main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "Sith Lords are our specialty." Wait, what?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by BigAl6ft6, Jan 1, 2013.

?

"Sith Lords are our specialty."

1. He was trying to put on a brave face for Palpy / psyche out Dooku

45 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Damn straight Sith Lords are their speciality!

40 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So in walks Dooku and he's all scary and dressed in black and stuff and Palpy tells Anakin and Obi-Wan to run away and get help (aside: why did he do that? If they did take his word and up and bail how does that help Sidous' Take Over The Galaxy Grand Scheme?) and then Obi-Wan turns to Palpy and says "Chancellor, Sith Lords are our specialty". As far as I can reckon, Obi-Wan pulled out a fake-out to take out Maul and Dooku basically handed it to both of them repeatedly and hard until Yoda came in and saved their butts. So where is this "Sith Lords are our specialty" thing coming from?!

2. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Perhaps Obi-Wan was being a little arrogant. Then again, perhaps he was trying to put on a brave face. Some have suggested that due to his success against Darth Maul, Obi-Wan's solutions in dealing with the Sith tend to be openly aggressive. Mind you . . . that is merely a theory.

syferdiasisalie likes this.
  3. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    he's a chef..

sith lords are a delecasy on some planets

4. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I never liked that scene very much...I mean of course the Sith are your speciality...just look at your Order's history, and the fact that during this whole Clone Wars conflict, Jedi have had to deal with a lotta Sith...

5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Sith Lords are their speciality. You know, like a fatality or friendship on Mortal Kombat: if you make the right moves, you can summon a Sith Lord who'll kill every Jedi in the temple.

6. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    It's a self-esteem thing. He's still riding on his Darth Maul fight twenty years after the fact because it's the only unambiguous victory he's had in his life. "I've killed a Sith Lord once you know!"

I can't even imagine how eager he was to brag about taking down Grievous, and make a point not to mention the dangling over an edge part.

7. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    I think it's one of those fill in the blank history moments. We've only witnessed in the films Obi-Wan's take down of one Sith, Darth Maul, while there was a less than successful duel with another, Count Dooku. But considering the Sith are so limited in number in comparison to the Jedi, Obi-Wan and Anakin are actually the most experienced out of all of the Jedi in terms of confronting a Sith and surviving it. So, you could see them as specialized in combat against Sith Lords.

8. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I wonder if Kenobi would have reacted with such confidence had he been facing Dooku alone? I think not

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Considering that Obi was completely outclassed on Geonosis to the point that Dooku was toying with him, and their second battle ended with Obi being tossed against a wall.......

10. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    At that point, Obi-Wan is the only living Jedi who's killed a Sith. He and Anakin had also taken on Dooku before, albeit unsuccessfully. Aside from Yoda, no one is better qualified to deal with him.

11. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    Well Kenobi was a negotiator, mabye Sith were easy targets when it came to union contracts? [face_dunno].

12. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    I would say:
    1. The Jedi and the Sith have a very long history
    2. Obi-Wan killed Darth Maul (as NaTaLie pointed out)
    3. He was trying to reassure Palpatine and stop him from panicking
    4. Obi-Wan has an unusual sense of humour!

13. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I always felt Obi-Wan was calming Anakin with that line. Anakin presumably still feared Dooku from their duel in AOTC, and Obi-Wan was putting on a facade of confidence to keep Anakin calmed and focused.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  14. leehashbrown

leehashbrown Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2012
    I think he's just making a small joke. Obi-Wan seems to be in the habit of throwing in funny comments in very serious situations.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Just a bit of levity, a bit of bravado. No need to dig deeper.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Obi-Wan is great in the prequels! He's such a smart ass sometimes and I love that about him.

17. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I don't recall noticing any fear in Anakin . . . just fake fear in Palpatine.

kainee likes this.
  18. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Dooku took Anakin's arm. He bound to be afraid of confronting him again

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wrath, rather than fear, seemed to be the order of the day. At least in the novelization, Anakin was fairly confident.

20. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Not anymore lol.

Darkslayer, Sitara and V-2 like this.
  21. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Indeed. If Maul had lived for another 20+ years, things would've gone much better for the galaxy.

Sitara likes this.
  22. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Good thing he took out Grievous with a blaster, otherwise he'd just show up at Luke's door one day and punch him in the stomach.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Dooku seemed to have Obi Wan's number for whatever reason. I think Mace could have handled the Count in addition to Yoda and Anakin. Kenobi though? No its been shown onscreen twice that that is no contest

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    13 years.

25. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Special-i-ty or specialty?
    Alumin-i-um or aluminum?
    Potato or potato?

Random Comments likes this.