main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The End of TCW is revealed

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Samayel_, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Seerow likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Real twitter posts? That's a mix of stuff. Excitement, fear, depression. I agree it doesn't sound like TCW will end any time soon and I think we'll get another 3 seasons atleast out of it. Interesting to hear it may transition to something else.

But ROTS?

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    But... but...

:_|

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It seems that the show will continue beyond RotS, perhaps dealing with Ahsoka's fate after Order 66's initial execution. I really hope they don't re-do the battle of Coruscant.

fistofan1 and Samayel_ like this.
  5. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Since they will most likely have finished animating the first 20 episodes of season 7 by the end of the s6 production (due to them producing 26 episodes each year and airing 22), it makes sense that if they are writing the end (or whatever) now, its s8 they are talking about. If true, then we are only a little bit past the halfway point in the shows run(another 77 episodes left including the second half of s5), that’s a nice comfort.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Seconded. This is dangerous territory.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Someone take the twitter away from Brent Friedman!

Seerow likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Friedman probably leaked this info on purpose to tease us. Its like how every time a new iPhone is revealed somebody stole a prototype. Apple lets it happen.

Barriss_Coffee and rumblewagon like this.
  9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm fine/happy that they are finally getting out of the Clone Wars era, not particularly happy at the prospect that it's going to follow the continuing adventures of Ahsoka (but really, who else would the main character be?)

As for running concurrently with the films/showing the Battle of Coruscant, etc. I'm OK with it, though I hope they have enough sense to show a different perspective on it. I.E. DON'T. DON'T. DON'T. DON'T. show Anakin/Obi-Wan boarding the Invisible Hand, etc. Instead follow a character like Rex or Yularen, etc. That could have been doing something off screen in ROTS and maybe we just hear little references to the events of the films, but DON'T re-animate them. For instance, we could hear a bridge officer report to Yularen that they have received confirmation that Palpatine is unaccounted for. Or we can hear that Anakin and Obi-Wan managed to break through the enemy formation and board the Invisible Hand.

Maybe the Resolute is the Star Destroyer that cripples the Invisible Hand and/or the ship we see first in ROTS.

There are ways to tie it in to ROTS and show the same events from a different perspective. But DON'T decide to re-imagine events from the film. And when it comes to the capture of Palpatine, I'd prefer they don't show that either, but I'd like to see the preceding exchange between Sidious and Dooku, where they are plotting it, because I'd like them to work out what exactly Dooku hopes to achieve from this.

kainee, Dark Lord Tarkas and Seerow like this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm really hoping something running concurrent to ROTS which is not what I predicted would follow alternate adventures and other things going on at the time. I guess its okay to see a couple things here and there through a different perspective but I'd rather see some alternate adventures of what was going on away from evens in the movie. Ahsoka and Rex would be find to follow on those alternate adventures. I really hope Ahsoka is out by the Dark Times. Another rebrand there should follow an entirely new cast IMO.

11. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well I'm pleased it sounds like this show will run for quite a few more seasons! :) Perhaps even past the release of Episode VII! Lets just hope Disney allow them to do what they are doing and not change anything.

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Not hugely surprised by this.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If they just sat down then that would mean that the end will not come at least after season 8.
    When the Season Four Premiere aired, Chris Taylor said that the TCW crew were in middle of writing Season Six.
    So yeah, if they are just sitting to discuss the end now, that means that 2-3 seasons are already done per say/

Seerow likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It means we got 3 more years to argue about Rex, bro! Cheers to that.

15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    From the impression I get they sat down in 2012 at some point to plan the end of TCW, so at a guess I'd say Season 8 would be the last.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They're really pushing Star Wars out there. This show will keep going, then Detours, then Episode VII-XI + if they do any spinoffs.

My hopes for an Old Republic or New Republic show have been dashed for the foreseeable future, unless they decide to make yet another show to run simultaneously with TCW.

Dawn of the Jedi, Knights of the Old Republic, and Legacy all hold a certain appeal to me, because they are like going back and watching A New Hope for the first time. I can pick up Dawn of the Jedi open it and come across a completely new set of characters and have to learn their names, etc. I don't have a clue as to who anyone is, just as I didn't when I watched Star Wars for the very first time. With TCW it's just the random adventures of characters we already know (with several new ones) sandwiched between two movies that had been released 6 and 3 years earlier. The prequels provided the backstory for characters we already knew (unless you grew up with the prequels). VII-XI I suspect will have Luke and Leia and perhaps other characters we already know.

I'm still craving for something completely new in regards to film or television. KOTOR is perhaps my favorite Star Wars video game, and when I popped it in for the first time, I had no idea who anyone was. It had to go through the same process that ANH did in introducing the characters and setting me off on an adventure. Not the continuing miscellaneous adventures of people we already know.

I figure that it's pretty much certain that if TCW transitions into the Dark Times, that Ahsoka will be the glue that binds both iterations together and will continue to be a main character. Though part of me wants to cling to the hope that by the time TCW "ends" they will introduce an all new character and pass the torch onto him/her into the "new" series.

The prequels are about Anakin. The OT is about Anakin's kids. The gap in between is going to be about Anakin's apprentice? Anakin need not be the center of the Star Wars universe around which every other character rotates.

Garth Maul likes this.
  17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Not surprised but not really happy either about it.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

Valairy Scot likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Not happy I called this.

Dark Times Animated Version, is on its way... and this is not good news.

(Laugh at my sig now, fuzzballs... but we are closer to that being reality than ever before)
    :p

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

cdgodin likes this.
  20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I love the enthusiasm, my friend! Rex is cool and give us food for discussions. Cheers to 3-4 more years of TCW...

I hope more for 9 seasons. The reason is that SW usually is packed in packs of 3. Two trilogies.
    Even in TCW I can see packing in 3. The first group is Seasons 1, 2, 3 that clearly ended with changes to the models of Anakin and Ahsoka and Obi-Wan.

The second group of 3 - Seasons 4, 5 and 6 - begins with the introduction of the Phase II clones.

The third group would be the Outer Rim Sieges IMO. I know it is all speculations from me, but it does not feel outlandish.

It is a good thing to put out SW like this...

Seerow likes this.
  21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    As if a million SW fans inhaled to cry out in terror, and then slowly shrugged their shoulders, exhaled and moved on.

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It would not be called the Dark Times Animated version.
    It would be called: Padawan Diaries: No salons in the Outer Rim! OMG!

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome news, more seasons to come woo

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My vision is becoming reality...

Tano doesn't die in TCW, Maul was resurrected for something bigger than a cartoon and episodes 7-9 are in need of familiar new-school Jedi and a real Sith. What I'm not sure of with Maul's survival is if that means no Lumiya in the sequel trilogy.

Garth Maul likes this.
  25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Padawan Diaries is pretty awesome

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.