main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit "Kodak Moments" of the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Dec 25, 2012.

1. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Luke wailing on Jacen. I can see the fight perfectly in my head. Luke takes some serious hits but he practically knocks Jacen around the torture chamber. It either says something really bad about Jacen's dueling abilities or something really good about Luke's sheer power. Maybe both.

2. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    LOTF called Jacen the greatest duelist in the galaxy, next to Luke. That seems like a stretch to me, but then again he was the grandson of Anakin Skywalker. I guess that potential could trickle down through the generations.

3. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    You mean Jacen called himself the greatest duelist in the galaxy?

4. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    The scene where Abeloth just decimates the Lost Tribe's city is the most recent one I've read that I visualized pretty well. Just picturing Abeloth in all her fury, ripping the place to shreds is pretty dramatic.

Silas Allender likes this.
  5. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Didn't we get a picture of that fairly recently :confused: Though I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for in a shot of that scene.

For me, I'd want to see the surrender of the Yuuzhan Vong. Nas Choka walking up to all the GA leaders; that would be sweet.

6. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    I didnt think of this for my first post, but another scene that really sticks out is the duel between Luke and Vestara/Lady Rhea in Abyss when they are in the turbolift.

JackG and Silas Allender like this.
  7. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    You mean the slaughter of Lady Rhea? ;)

8. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
  9. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Jacen glowing against Onimi and Palpatine´s yellow eyes while he´s killing the Grans (in Darth Plagueis)

10. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    Though some people apparently think its goofy, one of my favourites would have to be the scene in X-Wing when the Lusankya lifting off from Coruscant. The idea of it all is just so brutal. You can just hear the scraping and ripping of the decades-old superstructure of the city being torn apart by the shear power of a Super Star Destroyer reading it.

Vialco and Reaper63 like this.
  11. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Pretty much all of Star By Star felt like a Kodak moment to me. Whether it was Coruscant burning, the strike team fighting for their survival, the huge battle or the agony of Leia and Han after the loss of Anakin almost every page seemed to be a scene in my head from a film. It's probably why it's the NJO novel I've re-read the most. It may have helped that the first time I read it I was stuck on a coach for eleven hours so there was nothing at all to distract me from just fully immersing myself in it and getting lost in the pages.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Dyne's death in Labyrinth of Evil and the murder of the Trade Federation Directorate in Cloak of Deception stand out for me, too.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. Ink.Knight

Ink.Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Jacen/Caedus' death. I can just see the expression on his face when he stopped fighting, when he gave up his chance to win in order to warn Tenel Ka. Though apparently it doesn't count in canon, I see that as a sort of redemption for him. Or maybe just Jacen peering through that last crack in Caedus.

The other is much happier. Just the YJK crew sprawled on the stepped tiers of the Temple on Yavin. Tenel Ka polishing her armor or sharpening her knife or something with Jacen coaxing some small creature out of the shadows nearby. Jaina and Zekk seated together while tinkering with something or other and Lowie leaning over to help them.

Jedi_Glover and Point Given like this.
  14. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Lando flirting with Mara Jade. Mara married Luke but Lando beat Luke at hooking up with her first.

Landostrip and Barriss_Coffee like this.