main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ~*~The Blue Moon Cantina~*~ (Bad Moon on the Rise!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Allegra, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Mmm, vinegar, I may like those onions.

2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Lots of pickled foods available in UK, Grand Master (probably traditional holdovers from the Medieval period) - Pickled Cabbage and Pickled Eggs being just two that I can pull readily to mind. DRAT! I've just had a Sausage Roll (Jumbo) and thnking/writing of food has made me hungry again!

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I saw them mentioned earlier, and I thought I'd mention the fact that its rare for me to be able to stomach even the smallest plate of Pancakes.

Being a lightweight has its drawbacks... I'm 6'3" and 135 lbs., and it definitely isn't as nice as it might seem. I have to use my legs as a cushion for chairs that don't have them because I don't have natural cushioning, it hurts REALLY bad when I accidentally bump one of my joints against something hard or pointy cause I'm so bony, I have to special order pants cause I'm size 29x34 and worst of all, I usually get full RIGHT as I start to enjoy the taste of a food. :(

The only good thing about it is all the compliments I get about my looks. :p

Speaking of which, sort of... here's a recent picture of me showing off my new 8-bit sunglasses. Deal with it.

[​IMG]

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Kev you know you're at least ten to fifteen pounds underweight for someone of your height right?

5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Pancakes give me a stomach ache too.
    Unfortunately, I have to pull myself away from food which is why despite all the exercise I get I'm not thin.

6. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Lucky it's a cat, not a dog, Master! Cats don't think that they always have to finish up every little scrap of what's been put in the food-bowl; dogs tend to gorge themselves stupid -- and that can get messy!

You'ld probably like traditional English Fish & Chips (Fries), Runner, if you like vinegar -- from what we call a 'Chippy'; cod in batter and chips/fries that you salt and can really souse in vinegar, all wrapped up in a newspaper parcel (greaseproof between the food and the newsprint, though).

Are those the 'Scotch' pancakes (as on the animal up-thread), Runner, or the 'Shrove Tuesday' cook-at-home variety?

7. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I just ate two pancakes tonight for dinner. Good stuff to me.

How goes it Kev?

Fish and chips sounds soooo good right now!

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    you don't starve yourself do you Kev? Because from that pic you need at least to put another 20 pounds on minimum

Padawan I miss having a dog. So shush about that :p

9. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    *stumbles in*

Not fun not having any internet at all yesterday :p

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    No, I don't starve myself. I just have a ridiculously fast metabolism. For example, I digested Thanksgiving Dinner in an hour.

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Tim I grew up in Maryland, so I know I like fries with vinegar! I haven't had fish in years my husband hates the smell, and now it no longer sounds good to me either. He rubbed off on me, I suppose.

12. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi, Sky Guy! We missed you! Definitely not fun, That's why I went for a Dongle rather than something off our landline (which we have now just cancelled as surplus to requirements)!

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    That bites. You look like you could use some extra weight, have you talked to a doctor about trying to gain weight?

14. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    hmmm I'm thinking of buying some vitamin d light bulbs for my place. I'm vitamin D deficient even though I take supplements, so I'm poking around, seeing if this would be a good investment.

15. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Have you tried Saute Potatoes, Runner? Good with Steak. Similar to fries, but cut as disks. Also can be soaked in vinegar!

16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I never heard if those Swan. Interesting concept. I get vitamin D during my lunchtime walks at work and from almond milk, no idea if I get enough.

No Tim, but sounds GOOD.

Edit: Tim I think that's what my mom calls home fries, lol. I like them, yes.

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    No, but I have an appointment for a general check up scheduled pretty soon, so I'll probably see about that then.

*just now noticed Swan said his name* :p

I'm good, kind of busy lately, but good nonetheless.

18. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm already taking three vitamin d supplements and live in an area where there is cloud cover over half the year so...

19. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Might be an idea to see what intake you could get from a tanning-table session, too, Grand Master -- those things use UV too, don't they?

20. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I'd never thought of that one Tim. Problem with that is that I burn so easily.

*laughs helplessly* The site I found the vitamin d lightbulbs on is for reptilian pets! [face_rofl]

21. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Check with your local Salon, Grand Master, I know (from my niece) that the session timings are variable -- but not if the intensity can be adjusted.

22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Huh. Good point I suppose. I'd never even thought of these things. And I've never been to a salon. *blushes*

23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    No tanning beds! Danger! Cancer! Death!

Supplements, milk....MUCH BETTER.

25. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Don't worry, if I EVER went I'd be extremely cautious. And wearing 50 proof sunblock. :p

Runner, supplements and milk just aren't doing enough sadly. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.