main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm not sure why. I mean, I don't need for every story to be exactly like the last one in order for it to make sense. In fact, I think that would actually be kind of boring. A Star Wars story that was different would work fine as far as I'm concerned.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So remember that part when I said we're done proving Godwin's Law in this thread? ;)

Darth Sone likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The ideology of the Roman Empire's government.
    The point of comparing the two is that they are two DIFFERENT epitomes of evil.

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    On a thread about epitomes of evil...

5. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Which would be....?

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Very different from any ideology that exists today.

7. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I think "Roman ideology" means Pax Romana, all of rome united under one ruler. It is also where we get fun things like Imperialism, Centurions, Gluttony, Lots of roads, pools and bathtubs. Don't forget about aqueducts.

8. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Oh, so you don't actually have a point. Gotcha [face_peace]

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I have a point: it's that ideologies do die out.

10. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Seeing Ewan as a Sith in the Disney Trilogy would be awesome IMO.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm just curious as to what ideology of Rome's government you're speaking about. Over the course of over one thousand years that the Roman Empire stood many of its rulers grew a semi-cult status around themselves (i.e. declaring themselves gods; although this was usually reserved for after the rulers death) but there was never a standard ideology like fascism. Unless your referring to their practice of polytheism? However, polytheism was the dominate religious practice for many peoples throughout the world until the rise of Christianity and the various other religions around the world and was certainly not contained to Rome's government. I don't think there's much to compare between the Sith ideology or fascism with the Roman Empire.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Balance of the Force, not balance of the Force-users. Force-users are not the Force.

13. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    In other words: I am not my computer.

14. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

15. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    HNY Franakin[face_party]

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
  17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Not really, they can always be reborn. It wouldn't take much to revive Sith ideology, all it would take is any Force user learning about them through whatever means.

Roman ideology? Have you not come across our very own GrandAdmiralJello ? He's very much keeping it alive and well. Hell, Roman influences have made their way into Star Wars, a fictional franchise that wasn't imagined until centuries after the Roman/Byzantine Empire's total collapse.

Dra--- and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  18. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    I agree, because sith teachings are well documented, not to mention holocrons for force users... and the galaxy is a big place.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Don't be surprised if someone revives the Roman Empire.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    It's called The British Empire.;)

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Nothing about any of this proves this Sith ideology has died out. All of this has yet to make a real point. You are using some pretty flawed logic to argue that the sith can never return. Nothing you have said comes remotely close to proving it yet.

Dra--- and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  22. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Yes, the sith should be in the ST. They are the opposite for the jedi. Unless there are no jedi in the ST, then you don't need sith imo.

YESS we need to see more of Bounty Hunter & Smuggler type characters. Han Solo is awesome... just think of how cool a dark side "Han" character would be.:D

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    A couple of things on that: first off, what is the difference really, without resorting to wookiepedia or the EU, between a Sith and a Jedi who turns to the dark side? I’ve actually started a thread in Saga that discusses this question more at-length.

Secondly, let’s consider what you said. Setting aside that you’ve not defined what Roman Imperial ideology means, we all know that at some point in history, Roman Imperial ideology existed. Now consider a hypothetical person/group of people with a passion for history, boundless ambition, absolutely no scruples whatsoever, and superpowers. It wouldn’t take terribly long for such a person/group to establish whatever version they have of the Roman Empire in whatever locality they inhabit.

24. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    By extension, one could view the fall of Sidious as both a moral lesson, being that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and as portraying the failure of "imperialism" taken to extremes.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Imperialism was certainly not unique to Rome, either, nor did it vanish the moment the Roman Empire fell. Imperialism florished through the centuries after collapse of the Eastern Roman Empire (i.e. British Empire, French Empire, etc.) and is still around today.