main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Probably Solo-Fel, like Mara Jade-Skywalker, and Leia Organa-Solo, as that seems the custom now in the Star Wars Universe.

2. GrumpyGreg

GrumpyGreg Jedi Knight

May 27, 2011
    Ben isn't called Solo-Fel. Nor Jaina Organa-Solo. Wife adds the husband's name. Kids get the husband name only.

3. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Yeah, I misread the post and was thinking Team Padme was talking about what name Jaina is going under. Yeah, the kid will probably get Fel as their name.

4. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I'd have some big questions if Ben was called Solo-Fel ;)

cthugha likes this.
  5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Maragged?

6. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    What does this even mean?

7. GrumpyGreg

GrumpyGreg Jedi Knight

May 27, 2011
    Joke's on me :) Ben Jade-Amidala-Naberrie-Skywalker.

Danzo likes this.
  8. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Ben is just Ben Skywalker, as far as I know. And I don't think Mara did the hyphened last name. She was Mara Jade Skywalker, not Jade-Skywalker). Did Leia do the hyphen thing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think she did. She is Organa Solo, not Organa-Solo.

It seems Jaina is NOT taking on the Fel last name. In the fairly recent short story Getaway by Christine Golden, set right after the events of Apocalypse during their honeymoon, the author seems to make it clear at the very start that Jaina has not assumed the Fel surname: "He and his old friend and new wife, Master Jaina Solo..."

Seems a very Jaina thing to do...to me at least.

What this means for their kids' last name, if they have any (I am pretty sure the Felpire maternal line was never disclosed), I have no clue. Could go either way.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Denning waiting until we get Episode 7 info so that his book will be going off on a completely new tangent that completely disregards DNT/LOTF/FOTJ like he disregarded the NJO with DNT

Zeta1127 likes this.
  10. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    *le sigh*

11. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009

I always wondered why the Vong didn't stumble upon the lost tribe. Didn't the Vong find, like, everyone else in the galaxy? Was this ever discussed?

12. Adam_Bosman

Adam_Bosman Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2007
    I find the Lost Tribe to be one of the better EU additions in the past decade. It is probable that they crash and are never found. In fact; this is one of the few instances in SW where we see how big the galaxy 'should' actually be. Instead we get tired Tatooine stories over and over and over again. There should be BIG parts of the galaxy unexplored, w/ hundreds of thousands of habitable planets.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Kesh is somewhere in "Wild Space" - it might have been out of the path of the main Vong advance.

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    According to the co-ordinates, it is -- somewhere rimward of Tund and so way outside the YV Invasion Corridor.

15. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    That's good to know, I rather like the Lost Tribe.

16. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wait..isn't Mara-Jade's last name just Skywalker? Or was her birth surname Jade?

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jade is her surname as far as I can tell.

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Mara's married name is Jade-Skywalker

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Everyone just called her "Mara Skywalker" in the books, IIRC.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Well I remember in Survivor's Quest she told someone Jade-Skywalker

21. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    At the start of SotP she says something like "only it's Jade Skywalker now...."

22. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I know that this has probably been posted numerous times, but I haven't kept up with this thread as much as I would have liked to. Have there been any recent developments on this story? Do we know anything other than what the cover is going to look like?

23. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yes, but no hyphen. It may seem silly, but it makes a difference. She was Mara Jade, then became Mara Jade Skywalker when she married Luke. This makes Jade her new middle name, with her new last name being Skywalker. Same with Leia, who went from Leia Organa to Leia Organa Solo. Ben's last name is Skywalker and Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin's last name is Solo. If they used the hyphen, then Leia's last name would be Organa-Solo, but it's not - just Solo, like Han and the kids.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It's been years since I read that book so I couldn't remember the specifics of it. Thanks for the explanation

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought that the picture we got was just a promotional picture? I haven't heard anything else except 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.