main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Shall I start confessing my love for DayZ once more? :p Anyway, have a good slide into hte new year! (that´s what germans are wishing each other, at least).

2. RampaniLives

RampaniLives Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2012
    Ah, Black Ops II multiplayer. Almost seems as if it were designed with people who quick scope and head glitch in mind. Toss in scorestreaks like the Hunter-Killer that kill you as soon as you respawn and you have one of the worst multiplayer experiences ever ^:)^! However, I will agree that the campaign is actually pretty good. Nothing award worthy, as the VGAs this year agreed, but fun in its own right.

Still, what draws me to Black Ops II is Zombie mode. Granted, there are only 5 maps at the moment, but it is still much more entertaining than competitive multiplayer [face_skull]

3. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    *wanders in with a party hat on lopsidedly, carrying a half-empty bottle of cherry beer, and blowing on a noisemaker, before singing in a rather hammed-up Scots accent*

Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind?
    Should all our fandoms be forgot for the sake of auld lang syne?
    For auld lang syne, my friends, for auld lang syne,
    We'll make the RPF halls ring for the sake of auld lang syne!

In other words, Happy New year to everyone, and here's to a very good 2013!

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    In retrospect I should've programmed an autoplaying YouTube video of Auld Lang Syne set to go off if you logged on on January 1st.

But I didn't - which, I think, technically qualifies as a late Christmas present. :p

Penguinator likes this.
  5. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    First person shooting games ruined me for good. I learned the best strategy I had was to charge in, guns firing. It seemed to transfer to every game I play, even chess. :D :p

And happy New Year's Eve everyone! Stay safe! :)

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay, it's New Year's Eve and I'm still sorta sick. Fever has been gone for over 24 hours, so I think I'm safe to finally go out of the house (I want to go out and have a nice dinner), but don't have anything else planned. Need to take it easy this year. Oh well, I'll be around most of the night and I'll probably celebrate with a glass of wine later on at midnight.

Have a great New Year, everyone! :)

Hitchhiking-Ghost and spycoder9 like this.
  7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So approximately 4.5 hours until the American government officially screws the pooch. Certainly makes the countdown more interesting than usual for us Yanks. :p

SINGING!

Edit: Oh, jeez, that's purely related to politics, isn't it? Here, have a picture that's hilarious in nearly any context:

[​IMG]

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Seeing the New Year in with a bottle of Stella Artois, and an awesome 15-minute firework display over the River Thames in London. I don't know if the Olympic displays raised our game, but this was impressive for us.

I hope the fiscal cliff gets sorted in time.

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Unhappy Fiscal Cliff!

Wait, that's now dated...

Um...

**** 2012! :p

10. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    See, the thing about FPS's is that....they're FPS's. But Halo.....

It's Halo :cool:

11. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    LOL! Yep! That pretty much summed up Halo. :p That and Ghost Recon were the ones I usually played the most. Though, usually in Ghost Recon, I actually did my opposite and sniped from behind the bushes.

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Never got into the Ghost Recon games. I did try Future Soldier but.....meh. I liked the campaign but the multiplayer....I dunno. Didn't seem that great to me. I just like my Haloz when it comes to the multiplayer not only because of some good firefights but the crazy shenanigans that go on whether it be capturing the flag despite there being clear points in time where you should've died or no-scoping at one enemy player, only to have your sniper shot miss him, bounce off a wall, and instead headshot the other enemy player that was behind him :p

Wish Halo Waypoint got the file sharing figured out. Would at least like to get some of those screenshots up.

13. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh screenshots in Halo...my brother and I have some priceless ones from Reach. Namely hilarious assassinations :p

14. Mr.Krypton

Mr.Krypton Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2012
    Fiscal cliff avoided, but some people saw it as good... But whatever.

Happy new year everyone!!

15. RampaniLives

Dec 17, 2012
    I do have to say, 343 did a great job with Halo 4 and its multiplayer. Not many companies could take such an iconic franchise and not only make it as good as its predecessors, but even better. Kudos to them. Also, at the end of the campaign, I only cried for about 20 minutes.

And Happy Early New Years!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!!

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Funnily enough, the ending was kind of meh to me while the rest of the campaign was pretty good :p

As for 343's success...we were just lucky that the Halo franchise was handed off to a company that is full of die-hard Halo fans rather then Microsoft's cash-milking automatons =D=

[​IMG]

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Settles in at fav corner to wish in the New Year.....

Settles with good ole cup of [face_coffee]..

;)

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Welp, the ball dropped four minutes ago here so....

[​IMG]

greyjedi125 likes this.
  19. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Happy New Year everyone!!

Ktala likes this.
  20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    THANKS!! And happy new years to you too!! :D

21. RampaniLives

Dec 17, 2012
    Very true sir. I don't know if you follow the Halo book universe, but I'm also glad that the Forerunner Trilogy by Greg Bear is now finally starting to make sense. The books were complete rubbish without the context provided by Halo 4. I'm now actually looking forward to the final book in the trilogy. And, while I know many EU fans dislike her, I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the post Halo 3 trilogy by Karen Traviss.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  23. RampaniLives

Dec 17, 2012
    Hehe Ramza. Happy New Year! Yes, I'm still awake even though I'm on the East Coast :D

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well it's, what, 2:44 there? That's not even bed time! :p

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Rather than 'best strategy', it is a good standby in Hitman: Silent Asassin when you have been discovered - pull out the twin Silverballers and blow away everything in sight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.