main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its gonna be interesting to see how all this fits together with the stealing of a Separatist shuttle and then a Venator getting attacked.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    It's not like they've never seen heads exploding in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm sure your right but I recall seeing similar stuff removed entirely before on the old board.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't have a problem with them calling Venators "cruisers." "Jedi cruisers" is a little too specific and awkward. But I'd think calling them "star destroyers" seems a little too aggressive for a military being led by peacekeepers, and a Republic that sees itself as the victims of the war started when Dooku seized Jedi and a senator and intended to execute them. I never thought it really made sense to call the Venators "star destroyers." Especially when the EU seems to go back and suggest that such designs and classifications seemed to originate with the Sith.

It's like calling Nimitz-class aircraft carriers simply "aircraft carriers" for short. Seems more natural than pointing out something like, "we have two Nimitz-class aircraft carriers approaching off our port side! Target the Nimitz-class aircraft carriers!" Unless there is a different kind of cruiser that requires the CIS/Republic to differentiate one class from another, it seems fine to me to call them cruisers. Though again, Republic Cruiser would be way better IMO than Jedi Cruiser.

Seerow likes this.
  6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I know right... Especially since the official site, which is handled by LFL people, has links to Wookiepedia articles. That means they could look it up. And LF has archives and data.

Thing is that the Shuttle in the middle of the chaos is a Republic shuttle.

[​IMG]

IMO the CIS will have droids get this thing to the conference over Carida. The shuttle will be full of droids and bombs from the Abafar factory.

And I would not be shocked if the message Grievous sent out, the one the module had to decode, that message maybe was regarding sending bombs from the Abafar mines to blow up the Carida station. And it would not be a shock how Gascon and co. crash on the same planet that Grievous is using to mine explosives for the attack on the conference that Gascon should be at.
    Can not wait!

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    A Trojan Horse, awesome!
    I have a big question. Is Palpatine privy to D-Squad and the mission? Something smells fishy to me, when it comes to that decoder. It reminds me of the Hardeen arc, when there was a twist at the end. Like, Grievous is just trolling the Republic.

Remember S3 on Kamino? They wanted the clone DNA. I wonder if they were going to try just what D-Squad is attempting. The Seps could grow Jango-clones and infiltrate the Republic with their own men. Like Slick, but on a bigger scale.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm pretty torn on that idea cwustudent. I feel like this arc needs some sort of immediate and big payoff to be worth it, just as Filoni has hinted. I'm just hoping its either something to do with the Deathstar or the Nexus Route. I really hope we don't end up with another traitor droid or Gascon as a traitor. I also wouldn't want Gregor to turn out to be another clone traitor.

Clone Plants would be a cool idea however.

Personally I like the idea that the flash drive thing could infact be booby trapped is awesome. I'm imagining 'what if' it was planted with the other kind of trojan which is pretty much a back door or something it that transmits something back to the CIS or damaged republic infrastructure. Maybe even hijack the Jedi temple's security files and transmit something that gets blown way out of proportion and causes the distrust certain folks are looking for and subsequent anti-Jedi riot. It could work.

9. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Seerow When I say twist, I don't mean a traitor, like Slick was. I'm just saying, I'll be let down, if Grievous' plan is simply to bomb the military meeting above Carida. I like the idea of the Trojan Horse full of droids and bombs, but if D-Squad fulfills the mission, the Republic will be prepared. So Grievous has to have an alternate plan, one the Republic doesn't anticipate.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Would be fun.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. I forgot about that, but yes! A TROJAN HORSE... that is a perfect name for the plan I think the CIS are going to try. Now, I can not wait even more.

Maybe.... but the Kamino thing failed and the Republic did not allow for the CIS to have the Jango DNA.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Jango clone plants. Maybe Ventress still got away with a with the DNA in the spit from her kissing Colt's corps.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Oh my god! How did they manage to phone in Rex... HOW... This show is just killing me with it's biased nature.

Can not wait for Gregor...

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  14. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    It looks like a previous recording....

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    lol you do know that is an old recording right?

This episode is gonna be interesting

16. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    It is.

17. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I think he was saying that they managed to get Rex in the episode, not "call" him.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    In that case, it should have been Cody. :p

Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    or Bacara or Gree or Bly and even Cut

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, Gregor looks like a hobo! I laughed when he took a straight swig out of what looks like a straight bottle of bourbon. xD

Poor guy... anyone else notice where he reached into Rex's holo and seems to be grabbing his heart out?

And great to see ya Rex even if its just a holo. I'ma switch to my ol' Rex avatar to celebrate.

21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This clip looks promising...

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It is still quite phoned in...

Anybody, but Rex again. They overuse Rex for everything.

It does look curious!

23. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
  24. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    That's interesting. Those shots of Ashoka at the end were really evocative. The combination of the misty rain and the lights of gunships in the distance...really beautiful in an atmospheric way.

And those drums reminded me of Revenge Of The Sith's opening.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "Bring back the lost child..."

There are actually some butterflies in my stomach. The shot of Ahsoka falling almost seems symbolic.