main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Yesssssssssssssss...someone else has caught the animated gif bug from me. It's spreading.

As for 12 hotshot rookies, I'll throw some out there without even consulting the library thread!
    1. Zeke Barbosa
    2. Maximus Qorbus
    3. Nelly Wizmark
    4. Jenna Leed
    5. Jayla Leed
    6. Riff Persnor
    7. Something Tam-Ford on the Monarchs (that's what I get for not looking at the library thread!)
    8. Mij Katan
    9. Aysel Yan'ii (which I probably misspelled...again)
    10. Gayla Renhorn
    11. ...and I'm stuck in naming legitimately good rookies. I could throw in Abbey Waters who had a good, workman-like season
    12. And...uhhhh...ummm...darn, so close

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, something like that. :p

3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Its Staweh Tam-Ford

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day for season award ballots.

5. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    And the Miners take on the Jets who are making their third consecutive Final appearance.

Will the Jets be blown to bits like they were last year by the Smugglers? Or will they emerge victorious like they did in 269 against the Senators?

Can Red finally deliver a title to Bakura, a franchise that hasn't seen the Galactic Cup since 259 when they defeated their arch rivals the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers, 18-15. And yes Trieste, I shall never forget that game. If ever we meet again in the Final, we will return the favor.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Quick question about the draft order. The Thyferra Force are currently picking 5th, but it looks as though they will be leaving the league and the Senators will be returning. Are the Senators going to be taking over that spot or will they get the second spot as an "incoming team"?

I think this was brought up before but never settled. Or was it settled and my bucket addled brain is forgetting?

[​IMG]

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

Also, glad I did all that planning for low draft order this year. ;)

However, to quote numerous people, "I have a bad feeling about this". Teams that go to the Final three straight times and win the first and then lose the second have this funny habit of rebounding to win the third one (see: the 228-231 Smugglers and the 256-258 Patriots). So Liam, yes, that is quite the question! And as for meeting in the Final, Liam, one of the reasons I wasn't totally thrilled about conference format is that precisely such a match up is now prevented. Best we can hope for are some epic Solo Conference championship games in the Semifinal. ;)

The good news is that I get to break out the totally awesome posts I've been saving for a Semifinal win and a Galactic Cup Final appearance. :D

A few questions:
    • Do we want to have an in-person award ceremony this year? The NHL does one like that, but the NFL (to my knowledge) does not and merely announces the winners during the playoffs. We used to do it during the postseason, but with the Draft I want to get that going ASAP and that kind of pushes the awards to before the Final. I can tell you that the Miners would not attend since they'd go straight to Ryloth from Rydonni Prime (and yes, this might influence your decision to have an in-person ceremony because Alana won't be there [face_laugh] ).
    • This is our first season with conferences. Do we want trophies for conference champions? Like the Lamar Hunt and George Halas Trophies? Or better yet the Prince of Wales and Campbell?
    --EDIT--

Bardan, sneaking in there before my post! Bardan_Jusik The Senators will draft second, behind Ralltiir. I basically gave you all a head's up here and implicitly gave you the opportunity to object to such a possibility. It wasn't officially settled at the time.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh I have no OOC objection, but Taab will ceratinly have his own objections to be sure. :p

I like the idea of Conference Championship trophies. The Whiney Farmboy for the Skywalker Conference and the Scruffy Looking Nerfherder for the Solo. :p

I was hoping for an in-person post season ceremony this season. The Mercs were going to boycott it. :p

[​IMG]

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey, you're now admitting it. :p

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I thought it was common knowledge. :p

[​IMG]

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Trieste, I'm fine with whatever way you want to conduct the awards ceremony. Most of us have 4 weeks to fill anyways. :p

12. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    FIX!!!!! THAT GAME WAS RIGGED!!!! I DEMAND AN IMMEDIATE INVESTIGATION!!!!!

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Miners in the title game while their rival Mercs have their worst season in franshise history? [face_thinking]

You may be on to something CPL. ;)

[​IMG]

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    As Commissioner, I have turned the matter over to the League's General Counsel, Esther Gondorf. She has delegated the investigation to one William J. Wonka, Esq., who will now give his verdict.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You have got to be kidding me. If this game was rigged, Trieste would have won five or six championships by now. :p

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

The game is too much fun to be rigged. ;)

[​IMG]

17. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    That was a quick investigation ;)

Trieste likes this.
  18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It doesn't take long to do investigations with the power of Teh Internetz! :D

19. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Once again I post... I lose :(

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hm, now I have a conundrum on my hands:

Do I root for the Jets, who have trashed me the last few years in big games, or do I root for my biggest rivals in the Miners Trieste (although the Smugglers are on equal footing here, so don't complain too loudly, Liam_Vehn :p.? Hm, decisions, decisions . . .

21. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    What is this NHL you speak of?

CPL_Macja likes this.
  22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    And I just realized that the Monarchs are on an 0-4 slide in the playoffs since Hot Rod died during the Premiership Final. I believe a jinx is in effect.

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I posted every week and lost all but one game. The Jets (as an NPC team) never got a bonus roll and are in the title game. [face_dunno]

[​IMG]

CPL_Macja likes this.
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    But the Jets have Phil Brooks, so apparently that means absolutely nothing important in the grand scheme of things . . .

Hm, this gives me some ideas for the offseason. Implausible ones, but who says I ever write plausible plots? :p

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    May we never see the day. :p

[​IMG]

Jedi Gunny likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.