main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Shadow of Malevolence:

Targeting a medical frigate is such an ***holish move that I actually got angry at the Separatists, as opposed to pulling for the Republic because we're supposed to be on their side. There have been a few more moments like this in the series and a few more in the related books but they don't come often.

I like seeing Anakin in charge of a mission, Anakin inspiring confidence in the clones, Anakin using knowledge he had prior to coming to the Temple--the reference to eavesdropping on the pilots when he was still on Tatooine and learning of the old smuggler's route, although apparently the spacers left out the full story. I liked seeing Anakin's more reckless side contrasted with Obi-Wan's cautious side.

Nice Battle of Yavin references all around. I liked that the Naboo sent the fighters to assist as well.

Plo seemed a bit shoehorned in but his role did end up working nicely with him tag-teaming off Anakin at the end.

The biggest downside in this episode: For the love of all that is holy, Ahsoka, Shut. The. ****. Up. I don't remember being this annoyed with her in that episode when it first premiered several years ago but upon re-watch tonight, I wanted to take a shot of something very intoxicating every time she opened her mouth. Between several "Artooey"s, questioning everything Anakin or Plo said, the peanut gallery in the back of the Anakin's fighter, and the demand for recognition at the end (to which Anakin and Plo's rebuff was hilarious)...I'd make "take a shot every time Ahsoka does something annoying" into a drinking game but my liver just curled into a fetal position at the thought.

Ah, those creatures that Anakin apparently didn't know about... "He looks hungry." "No, he's just smiling at you." LOL, you're annoyed too, aren't you Anakin?

To "Does anyone care what the Padawan thinks?" I actually said "No!" out loud, and the cat on my lap looked at me like I had lost my mind.

8/10, only docking two points for Padawan Motormouth, the rest of the episode I thoroughly enjoyed.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Anakin in the Malevolence arc was the Anakin Skywalker I was looking for.

Ahsoka turning toward Anakin to run her mouth in the middle of a battle while she's supposed to be shooting Vulture droids was......special.

I was waiting for Anakin to retort "Hey, while you were critiquing my flying an entire squadron of Vulture droids just strafed us. Try shooting back."

3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Tonight, I'm watching the Boba trilogy from S2. The cadets are a mix of Daniel Logan and DBB. I figure Daniel Logan can't be the voice of Boba forever, bcuz the character eventually sounds like Temeura Morrison. I hope TCW hires TM to voice Boba, when he finally earns the suit.

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Daniel Logan voiced him in that arc? I never would have guessed that. I didn't think he really sounded like Boba from AOTC. :confused:

5. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Puberty. I love when they get the saga actors to reprise their roles in the show, like Jackson and Lee in the movie or August and Neeson on Mortis.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    This did make me laugh just imagining you yelling at the screen and your cat's reaction.

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Right, It's only been 10 years. :oops:

Qui-Gon on Mortis sounded exactly like I remember Qui-Gon in TPM. Jackson and Lee sounded different. Not so much their voices, they just seemed emotionless/flat, like they didn't want to be there recorded their sessions without playing off the rest of the cast.

8. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    So I finally got around to picking up the Season 4 blu-ray.

Water War

I quit watching this arc after the first episode. The prince's character was even more grating then I remembered, and aside from the initial cool-factor of it taking place underwater it failed to connect with me.

Darkness on Umbara

This one feels like Landing at Point Rain 2.0, but in a good way! Spectacular animation, great clone-centric action, and the introduction of Krell - I really can't find any major flaws.

The General

I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as darkness on umbara, but it did serve the purpose of solidifying Krell's character and introducing the new Umbaran tech. Could have done without the maniacal laughing when they were flying the starfighters.

Plan of Dissent

I'm coming to realize that these four parters work so much better when you watch them in one go. Plan of Dissent is another solid episode - though I wish we could have seen more of the space battle and Hardcase's death seemed a little too reminiscent of Hevy's.

Carnage of Krell

What an apt title - the clone death count in this one was massive. Pitting the clones against each other was a interesting, albeit depressing twist. "It's Treason Then" - YES WE GET IT THIS IS STAR WARS YOU SAID THE THING THAT WAS IN THAT STAR WARS 3 MOVIE YOU DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO RIP OUT QUOTES WHOLESALE WARGABLAE.

The callback to the plant monster in Darkness on Umbara was a neat way to take Krell down. I do wish there had been a bit more closure at the end though. I really would have liked to see what the reaction of the Jedi would be.

So I enjoyed the arc a whole lot more this time around. Next up - A Friend in Need.

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Well I guess the world didn't end :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Congrats on purchasing the S4 blu-ray Convor. I have enjoyed my copy alot. I agree the four part arcs are way better in one go. Umbara is like a war film watched straight through and the Rako Hardeen arc really does have to be watched all together to appreciate it, IMO. I really enjoyed rewatching the slaver arc and the finale as well. Not to mention how great the animation looks. I put TCW season 4 up there as one of the blu-rays to own if you whanna show off your HDTV's quality.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  11. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Robimus Not in this physical plane anyway. [face_whistling]

Seerow Thanks! I'm really looking forward to seeing Carlac in 1080p 2.35.1 =P~

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have not bought Season 4 yet and plan to do so within the next week--is the Blu-Ray worth the extra price? I have the other seasons on DVD.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly if you don't care about the picture being top notch then probably not. The special features are a bust.

Convor, not my favorite on season 4 but I will give it a spin myself soon.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    DVD it is then. I care about the picture quality but not $10 worth of care.

I've had my Blu-Ray player for a year and there isn't much I own on Blu-Ray; I stream quite a bit through it though.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My PS3 mainly serves as either blu-ray or my anime box these days.

16. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Watching Kidnapped. Darts D'nar has the coolest voice and lines! He growls everything, I love it. "You vould fight me?" "Jedi feelth!" "Hungry, my pet?"

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Destroy Malevolence:

Ahsoka was much less annoying in this episode. Good interaction with Plo, Yularen and Luminara.

Another good contrast between Anakin's style of jumping in first and asking questions later, and Obi-Wan's more cautious methods; Anakin planning to go in through the emergency airlocks, "hope they don't spot us" and no, I don't need a backup plan, this will work. And it did, eventually.

Nice to see Obi-Wan kicking ass against Grievous and multiple battle droids, at the same time. I feel like I'm watching such a scenario for the last time since he gets pwned so easily later.

Padme: "the Banking Clan wants to negotiate a treaty and says to go to these coordinates?" Are you really that naive? Could you not go to Yoda and ask if you can use that giant holographic map of his, locate the coordinates, and then maybe, as a Senator on the Republic Security Committee, get some intel on what the **** is going on at those coordinates before flying straight there with a prissy motormouth droid?

That said, she fought back and fought back well when she got there, a more badass Padme with a blaster in hand is one of my favorite aspects of Padme. And her taking the guns in the Twilight after Anakin told Obi-Wan to STFU and shoot back...great moment.

'Shipper moment here: I loved the Anakin/Padme moments. When I first watched this show, my first thought when Anakin says "Oh the things you do to get me alone..." was, Wait a minute, that isn't Anakin. Anakin would say something awkward and dumb. But...hey, nice change, and to me Anakin's smartass side is always a good thing. "Stop. Talking." Get 'em Padme. Oh, and Anakin, you know you're in a secret relationship, kiss her while you're still hidden in that corridor, before Obi-Wan can interrupt you.

Again, that said...when they were in the Twilight and Anakin asked her if she was done with housecleaning, I half-expected him to tell her to make him a sammich. Epic fail, Anakin, epic fail.

The ending, Anakin programming the Malevolence to fly into a moon. Priceless.

The downside: the battle droid "humor" could not have been more awful if they had handed the script off to Elmo and Mr. Noodle. [face_beatup] There were a few other monumentally bad lines in there as well, the reference to spinning being a "good trick" being one of them--nice seeing it in action with the Twilight, but yeah, don't discuss it anymore.

8/10

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I thought crashing the Malevolence into a moon was a nice choice by the writers, it's avoids the sudden BOOOOOM explosion into atoms of the Death Stars, but at the same time it's very similar to the Executor crashing into the second Death Star, with the first one being mistaken for a "small moon".

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Battle droid "humor" is such a mood-killer. Definitely one of my most hated ongoing faults with the series.

20. Ziro the Butt

Ziro the Butt Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    Let's discuss all the ones with Ziro.

21. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I liked his character. Its a shame he wasn't used more. And considering his big tummy-tat, I'm surprised the show waited so long to feature Black Sun. Was he a vigo? And isn't Black Sun a rival crime family?

22. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Felucia at the end of Season 3 is beautiful.

Blu-Ray's great for the extra visual performance, but the special features aren't extensive though. If price difference is too extensive, I'd stick with the DVDs.

Seerow likes this.
  23. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I really want to see them try to top the look of the S3 finale duology; it had such great detail and design.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think Padawan Lost/Wookiee Hunt had some of the most impressive and immersive environments of the whole series. It's really complex but very easy to buy into.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The jungles the the Padawan duo are very beautiful.