main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    if so then yea.

2. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Let's beat the Cowbabies all the way back to Texas where they came from. HAIL!

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. Ryan has the obnoxious style that caters to ESPN, we only made that kind of tabloidish news when Haley wouldnt shake Mcdaniels' hand a few years back.

We do have a few skill players better than anyone the Jets have got on offense, but they are the better team, considerably.

4. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Wow that Vikis and GB game right down to the last 3 sec. Minn is in and the Bears are out. So it's just up to the Redskins and Cowboys.

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    shame about peterson being 9 yrds shy, but what he did this year was pretty insane.

Darth McClain and anidanami124 like this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And New England absolutely crushed the Dolphins. I guess New England got tired of losing to them at the end of the season.

7. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I guess New England really want that bye week also it's not like the Dolphins had much to play for. Maybe they wanted to lose to go up a little bit in the draft?

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Still rooting for the Redskins. Even though the Giants are out, I completely despise the Cowboys as opposed to merely disliking the Skins.

Wish Peterson had got the record, but he played a hell of a game regardless.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't care how tacky it may seem to have co-MVP's, but in my humble opinion, both Peyton & Peterson both deserve the award. What each has done for their teams, coming off of serious injuries is nothing short of breathtaking.

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    they did it once before with peyton and mcnair. but that seems unlikely to happen again considering it's a RB against a QB. and you're assuming either of them actually wins it. although to me it definitely should be one or the other.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Could have co - Comeback of the Years

s65horsey likes this.
  12. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    So why are the Cowboys still called Americas team? I mean really give it to another team.

13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    The Broncos advanced in the playoffs last year with Tebow at QB. The Vikings without Peterson are basically the Jags. AP is MVP.

That said, Aaron Rodgers is probably going nuclear on them next week.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    who else would you give it to? the steelers?

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I don't care... Peyton has lead them to a 13-3 record/the #1 seed in the AFC. Quite a turnaround after having a crappy/questionable QB lead their team last year. There is an argument to be made for Peyton to be MVP.

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i think there's a bit bigger question here. do they really want to give peyton a FIFTH MVP trophy? i kinda don't see that happening for some reason. kinda like jordan not winning the MVP a couple years when there was absolutely no doubt that he actually was. i kinda see people being tired of peyton winning it.

anidanami124 likes this.
  17. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Maybe just not give any of the teams the nick name Americas team.

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, i'd agree that the "america's team" monicker needs to just go away. it was from a different era, a different world really.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, in addition to everything Tunick said, he also did it, coming off of some serious neck injuries/surgeries that a lot of people were pessimistic that he'd come back from. That alone makes it hard to argue against giving Peyton the MVP.

20. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Okay I don't care either, give it to Cam Newton for my fantasy team!

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, there's that to consider too. really, it's not an easy year to make a decision on that one. i mean, tom brady could be argued, and aaron rodgers.

EDIT

well, this has been a great start to this game. :rolleyes:

22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Stupid Texans! Now you have given the Pats the bye and they will probably go to the Super Bowl yet again. Useless.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  23. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I was one of those pessimistic people. I still kind of am in the fact that if he reinjuries it could mean the end of his career.

Not unless Peyton has anything to say about that one.

24. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Every time they have been the 1 or 2 seed they have gone to the bowl with Brady, IIRC.

25. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Holy crap Romo that was one of the worst deep throws ever.