main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How come Dooku had King Rash killed?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by kenobifan1999, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I never really understood this. I get that the separatists were pulling out, but why did they kill King Rash?

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    For the evil lolz, Dooku has to make up for all those times he didn't follow through on his threats to kill Ventress if she failed him again.

I suppose Rash could have possessed some minor intelligence on the CIS as well.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Cause he was useless in the end

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The rebels were probably going to execute him anyways. The writers most likely did it to make Dooku look evil like CT-867-5309 said.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Just to be evil. There was no point. Actually seems counter productive since if a CIS loyalist like Rash were tried and executed by the Republic, he could be a martyr to the CIS. By killing him, Dooku is just creating a liability in showing the unnecessary cruelty of the CIS.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Seems to be what happens to all the minions who fail Dooku and are not either Ventress or Grievous.

I would say Rash was executed because by then Dooku was aware the Jedi and by extension the Republic was involved and didn't want to risk Rash falling into their hands and spilling the beans on anything but it seems pretty stupid to tell any kind of secrets to Rash. Unless he could have been funding some secret stuff with Onderon's treasury. That is once again hard to reconcile with HOBS.

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Or maybe since Dooku was pulling his forces out he was afraid Rash would accuse the CIS of abandoning him or something.

8. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    thanks for the answers y'all :D

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Dooku has this retarded impulse to kill people at random. Even those who serve him well and are not to blame.

10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Did Rash actually serve him well? I thought he lost in the end..

Makes me wonder if Dooku actually wanted Katuunko alive for some reason, after he tried to kill him when he wouldn't join the Separatists.

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The price of failure I'd guess.

Vader did the same thing to many of those who failed him as well.

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Kalani and the droids were to blame, not Rash. And IMO Dooku needs to blame himself for the fails he claims other make.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Rash lost control of the Onderon Militia. If he had played them better none of the other problems would have happened.

14. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    idk i feel like rash isnt to blame any more than kalani & dooku are to blame. thats why i found it kinda weird that he had rash killed

15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Because he just lounges around on his throne eating fruit and then uses a decapitator device to cut that fruit in half?

16. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He was useless and he hurt the Separatist cause more than he helped. Come on, if you're a monarch and you get your ass handed to you by a small group of rag-tag rebels, that's pretty sad.

17. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    To the OP: Are you sure that Dooku ever insisted on having Rash killed? It looked like to me that Dooku was simply going to take his forces and leave, only sparing the guy because he was such a non entity at this point, and that it was Kalani alone that decided to kill him.

At least, that is what I remember from a one time viewing a few months ago. :p

18. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    And that's terrible.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    And let's be honest, the only King who should use fruit to make a point is King Renly Baratheon. That's what you get, Rash.

20. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    It may have just been... a rash decision!

Seerow likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its like Cortizone 10 on an annoying rash. <<;

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    At first I thought that Dooku having him quickly killed off was pretty sudden and felt a bit off, but when I think of it, there was a bunch of reasons to kill him; he had served his purpose and if captured, he would probably try to rat out Dooku and leak information about the CIS (if he'd gotten to know anything interesting at all; he might have been kept out of the light to some degree), and while he did a pretty good job, losing the general and the militia to the rebels whom they sided with was quite a slip-up that cost him valuable soldiers and power so there was at least some reason for him to get punished.

Still, I think Kalani should have been at least partially blamed since he took over from Rash and launched the final assault against the rebels who ultimately defeated him and the droid army (I guess Dooku doesn't want to waste any droid metal and also finds it easier to blame stuff on more or less outside sources who allies with the Separatists).

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There was a line in the TPM novelization about Padme: "She is no longer of use to us. Kill her when she lands." I assume the decision to kill Rash was along the same lines as this order from Sidious to Maul.

24. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    Also because they could have killed him and Kalani during the smoke cloud in part 3 and didn't...

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess they had to put Kalani doing something kinda cool in it. He was pretty worthless otherwise. So, they put an STD shooting Rash in.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.