main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    My stepfather can trace his family to the Mayflower: his ancestor was the clergyman on the ship. William Brewster, who went nuts and got himself kicked out of England. His eldest children are Jonathan, Elizabeth, and Mary, I believe. His younger three are Love of God, Fear of God, and Wrasslin With The Devil. I kid you not!

I consider myself lucky that my wackiest ancestor was a guy named Vlad.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My roommates children are here for a visit and they've never seen snow, they are so excited! Unfortunately, we've only gotten a dusting, but it's fun to see how excited they are with just a little bit.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    When I lived in San Diego I never saw snow, but a couple times it hailed. During recess we noticed the hail had stacked up against a wall. So we mashed them together and tried to have a snowball fight. ACK! That hurt. Snowball Vs. Iceball...the iceball wins everytime and can cause bruises.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    It snowed here, and then rained, which turned it into slush, and then the wind made it all crunchy. I bought a snow shovel today as tomorrow it's to snow some more.

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ouch. Hail hurts when it falls from the sky, I can't imagine getting an iceball thrown at me. A few summers ago we had a huge hailstorm here. The hail's diametre was about the size of my thumbnail, so quite a good size but not big enough to break skylights or anything. Anyway, half an hour into the storm and I realize that my sister's stupid cat was outside. I was the only person home, but thankfully I guessed that he would hide under our lilac bushes, which was were I found him. Still, the hail hurt.

And then there was that time that we had an afternoon of like monsoon-like rain. Again the cat was outside and I was the only one with a heart to go look for him. I found him in like 2 minutes, but when I got back inside, I was so wet that I looked liked someone pushed me into a lake.

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    When I was little, we spent a week or two in Texas. Three days after we left, it hailed with stones the size of baseballs. Millions of dollars in damage.

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yikes. I know last year, the lake that my uncle goes to got golf-ball sized hail stones. Completely ruined his boat and I think a window broke in his camper-trailer or truck or something. Soo glad that it wasn't in town or at the lake where we have our boat.

So, I made it my goal in September to finish my novella by New Years. Unfortunately Darth University ruined that plan in November, but I did manage to make it to the 20,000 word mark this evening. I figure I only have about 5000 - 7000 more words to go, but my chapter-by-chapter plan kinda got flimsy near the end, so it's probably closer to 10,000 more words, but still, the end is in sight!!!!

Dantana Skywalker likes this.
  8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    When I make snowballs for fights, I pack them really tight. I'll pack a small ball, then layer on more snow, pack it, layer on more snow, and pack that. By the time I'm done, I have an ice ball. I don't play fair. ;)

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    That's why it's a $50 fine per snowball where I live. That and the kids who put dog crap and broken glass in their snowballs and threw them at cars.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Eew, frozen dog poop?

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yep. And glass, rocks, bits of metal . . . Kids were vicious when I was little, so now snowball fights are outlawed in my city.

12. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    See, if my car was hit by a poop bomb, I'd probably be all 'oh those crazy kids', or something. Putting glass and metal in a snowball is just dangerous and stupid though.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Snowball fights in my neighborhood were played under strict rules: Snow only, and no head shots. By all means, pelt someone in the gut or back or butt, but you never aim for the head, and people with glasses were exempt. Below-the-belt shots for them, only. As for the snowballs, they had to be snow. Nothing but snow. No rule on how hard you pack it, though.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    When I lived in AL it snowed and I and a friend decided to go out to the golf holes, since that was where the cleanest snow was, in the neighborhood to have a little snowball fight. Next thing we know some jerks come along and pelt us with ice balls, ruining our fun.

This message brought to you by the letter S and by the letter W.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Not frozen is even worse when rascals put fire-crackers in that on december 31. The lousy stuff is already out in the streets (70.000.000 euro were spent on fireworks already)

16. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I can't recall the last time I was in a snowball fight. Must be getting old. [face_geezer]

EDIT: Ah, so that's what the Choose From A List thingy does.

EDIT 2: And you can do it more than once per post, it seems.

EDIT 3: But you can only have more than two choices on the first list, I guess. Hmm . . .

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Ha something new to play with.

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Eww! TMI [face_laugh]

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Eew, exploding frozen dog poop.

And yay, new toy!

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Hahaha. Funny which ring the board chose. It better be a Ring of Invisibility!

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, I guess you could make a clothing construct, as you are technically still naked. Though... would that cancel out the ring's power?

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, New Year's Eve soon. Reminds me of my 2002-3 New Year's. I was a missionary assigned to Sylmar/SanFernando/Pacoima in the Valley and there was a lot of drunken revelry that happened on certain days of the year, so we weren't allowed to go out after dark. That meant that while we usually headed home at 9:30, we had to go in around 5. My companion, Wilson, stayed up all the way to...9 p.m. Then she counted down to the East Coast New Year and went to bed. I had three hours to myself and spent the time reading. This New Year's, I'm going to Les Mis in the morning, having lunch with Mom, going to dinner with a friend and then going to a party from 9-1. Ah, two days off in a row, how I love thee!

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm not doing anything this year. All the tickets for parties are like $70 each for the places in town, and usually that only includes dinner, not drinks, so I was going to go with my sister, her boyfriend and two of her friends, but I didn't want to spend all that money to be an awkward 5th wheel. My sister and her boyfriend decided not to go either because of the price. So we are spending the money we would have spent on one ticket for Chinese food for the entire family and booze. My sister is determined to get me totally wasted. It should be fun.

My cousin is a genius though. She is spending New Years babysitting. She put an ad online and she's babysitting I think 4 kids from 6pm New Years eve to 10am the next day. She's charging $200 per kid (inducing feeding them). And all the money is going towards her wedding.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll be heading to Dillsburg to watch the pickle drop.

25. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    You have a pickle drop?!? That's far more exciting than the Walleye drop in Port Clinton, OH.
    I feel like we should have something fun here... like a buffalo drop. But I doubt it. Oklahoma is dull.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.