this much already- I'll probably never listen to it again, especially since there aren't really any pop-listening people in my life right now.

That was fun, what's next?

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Internets - 20
    Kiki – 15 *
    Jensaarai – 22
    Platelet – 20
    BF2K1 - 19
    Todd - 20
    Juliet - 15
    Harpuah - 15
    DMC – 20
    Frank – 20
    Leona - 9
    Cor - 11
    Sami – 7 *
    PRENN – 4
    Myke – 0
    Crem - 0
    Tom - 0
    Ramza - 0
    Tunick – 6 *
    Invid – 7
    Inty – 0
    Lowie – 8
    Epic – 2

* Need answers for Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars from Kiki-Gonn Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi and DarthTunick

Coruscant is up.

17. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh, I'm next. Haha. Let me think of one.

18. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    I have not heard The Carnival of the Animals: The Aquarium. Now that I listen to it for the first time, I'm really surprised I haven't heard it yet. And mesmerized.

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I've heard the whole suite, so yes, I've heard The Aquarium.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Strange pick... had to look it up. It sounds vaguely familiar, and I like what I heard, but I haven't heard it in its entirety.

21. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I've heard it, trying to figure out from what things though

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I've heard it. It was used in the first trailer for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

23. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    You're all making me feel ashamed. :(

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, this sort of an odd pick. i mean i've definitely heard it in pieces, but i can't say for sure if i've heard all fourteen movements. not really sure how to answer.

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Had to listen to it because it didn't in any way sound familiar. Now I've seen Benjamin Button, but don't remember hearing it in a trailer, though I'm very unobservant most times with music in movies/tv series and such. So no idea if I may have heard it, I could have, but it left no memory with me if it did. So, up to you to mark me yes or no Kristie, matters not to me.