main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yeah, what he said!!!!

2. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    There are a number of things in the PT that leave the door open for Sith in the ST. My bet is that the Master is someone we know and the apprentice is a new character.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Although I could easily demonstrate the stupidity of the "People think all Dark Siders are Sith" idea, I'm sick of that debate too.

4. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Anyone could come up with a reasonable explaination, but it's not about that. It's about whats been established.

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    OK

6. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    hmm interesting,

I guess the sith/jedi are ideas that use the darkside/lightside

7. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    I don't want to get into a fight here again, but how could the Force be balanced between dark and light with no dark? Does anyone here know what balanced really means? The Sith were overpowered in 4,5, and 6. Anakin fixed that by killing himself and Palpatine. But if the Jedi Order started up again and there were no Sith, how could anyone call that balanced?

Darth Sone likes this.
  8. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Balance means that the system is working

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm absolutely sick of the "Jedi unbalance the Force in favor of light" theory. In fact, the movies never say what two (or more) things are being balanced, if or if that's even the type of "balance" the prophecy refers to.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    Are you talking about my posts, are something different?

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Your posts are among the many I refer to.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it is Luke who symbolizes what true balance means. The Old Jedi believed they had to purge all emotion and the Sith relied completely on their emotions to gain strength. Luke is directly in the middle of these two opposing forces. Someone who allows his emotions to surface but not to cloud his judgment. I think it may turn out that it was both orders that were causing the imbalance.

EDIT: Just to be clear I'm not saying that Luke is the Chosen One (that's clearly Anakin) only that he symbolizes what I think Anakin could have been and what balance is.

13. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    If it is officially episode 7, then my mistake. But hey, stranger things have happened.

14. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    It occurs to me that Shmi could have been lying, as well. Perhaps she knew about the prophesy and took advantage of it by actively lying to Qui-Gon. Perhaps he would have sensed it...or perhaps she had a dark influence behind her.

THAT plot would be a true Marvel retcon!

15. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Again, I didn't say there was no Dark Side, or no Dark Side users, just no Sith.

The Sith aren't all there is to the Dark Side, nor are they the only people who can use its power.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I definitely think there should be a dark side character. I have no problem with it being a Sith. Obviously the history of the Sith is available for those interested to find it; I see no evidence that information about them has been somehow destroyed. So, if the writers want to bring the Sith back, they surely can. I don't see a good reason not to -- in fact, because there is so much history between the Sith and Jedi, it would be kind of odd not to have them back at some point.

Although, I don't think the ST has to have dark side characters. It could have some other villain or remnant of the Empire. But I can see Disney at least ending, if not beginning, the ST, with their reemergence.

Darth kRud likes this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Because Palpatine was always meant to live until the end of the saga, him getting killed off 2/3 into the saga will always piss me off (unless the ST thinks of a good justification).

18. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Unrealistic. Like light sabers? Light speed? The force? Space stations the size of a moon? Aliens who speak English? The love story in the prequels? (had to throw the last one in).

Jedi Merkurian and Dra--- like this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The unrealistic comment was in response to some other posts on this board.

20. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    How very observant of you :)

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Separatist101

Separatist101 Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2010
  22. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I actually agree. Disney is in control now and they are going to do whatever they want to do to make $$$$ and lots of it. Thats why I would not be a bit surprised to even see DARTH VADER as the villain somehow, someway. He would sell tickets and think of the marketing campaign.

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    “Life creates it; makes it grow.”

This is Yoda referring to the Force in ESB. Living beings create the Force. Going by that, I would say that the anger, fear, and hatred latent in all living beings is what generates the dark side of the Force. Therefore, as long as there are living beings, there will be a dark side to the Force. So long as there are Force-users, there is a risk of someone being consumed by the dark side.

Therefore, so long as there are living beings, so long as there are Jedi, there is always the possibility of a new Sith Lord.

I’d actually say it’s unrealistic to not ever have Sith again.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It would be unrealistic if they're always a threat to the Jedi.

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    A Jedi all amped up on anger-roids? How is that not a threat?