main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter" (re-loaded), an old fanfic in a new coat

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Such anger. He needs anger management.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Aconite sure is nasty, just as his name suggests. Lucien to the rescue. Leaving us with a cliffie like this[face_devil]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    my twin brother Aconite spun around in his large office chair. He pressed his fingertips together to steeple under his chin. For almost twenty sun years, he had waited for his revenge on me. A hatred like that never died.

And that is very sad.

“I do not have the luxury of seeing this world through the Force. I see only the real world. You forced me to live on like this. I hate you.”

Excuse me while I roll my eyes at him.

Brothers [face_plain]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, if I do not show up for the game of Scrabble that I promised my mother, she will need anger management, but I could not resist popping in here with a new update & wishing everybody a happy new year. Starting with you, dear Misty! [:D]

One of my new year resolutions, shorter updates and more cliffies, just like you, sweet bird. :p

Anyway, the next update will be on the 6th January and then once per week in a weekend, unless it is a special holiday to celebrate.

Here now my first update for 2013:

Chapter 39: Bright eyes

[​IMG]

The high pressure chamber was made out of a lot of stainless steel. I shivered, remembering the luggage compartment. Instead of giving in to my blind panic, I told myself that Luçien would never leave me alone in the dark again. He would come for my rescue.

Aside from one of his guards, Aconite had brought nobody else along. He wanted to have as few witnesses as possible.

“Is this where all the fun begins?” I enquired, turning my head so as to have a glimpse into the inner tubular member of the high pressure chamber. I was on a wooden slab. The straps that I was bound with were very tight and my handcuffs were still on.

“I hate your attitude. Do you understand that you spoil everything?” My brother crossed his arms in front of him.

I grinned at him ruefully. “Luçien might share that sentiment. The few times he tortured me, he ended up more broken than I was.”

“I am not afraid of the Ambassador,” he said triumphantly. “Nor of the Brotherhood of Shadows.”

“Oh, you will be. You will be,” I ensured Aconite calmly. “Do not underestimate his power.”

“He is not at your rescue now, is he?” He towered above me. “Don´t try to frighten me with his sorcerer´s ways!”

I stared openly into the chiselled lines of his face. “It is all about timing.”

“You´re far too trusting.” Aconite threw his head back, laughing. “I assure you, we are quite safe from your lover.”

“Lucien would find thislack of faith disturbing.”

“I honestly could not care less, Grianán.” He kissed me on my left cheek. “Seeing you dead in here will make up for all the injustice that you did me. Good-bye, my sister.”

“I love you, too. And I forgive you.” There was no way of making him believe that, but I had to tell him anyway. It had always been the truth. “Even though you mean for me to die in the same unspeakable way as the Sea Elves, Chairman of the Human League.”

“You are a Seeker,” he consternated. “This is why Mother wanted you alive. To make up with Mórag.”

“Sad, but true.”

“I see. Now I understand why it had to be you who was heir. Well, Seekers are a plague; perhaps I even do your lover a favour here. A man in his position has much to keep secret.”

“Like you, who who fears the dark and has a painting of his foster-mother above his bed?”

“Good-bye, Grianán.” Aconite shoved the wood slab I was attached to into the high pressure chamber with full strength. “The only thing you can seek from now on is death. I will make it quick for you.”

The door closed behind me. I took a deep breath and started counting my heart beats.

One.

The light in the high pressure chamber went out.

Two.

“Oh, the things you do to get me alone.” Luçien lay on top of me, his blue eyes twin daggers. “To pretend that I am not angry with you, Grianán, would be a lie.”

I smiled into the darkness.

What if I could not have come for you?” Luçien asked. “I was busy with other important matters while you purposely annoyed that madman.”

There was faint, distant banging from the outside of a furious Aconite noticing that all the technical circuits failed. Even the opening mechanism of the door.

“You made such a nice declaration of love earlier, that I thought I would allow you to save me.”

Luçien kissed my hair line, sending pleasant shivers down my spine. His healing powers spread throughout my entire body. Every injury that Aconite had done to me vanished.

A weird sound startled me. Aconite must have taken something like a hammer and rammed it against the high pressure-chamber door.

“Forget that lunatic!” Luçien begged. “Please concentrate on the sound of my voice! Nothing can harm you now. I am here with you.”

I relaxed against him, burying my head in his robes. He smelled of sunlight, wild flowers and sea breeze, awakening happy childhood memories in me. The crayons he lent me; the harbour lunches. I was beginning to be used to his touch again.

He hummed curiously, “No flashbacks?”

“No. Not at present.” I smiled.

“Let us apparate out of here before Aconite finds a way to get in here. He is desperate enough to use his teeth.”

(To be continued!!!)

@DarthUncle, SWpants666, Lady_Misty, Tyranus230

5. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Love the lines from the movies, put in very well.

Very little is foolproof.

So they are safe for now.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes Lucien to the rescue.

Aconite is really nasty and messy

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Luçien would never leave me alone in the dark again. He would come for my rescue.
    Yeah. Sure. For once.​

“Seeing you dead in here will make up for all the injustice that you did me. Good-bye, my sister.”
    *rolls eyes* Moron :p

What if I could not have come for you?” Luçien asked. “I was busy with other important matters while you purposely annoyed that madman.”
    Hah! As if he wouldn't.

I was beginning to be used to his touch again.
    I'm glad she's truly healing.
    I'm also glad the updates will be once a weekend. I'm so busy that even short ones like this take me a bit too long to get through. :(

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005

She's being a bit mean, toying with her poor dangerously bad brother like that. I like it,as I do the Star Warsy banter in awkward situations :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear Misty, when I had the scene in my mind already, I could not help adding the dryness of Tarkin into it. [face_blush]

Well, sweet bird, guess who taught me. :p

And this, my beloved pants, is why you get something nice & short for Epiphany now. The next update is next weekend on Sunday again!

Now that it is 0:47 am let us banter a bit about going to bed on time, husband of mine. But well,... [face_whistling]

Parhelion sardonically lifted an eyebrow at us, when we materialized together in front of the altar. “Why is your bride handcuffed, Luçien?” he asked snobbishly. “Has she truly come here freely and without reservation to give herself into marriage?”

The voice of my soon-to-be husband resonated through the city temple with all its fierce strength. “Of course Grianán wants me. This was the doing of her twin brother.”

My handcuffs easily fell off when I used the Force on them. Manipulating small metal constructions was no problem for me; complex machinery was. The High Pressure Chamber had been a dangerous place for me.

Parhelion pressed his lips together for a moment. Then he stated, “You can still run away, Your Highness. My brother would get over it.”

I made a wheezing noise before answering with a low, conspiratorial voice, “Actually, he can be reasonable.”

“Care to give me some examples later on?” He raised an eyebrow, and something like amusement showed in his golden eyes. “For now, though, you must change. Your aunt Calothrix made you a wedding dress.”

“My aunt? A wedding dress?” I echoed, dumbfounded.

“There is also a washstand, lavender soap and a comb. You look like you need it.” He turned to Lucien and asked in an accusatory tone, “Brother, what were you thinking? Why is her clothing such a mess?”

I came to my fiancé´s rescue. “This is Aconite´s doing only. Luçien is always sweet and gentle with me.”

Parhelion gave me a hard look. “My sources tell me a different story. I have read all the crime scene reports of your abduction.”

“We are fine, Luçien and I. The thread of the dark side is over.”

A familiar hand took me by the shoulder and steered me towards the wooden door of a side chapel. “Take your time, my love,” Luçien said. “The guests will arrive in an hour. I would like to help you, but lore has it that it is unlucky for the groom to see the bride in her wedding dress before until she arrives at the ceremony.”

“Since when have you been superstitious?”

“Oh, with you I would not like to take any risks.” He opened the door for me. “You have dreamed long enough of this day. I will not have it spoiled by anybody or anything.”

The cloth of my wedding gown was marvellous. It was as thin as mist and glittered like the Force vortex. The dress itself fit perfectly. I was so grateful for Aunt Calothrix. I could not wait to see Luçien´s face when he saw me wearing it.

There was an envelope hidden in the bridal veil.

My dearest niece,

I wish that I could attend your wedding, but I do not want your uncle to murder you in front of the altar. You, of all people, know how he is. Blessed be a thousand times. I will keep you in my prayers.

With much love,
    Aunt Calothrix

I wiped away my tears with the back of my hand.

My hair was quite difficult to style, but I managed with the Force. I settled for an old traditional hair style that I had once seen in a fairy tale book.

When I was about to leave the side chapel, I noticed a vase with meadow flowers. A note had been stuck between them. I recognized Luçien´s handwriting immediately.

Of course I would not forget about the bridal bouquet, my love. Hurry up now. Aconite might have figured out by now where we are. And I have waited long enough for you to be my wife.
    Deeply in love, L.

I slid the note into my bra. Luçien could be so sweet at times. How could I have ever forgotten that?

I took the bouquet and opened the door.

I barely heard Luçien and Parhelion gasp. My head spun from the number of wedding guests. The entire temple was filled with Scatel and even a few Lidérc. This proved that the marriage had the consent of the Brotherhood of Shadows. I was the honoured bride of the Messiah.

I joined the two brothers in front of the altar.

Parhelion waited until I stood in front of him before saying in a full melodious volume, “Dearly beloved, we have come together to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony. The union of husband and wife in heart, body, and mind is intended by the Force for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort given one another in prosperity and adversity; and, when it is the Force´s will, for the procreation of children and their nurture in the knowledge and love of him. Therefore, marriage is not to be entered into inadvisably or lightly, but reverently, deliberately, and in accordance with the purposes for which it was instituted by the Force. Into this holy union Princess Grianán Arcānā Tjiehenet”, Parhelion said with a kind nod to me, before he looked at my groom, “And Comte Luçien Ankou now come to be joined. If any of you can show just cause why they may not lawfully be married, speak now; or else, forever hold your peace.”

I must have looked askance at this demand, because Luçien´s eyes were sprinkled with humour. “Any objections?” he whispered. “Now is the time, my love.”

“You wish!” I wrinkled my nose.

When nobody stepped forward, Parhelion raised his arms. “I require and charge you both, here in the presence of the Force, that if either of you know any reason why you should not be united in marriage lawfully you now confess it.”

I tried my best, but I could not think of any pressing reasons why I should not continue with my marriage plans.

“Grianán, will you have this man to be your husband; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, in sickness and in health, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?”

“I will!”

The full attention of Parhelion rested on the groom. “Luçien, will you have this woman to be your wife; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”

His smile was immense. “I will.”

Parhelion turned to the gathered congregation. “Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?”

Honest faces looked at us, and many strong voices said in unison, “We will.”

Excitement rose in me, and I felt my cheeks flush when a gloved hand took mine. I heard Luçien say, “In the Name of the Force, I, Luçien, take you, Grianán, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse; for richer or for poorer; in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow.”

My attention was fully on him. I opened my mouth to speak, but jumped when the folding doors of the temple were slammed open. Aconite had come with the entire city guard. Luçien’s shadow warriors crept towards the exits.

“I love you, Luçien, just as you are,” I said hurriedly, which earned me a punishing look from Parhelion.

“They want to melt down the doors with lasers!” One of the Lidérc wedding guests shouted.

“How dare they!” Parhelion busted out, shaking with anger.

“The ring?” Luçien reminded him with great ease.

“Give me your signature instead. Aconite is desperate enough to make us all upset.”

A city clerk, who had sat in the front row, quickly rose from the bench and strode towards us with a leathered book. He opened the document and offered us a fountain pen.

“You first, my wife!” Luçien said.

My hand flew over the paper. When I had finished, he took over.

“We will meet inside my star cruiser.” Parhelion breathed. “I trust you to find the way once you are finished at High Sea.”

“Of course, brother.” My husband nodded grimly, letting the wedding papers disappear into his sash.

(To be continued!)

And yes, I looked very closely at liturgical texts and changed a word here and there for the actual wedding ceremony. [face_idea]

And yes, there is also a Bridget Jones quote in this update. Could not help that either. O:)

@DarthUncle, SWpants666, Lady_Misty, earlybird-obi-wan, Tyranus230, Gkilkenny, Chilla, Shawnkyr

10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Talk about wedding crashers! And how rude!

I like the lines in the wedding ceremony. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Parhelion sardonically lifted an eyebrow at us, when we materialized together in front of the altar. “Why is your bride handcuffed, Luçien?” he asked snobbishly. “Has she truly come here freely and without reservation to give herself into marriage?”

Gri may think him snobbish, but it's a fair enough question. And it made me chuckle.

“Brother, what were you thinking? Why is her clothing such a mess?”

And now he's annoying :p

The entire temple was filled with Scatel and even a few Lidérc. This proved that the marriage had the consent of the Brotherhood of Shadows. I was the honoured bride of the Messiah.

:)

The ceremony and the vows were beautifully done.

I tried my best, but I could not think of any pressing reasons why I should not continue with my marriage plans.

[face_laugh]

My attention was fully on him. I opened my mouth to speak, but jumped when the folding doors of the temple were slammed open. Aconite had come with the entire city guard. Luçien’s shadow warriors crept towards the exits.

HIGHLY frustrating. Seconding Lady Misty - very rude!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Hi there!
    About time I came back, not sure how much I can get on to read, but great pics and action a plenty.

“I hate your attitude. Do you understand that you spoil everything?” My brother crossed his arms in front of him.
    I grinned at him ruefully. “Luçien might share that sentiment. The few times he tortured me, he ended up more broken than I was.”

“Oh, you will be. You will be,” I ensured Aconite calmly. “Do not underestimate his power.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely ceremony and words. yes united and now that pesky Aconite to deal with

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Perhaps you also like this painting that I did in between, dear Misty. I will use it for Lucien´s story though:

[​IMG]

If you look at my fanart you see who is crossing the way of our honey mooners next (weekend in the new update). But beware, dear bird. It is a sneak preview.

15. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    That was quite a surprise at the ceremony. Should be interesting to see what happens next.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I tell you on Friday, dear Ty. Today, I found out that my college still is not allowed to work properly so I have 23 lessons still, yeah! But I also need to compose 3 class tests and 3 period planners for the students. This week! But I just came home & could not resist looking in here!

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Now that it is Friday, I am going to tell you before I go to bed.

@Tyranus230, DarthUncle, SWpants666, Lady_Misty, earlybird-obi-wan, Gkilkenny

This time we materialized on a cutter in the middle of the ocean. A young man was waiting for us at the steering wheel. He had olive green features, black hair and a grin reaching from one ear to the other. His eyes were light brown. The prominent nose reminded me of Father.

“Luçien!” the youth called out. “You are getting better with that Force skill of yours. His Holiness was anxious that you would go for some deep sea diving again.”

My husband bore the teasing remarks with a new-won dignity. Almost jovial he shouted back, “Khion, you should not heed the words of a clergy man. They are full of exaggeration and bedazzlement.”

”You mistake them with politicians. Like yourself, huh, Luçien?” My cousin broke out into a carefree laughter running over to me and swinging me around. Marine life had strengthened his muscles.

“Oh Khion!” I cried out with joy.

“Dohajydh da! Fatla genes, Grianán?” he asked me in the melodious language of his mother Calothrix. Good afternoon! How are you, Grianán?

“Yn poynt da, meur rasta. Ha ty?” I answered cheerfully. I am fine. How are you?

Luçien gave us an amused look. “While you are busy teaching my wife how to fly like a sea gull, can I set course?”

“Sure!” Khion said. “Grianán and I have some catching up to do.”

I only hoped it was in Basic.

My aunt Calothrix had prepared supper for us, consisting of a koliva, a wheat and raisin dish traditionally used during a memorial service.

“Mother and I decided that we could not trust father about this sea cruise. Otherwise she would have come, too,” Khion confided to us after a glass of white wine.

“That bad?” Luçien asked politely.

“You have no idea. The older Father gets, the more radical he becomes. People disappear and are never seen again. Some of them even vanish from the market in plain sight of everybody. It is really frightening. It does not help that Aconite took over as new chairman. Together they are unstoppable.”

We finished our meal in silence.

The sea burial of my grandfather started at sun set. The sun beams spread like liquid copper over the horizon.

I sank my hands deep into the open urn. In the end, we were all dust in the wind.

Wistfully, I closed my right hand and brought the trapped contends towards my heart. His spirit was already reunited with family members in the other word. Now we would set his physical remains free.

Smiling to myself, I spoke the words that Éleos had pondered on so much in his youth.

”Emotion, yet peace.
    Ignorance, yet knowledge.
    Passion, yet serenity.
    Chaos, yet harmony.
    Death, yet the Force.”

I offered my husband the urn. It swayed a bit, but then his grip stabilized. He had many things to say, but he only managed, “I will miss you, old friend. Thank you for trusting me with your granddaughter.”

When it was my cousin´s turn the urn was half empty. Khion took two hands full of ashes, one for himself and one for his absent mother. “Hens diyogel,Narthex!” he said quietly. Bon voyage, Narthex!

The new chapter awaits you all next weekend!!!

18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Looks like there will be trouble.

19. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    “Grianán and I have some catching up to do.”

I only hoped it was in Basic.

*snerk*

I offered my husband the urn. It swayed a bit, but then his grip stabilized. He had many things to say, but he only managed, “I will miss you, old friend. Thank you for trusting me with your granddaughter.”

Ah. Redemption. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Safe for the moment but with you I expect trouble;) and cliffies

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Good work. I look forward to the next exciting moment.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    I had a longer reply, but it was lost when boards logged me out between my parents place and home, so: well done, nice way to get Narthex home in the end.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, let´s see, shall we? :D

We are getting there slowly, won´t we? After all the heartbreak with the members of the Solo/ Skywalker family, I wanted to do it differently. Of course grave mistakes were committed here, too, but after watching a BBC production today, called "A Dark-Adapted Eye" by Ruth Rendell, written under the nom-de-plume Barbara Vine, I think that things can even more bleak. Family members always have secrets among each other. Sometimes it is better to speak openly with one another. @};-

You taught me. [face_skull]

I hope that I can give you a lot of exciting moments, hon! [:D]

Thanks for finally having taken the time to read all that stuff and taking care of people with the flue.

Anyway, here is half of the next chapter for you. I did 1/2 instead of 1/4 this time, because I wanted to share my painting with you guys, showing Lucien & Khion together.

Anyway, this is for you, my dear loyal readers:

@SWpants666, earlybird-obi-wan, Lady_Misty, Tyranus230, DarthUncle, Chilla, Gkilkenny

Chapter 40: At high sea

After a long, reverent silence, Luçien set the empty urn down. Dark had begun to settle, but his uncertainty could not be covered by the coat of night. “It may not be appropriate, but have yet to finish our wedding rituals. This is a ship and Khion is the captain.”

I understood what he was implying. I put my hand in his. “This works for me.”

Luçien took put his veil aside and reached for his scimitar. “We will do this the Elfin way. Are you familiar with the ceremony that the Sleah Maith do?”

I nodded. “The enhanced version of hand-fasting.”

“Precisely.” His scimitar moved, cutting us both lightly on our wrists.

I could not help shivering, even though I expected it.

“Grianán, I am bleeding as much as you do. I am hurting as much as you are. I am as uncertain as you are. We are in this together now, as husband and wife.”

Once more I nodded, still tense, but with a dim smile on my lips.

Luçien spoke all the words in Basic, while pressing his wound against mine.

“I vow you the first cut of my meat, the first sip of my wine, from this day it shall only be your name I cry out in the night and into your eyes that I smile each morning; I shall be a shield for you back as you are for mine, no shall a grievous word be spoken about us, for our marriage is sacred between us and no stranger shall hear my grievance. Above and beyond this, I will cherish and honour you through this life and into the next.”

When it was my turn, I opted for a different wedding vow of the Elfin culture. It was essential for me that my husband honoured it. I loved him with all my heart, but he was not to rule my life with an iron hand.

“You are blood of my blood, and bone of my bone.
    I give you my body, that we two might be one.
    I give you my spirit, until our life shall be done.
    You cannot possess me for I belong to myself
    But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give
    You cannot command me, for I am a free person
    But I shall serve you in those ways you require
    and the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand.”

Luçien smiled, his teeth white in the moonlight. He directed my wrist to his lips and sucked powerfully. It was a strange sensation. After ten heartbeats, he stopped and looked at me expectantly.

“Must I?” I said hesitantly.

The back of his hand moved over my mouth gently. “For this to be valid, yes.”

When I was finished drinking some his blood, I made a face. “Your people had to add that barbarian part to it, didn’t they?”

The amusement in his eyes almost annoyed me. “We Lidérc are a race of warriors, Grianán. To forge a blood bond with one's partner is as essential as having brothers in arms.”

“Is that how you and the Brotherhood of Shadows do it?”

“That is not for you to know.”

Khion moved closer to us. He had held himself politely in the background until now. “With the authority that is given to me as the captain of the Aurora, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

My body was aching with desire. It almost hurt.

Luçien healed both of our wounds, mine first. Then he placed a chaste kiss on my nose tip. “Get some sleep, Grianán. There will be many surprises for you tomorrow.”

“What about you?” I was sure my disappointment was evident.

My husband reached out a hand to brush my flaming cheeks. “Grianán, you need your rest after all your recent adventures. You will have your own bunk tonight. If you have any nightmares I will be at your side immediately and fight them off for you.”

“It is our wedding night!” I protested.

There was deep sadness in his eyes. “Yes, it is, but you are not physically ready for it yet. The healer in me can see that. Sleep well, my love! If you really need me, please do not hesitate to call out for me.”

Once I had slammed the cabin door behind me, I curled up on my bed. Something soft and fluffy was between the pillow and me. I sat up to see what it was.

“Bertha!” I called out, overwhelmed with joy.

“I had her all these years,” Luçien said through the door, “Can you forgive me for keeping her prisoner at the lodge as well?”

I cried tears of joy. It was the best wedding present he could give me. “You are forgiven,” I got out.

“May I humbly take my leave of you now?”

“You are dismissed,” I beamed.

As I nodded off, I heard my husband and my cousin playing cards next door. They were enjoying themselves, and I smiled wider.

It was a breathtaking sight to witness the sun rise from the middle of the ocean. Luçien must have had the same thought. When I came on deck, he already stood at star board, his hands clasped behind his back. He was only dressed in his breeches and his high, elegant leather boots. Light danced around his slender silhouette. It seemed as he gave birth to a new day.

He turned towards me with a smile. “Care to join me? Your presence is soothing.”

Even though I could not return this compliment to him, it made me happy to hear. He held out his left hand, his fingers dancing in the soft colours of dawn. I took it. Very, very gently, he squeezed my hand. “I trust you slept well?” he asked.

“I’d have slept better with my arms around you instead of Bertha. Do I need to beg you?” I spoke ruefully, not taking his hand.

He turned around slowly, but did not answer at once. “Your father ensured me that you were the only one of his daughters who was not into courtship. I find that hard to believe.”

I glared at him. “Listen carefully, I am nothing like Daná.”

“I never said you were.” He took hold of one of my shoulders and pulled me closer, so my forehead ended up resting against his throat. “Patience is a virtue, Grianán. You taught me that. Parhelion raised a lot of charges against me. He even wanted a medical test for you before he agreed on our marriage. Your maidenhood was in question.”

“What?” I asked, incredulously.

“Outrageous, I know.” Luçien began to stroke my hair gently.

“You went for my soul, not my body.”

“Most people in this sun system still believe it was a traditional Lidérc wedding kidnapping.”

“Even I wish it would have been,” I muttered. “Then it would have been like one of the stories I love.”

He laughed gently. “Steamy romances can be misleading, my love.”

“I noticed,” I smirked.

“Let us wait another three days until the situation at Polysýndeton has cooled off. Then Bertha, you and I will join Parhelion on his journey to Draconis.”

[​IMG]

Leaving my cousin Khion was not easy. I had grown fond of him during our stay. His light tunic was sprinkled with my tears.

“Dha weles skon,” he promised. “See you soon. Father cannot stop me. Even if I need to have to travel a detour over Sapuhru, I will come and visit you, Grianán.”

“Can you greet your mother for me?”

“Of course. I will give her all your love the next time I see her.”

With this promise given, Luçien wrapped his arms around me. The sleeves of his desert robes fluttered in the stiff sea breeze.

Hold on, Grianán. Here we go!”

We appeared straight in the passenger lounge of Parhelion´s private star ferry.

It was about time,” the powerful Force bender said. “Aconite would not dare to sign a search warrant for my ship, but there is a lot of security personnel around. We better leave quickly.”

Luçien gave his older half-brother a thoughtful look. “Was it very difficult for you to get a flight clearance?”

Agathos and Narthex are very much loved. I was able to convince authorities that I want to hold a funeral service for them at Dún Barr.”

(To be continued!!!)

PS: The two wedding vows are slight alterations of ancient Scottish wedding vows.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a beautiful wedding ceremony and at sea[face_dancing] I love how they are together now and have escaped Aconite

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Very sweet!

In the past I have chosen words from other languages for names of other races that I have made up. Usually it says something about them. Kieru is Japanese for vanish and the race can become invisible. Sklaven is German for slave or slavery; that race enslaves but in turn they are slaves because they have to rely on others to do things for them 98% of the time.

But Lucien seems to have turned around but he could easily slip again.

AzureAngel2 likes this.