main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will they know who Padme is?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    At the end of ROTJ they don't know who Padme is, and since this is presumably ignoring the entire EU will they know who she is?

In the Dark Nest Trilogy they found out. Do you think the ST would have that in it?

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think having Luke and Leia find out about their mother would be a good plot point, especially if their new knowledge becomes a catalyst in their character arc, but it doesn't have to be done the way the Dark Nest Trilogy did it.

3. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    <Robot Chicken Palpatine>Who'se "they"???<\Robot Chicken Palpatine>

-c

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    One of the things that I really hope the ST does is tie the OT characters to the PT. Luke and Leia learning about Padme would be one of the areas to tie together. This could be very interesting if the storyline of Ep VII makes it an important plot element.

Episode Swag, Echo-07 and kainee like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Tatooine Ghost did a good job of tying the OT to the PT through Leia finding out about Shmi and Kitster. And it's one of my favorite EU books. I wouldn't mind seeing the ST do something similar.

Reaper63 likes this.
  6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know... is it really important for the story of the Sequel Trilogy? Probably not... so it might not even be mentioned.

SweetZombieJesus and Death T like this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I hope she's not even mentioned.

Heero_Yuy and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would like for Luke and Leia to at least acknowledge Padme in one of these films. However, I would love it if they visit Naboo for some reason (important to the plot) and go to Padme's grave. I think it would be a tragedy if they go two trilogies and only mention her one time (and that one time was without even mentioning her name.)

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Personally, I would prefer they not mention her at all, as her character was ruined for me at the end of ROTS.

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Yes, in Episode 7, Luke will get a crush on a hologram of Padme, in her Senate years, and will pine after her for the entire film. "Who is she? She's beautiful... again!"
    In Episode 8, he'll find out that she is his mother: "nnnnooooooooooooooooooo again."
    In Episode 9, he will sit in his council chamber, staring at his black gloved hand, and wonder why his libido keeps taking him to these dark, horrible places.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He could also take an X-wing with a flux capacitor, go back to Tatooine in 32 BBY, interfere with Anakin and Padme's first meeting, and make himself and Leia disappear from holograms forever.

12. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Does this involve him getting on stage and playing Max Rebo tunes for the old yokels in Mos Espa? "But your kids are gonna love it!"

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Luke will fix it all by backing up Anakin's pick up line with the song "Earth Angel".

We'll all laugh at the irony of Padme being Anakin's "vision" of love - loveliness.

14. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    what about having plot points from Tatooine ghost, where Leia still resents Vader, even though he was her father?.

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't really see the need to have it mentioned.

16. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    I think it would be a great bridge to the OT, with knowing her father had a part in the destruction of her home planet and adopted parents.

Shadojoker, DARTHSHAME and LawJedi like this.
  17. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The force gost of Obi-Wan has some explaining to do!!!!!!!

18. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Nah, Ric Olie's better at the narration of obvious plot points. And his flight suit is pretty cool.

Ric Hologram: "I am a hologram! I am Ric Olie! I am on Naboo! You are watching me from the future! I am speaking with my mouth!"

19. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    I would like for Padme to be mentioned even if in passing, especially since I feel bad for Luke. You would think that if he and Leia establish families of their own that they would also wish for extended families and Padme does have a sister and nieces.

Echo-07 likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A mention at least. Maybe Padme's sister and nieces might show up?

21. FryingpoorGreedo

FryingpoorGreedo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2012
    Max, it's your cousin Marvin, Marvin Rebo. You know that new sound your looking for? Well listen to this!

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I imagine that the Rebel Alliance lead by Luke and Leia will have established some order at least on Coruscant although I don't expect the galaxy to be at peace at all. Having re-established the Seante to some extent and perhaps Luke researching the Old Jedi Order he will have come to learn more about his parents. I think they both will. But i don't see it as a plot point because it seems highly inplausible that it would take 30 years to learn this information.

Episode Swag likes this.
  23. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Ahhhha ha ha, I don't think i'll ever get tired of this skit.

24. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    IRRC, Edvin Biukovic (really talented and unfortunately deceased artist) put a shot in Leia's chambers in The Last Command comic adaptation, of a stained glass mural of Padme. Mind you, this comic was made and released when we really didn't know much about Padme's character, other than Natalie Portman's face.

Regardless, it was a really nice and subtle way to show to show that, five years after the Endor revelations, Leia was accepting and reverent of her mom's legacy. And they can probably do something equally classy in the ST.

Now acts of reverence to the Skywalker/Vader history are another story...

25. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    have natalie portman play leia's grand daughter and then leia can be like nooooo u look like my mother

would u rather luke or leia fall to the dark side?

or better, have leia's grand daughter, played by natalie portman, fall to the dark side?