main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Yeah, no kidding. :(

2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    There wouldn't be a LFL anymore, not after that stunt

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So I let my son watch ROTS for the first time last night and afterwards he had a bunch of great questions to ask. He asked why the clones betrayed the Jedi, why Anakin betrayed the Jedi, why the Republic gave Palpatine ultimate power, etc. I tried answering all his questions the best I could and he kept asking more! He really got into it and wanted to know every little detail of why this or that happened. It just reminded me of all the questions I had for my dad when I first saw the OT. I don't know of any other franchise that can inspire the kind of passion and imagination in children that Star Wars can. It made me even more excited for the ST so I can experience a brand new SW saga with my kids.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    How old is your son? ROTS is my 7-year-old's favorite film. He hasn't asked me quite that many questions yet, probably because I always leave the room after the ruminations scene, but I've loved watching him explain to his 5-year-old brother that "Anakin is a good guy who turns into a bad guy then turns into a good guy again."

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    He's five and I was very hesitant to let him watch Episode III (he's already seen I and II) because of its very dark themes. I was very proud of the way he handled it (although I did skip through the part where he takes out his lightsaber on the children) and his understanding of Anakin's deeds. He told me while he thought Anakin was a good person he did some very bad things to save Padme and in the end betrayed his friends and himself. I thought it was pretty insightful for a five year old. I don't know when I'll let him watch the entire thing with the scenes of the children but I just didn't think he was ready for that yet.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    The D is silent.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My oldest was 5 when I first let him watch ROTS as well. I had shown him the other five films already but I was very reluctant and put up with about three months of begging and whining before I relented. He did well with it though.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think we can underestimate children sometimes. They're pretty smart and most of them know the difference between right and wrong. I'm guilty of it and perhaps I should have allowed my son to watch that scene.

9. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    Good lord it is freezing out today.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think it depends on the kid too. Not much bothers my older one; my younger one is more sensitive. At this point I don't outright forbid any movie rated less than R, but I will give them an idea of what they'll see in it and let them decide if they still want to watch it. They're both pretty self-aware for their ages.

I have more trouble monitoring video games than movies; I just nixed some zombie game my oldest wanted for the iPad.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree. I didn't let my twins watch it until earlier this year (they're seven) and they got pretty upset about me letting him watch last night. :) I tried to explain to them that I just didn't think they were ready to watch it when they were five but they didn't like that. I've also had some trouble with which video games to let my kids play. They begged me to buy them a 360 for Christmas this year but I had them settle for a Super Nintendo instead. They were pretty happy with it.

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I think I'm gonna sneak out and watch Django today while my wife is napping. I will not be going to my movie theater though. I feel obligated to jump in and help when I do.

13. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    You won't be disappointed by the film. It is great.

DarthTunick likes this.
  14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Good afternoon GIL! I'm currently hungover as all hell, and am figuring out if I want to go to Denny's later.*

*after the Cowboys/Redskins game. Holy **** that's going to be exciting.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Hi Tunick. May the greasy food and fruit juice be with you.

DarthTunick and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  16. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    I feel dirty "cheering" for the Packers to win. We need a W, Pack!

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I really hope we get some news soon. The topics are getting pretty thin right now. I'm ready for them to announce that I'm the director of this thing. Oops, I shouldn't have said that.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Panthers beat the Saints! W00t! [face_dancing]

19. TahiriVeilaSolo69

Sep 27, 2002
    Bears won, so I need a Packer win to get the last wildcard position.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I will shortly be feasting on Del Taco & cranberry juice.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Pats handily defeated the Dolphins today. :D Great to have Gronk back.

22. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I'm still sore about my Lions. However, I'm rarely not sore about them. At least it wasn't another 0-16

23. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    And my favorite teacher is leaving the school. This sucks.

24. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Good evening everyone. Just called into the courts and....
    No jury duty tomorrow! WOOT!

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    After spending years of throwing away jury duty notices, I finally went last year... I was so thankful that I didn't get on a case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.