main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Favourite Harry Potter Film?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Dec 31, 2012.

?

Favourite Harry Potter Film

1. Philosopher's Stone

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. Chamber of Secrets

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Prisoner of Azkaban

25 vote(s)
    52.1%
  4. Goblet of Fire

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. Order of the Phoenix

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Half-Blood Prince

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  7. Deathly Hallows Part 1

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  8. Deathly Hallows Part 2

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    No.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Stories about the Marauder's Years at school would be good as long as Rowling sticks to the details of the Maruader's in the Harry Potter books and doesn't make Snape to be a saint and James a complete prat.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The first two, because they were the most faithful to the books and had Richard Harris as Dumbledore.

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Richard Harris was the better Dumbledore alright

5. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I want to say POA, but as it mostly excised the Marauders story, which was my favourite part of the book and the thing that made me fall in love with Harry Potter to begin with, I've never liked the film as much as I probably should.

6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I have a feeling that James and Sirius would be more like Gred and Forge. :p

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I just fear that James and Sirius won't get redeemed like Snape did. Snape was the bad guy through out and we got sympathetic to him in OOTP while we started off liking James and Sirius but saw how bad they got in 5th year. Snape was redeemed in DH but James and Sirius were not. James and Sirius were pranksters but will they get their fair share?

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    agreed, Michael Gambon looked to grumpy for Dumbledore

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    He wasn't colourful enough I thought, and the beard band annoyed me.

He's a good actor, but he was too unlike Harris' Dumbledore

10. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I think both of them were miscast - even if Harris didn't die, I don't think he'd suit the energetic, powerful, action-y Dumbledore of the later books. I always found his portrayal to be too passive.

My ideal Dumbledore would've been Stephen Fry (yeah, a bit young, but nothing good makeup couldn't fix).

Everton likes this.
  11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
  12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Fry would have been cool. He has the eccentricity yet also the the knowing look and older wiser person would have.

[​IMG]

My only problem is that I don't think he's much of a serious actor (at least from what I've seen of him). It takes more to be Dumbledore than campness, silly outfits and wry humour.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't know what ****ing books you read (Umbridge a Death Eater? Seriously?) but being a bully in high school does not = "bad guy." God forbid our heroes have flaws.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ian McKellan should have played Dumbledore

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe Umbridge wasn't a Death Eater but was willing to go along with it in DH. Close enough in my book. Besides if she could I'm sure she would. Not that I'm surprised she did what she did.
    Obviously everyone has flaws but pray tell how do James and Sirius get redeemed post Snapes Worst Memory? It would appear Snape was justified in the belief James treated him like dirt. Never mind that Snape was James Potter reincarnated age 15 while Snape was 35. He hated the son of a man that Snape got killed. Where is James' side of the story? It seems everyone is more sympathetic to Snape's story than James. Do we know how James matured and ended up with Lily? No we don't. Did Harry find out? Don't know. We got Snape's story and now everyone forgave him. Even though this whole bloody mess was his fault. He got off lightly while the Maruaders went through hell. James is dead, Sirius was in Azkaban, Peter hid as a rat for 12 years and Remus can't even get a job and thought he was the only one left. What about Snape? Was a teacher at Hogwarts for years and bullied the students like he got bullied. Not that sympathetic imo.

16. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    That would be one Gandalf/Dumbledore parallel too much.

And it's spelled McKellen.

17. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm pretty sure that with James, at least for me, I just kind of detested the guy throughout all the books. I was aware that he'd obviously mature since his friends did, but I still disliked him because he sounded like a ******. And since karma already got him, I considered that a closed storyline. No need to know more.

18. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    My 3 faves are:
    Prince of Azkaban
    Chamber of Goblets
    Half-Blood Prisoner

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  19. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    To be honest, I don't think there's an actor (or at least, a famous face) who could do Dumbledore exactly right, but I agree that Stephen Fry would've been a great take on him. There's probably someone, somewhere, who could nail Dumbledore, but he might be working in an office somewhere, or diving for deep sea treasure, or retired on a vineyard in the south of France - his true calling forever a mystery to him. :p

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Dylan Saunders in A Very Potter Musical and Sequel did a great Dumbledore

21. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Frye would have been all wrong. I agree with the above. McKellan would have been best.

Darth Vader likes this.
  22. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    I'll lend my support to Rickman, who is always the best thing about each film, no matter how little you get of him. All said and done it's a terrific performance both dramatically and comically, stretched over 8 films. Fair effort.

I'll also say that I think Gambon is really terrific as Dumbledore. He has the weirdness required, and might not necessarily be the character Rowling committed to paper, but you completely buy into what he's selling. And his performance is a big part of why I like the HBP film so much.

23. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    goblet of fire because of all the teen angst stuff
    prisoner of azkaban because of the director
    one of the deathly hallows, the one where they were on the run and hiding in the desert

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Most of the characters were well-cast. That's the biggest thing the films did right. But Radcliffe was rather weak even as he aged and the other two got better (like I said, I didn't see HBP or DH) and I didn't like either Harris or Gambon. The latter definitely seemed more at home playing a Scrooge character on Doctor Who. EDIT: My most vivid memory from seeing PoA in theaters was my brother whining about how much he hated Gambon. He still does impressions if you talk to him about it.

25. Eeth-my-Koth

May 25, 2001
    Radcliffe was a dullard who came across way too whiny and bratty.