main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Posting personal problems on a SW forum seems like a legit thing to do..

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wasn't the internet made for complaining?

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I had to look this up. I'm as flummoxed as I was after watching that anime video yesterday. This seems to be a daily ritual with LACWAC: post something that defies a mortal's capacity for reason. :p

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This will be a new daily game. Confound Barriss.

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    As far as I recall, this was on the first page of the thread, so I really don't see a reason to complain.

This thread is simply... To be sociable in. Come here and talk about whatever you want, Star Wars or otherwise. There will be no set discussion for this place and the conversation is totally down to you.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And I'm a chronic over-sharer so that's often how I use it. =b

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Except when it's a personal issue, it's usually best to keep it to yourself or those involved. No offense intended, but I don't really need to know your issues when it's something personal like that.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Personal issues come up in social threads.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    You know that there's right and wrong for any instance, including the internet. Posting issues that are personal and talking behind someone's back is just not right/cool/fair, ect. I'm sorry.

It's also like telling strangers your own issues basically.

10. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Oh yes, God forbid people discuss personal problems in a social thread, especially since we're forced to read and react to each and every post.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    There is no need for this comment. All I am saying is that if you are posting personal issues, especially issues dealing with yourself and/or your family, it is wise and better if you keep it to yourself. This is a public place, and as I said before, you are basically telling strangers your own issues. If you want to do that, then fine. But it is pretty stupid and wrong.

I do not know you and you do not know me, so why should I post issues that are private and personal. o_O (Note, I am not saying that I want to, it is just another way of stating my point)

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, I think we're a bit more than strangers. I'd say strangers have zero idea about one another. And if it made Seerow feel better to talk about a troubling issue and know she has some support, then that's a positive thing.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Actually, no. As an example, honestly no one here knows anything about me except my general hatred toward TCW. You may assume, but that is still very misleading. I do not know anything about Seerow and for her to post issues relating to her family and herself is just out of place and odd, regardless if this is a "social thread" (on a SW forum.) There is right and wrong, and posting personal issues such as that is just quite frankly wrong.

It is not a positive thing, far from it, if you are talking about your issues on a SW forum. Talk to your family, your close ones, those who are affected, but not to people you do not know.

14. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    =D=

If it's positive for Seerow and she feels home at LACWAC, then that's fine. If it's not positive for someone, they don't need to share their problems, no one's forced to do so. It's really quite simple.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Do you have a life if you think a forum is a home? Honestly, come on now. There is no need to post private/personal stuff on a public forum. There is a reason why it is called private.

Would you honestly like it if I asked you if you have family issues?

16. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Sometimes it helps to talk about things, that's why I have a counselor.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    At least you are doing it the correct way.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, your totally right. I sit in my basement all day and make up stuff to post on a SW forum to get attention. And Tarkas is my boyfriend.

19. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    If we feel comfortable at LACWAC, then we don't have a life? Thank you for your profound judgment!

If someone feels comfortable sharing their problems at LACWAC, then that's fine, that's up to them. You obviously don't feel that is the case, and that's fine as well. My point rests.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    :rolleyes:

I know you guys would not like it if I start asking you personal questions here. Odds are, you would get offended and say no, but I guess posting personal issues by yourself is acceptable and okay...

I take it some of us are adults here, but I guess right and wrong is simply out the door anyway.

akash You misunderstood me, so let me rephrase for you. If you think LACWAC is a home or a "get a way" place for you to post personal issues, then you really need to step back and rethink. I am not your friend nor am I one of your family members. I am simply a poster here talking about SW stuff. I do not need to know your personal issues.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well if you ever just need a shoulder to cry on GGrievous, we're here for you bro. [face_peace]

Dark Lord Tarkas and Seerow like this.
  22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, I will cry all over my monitor and force my keyboard to comfort me as well....

Coric likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It really depends on the person, GG. Some people like to talk about their personal lives online, while others, such as yourself, do not. I understand why you take issue with this particular instance, since this particular instance is a highly personal matter for Seerow and is maybe a bit much for this thread. But she's clearly comfortable with sharing it here. LACWAC, and the disco in particular, is a small enough community that some people feel safe being more personal than hey would elsewhere.

Otherwise why the hell have a social thread? Just to say "hi" to everybody every day? Personal info is gonna be shared whether you like it or not. That's what it means to be "social".

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That's why I shared my right and wrong comment. To restate my previous posts, if she feels comfortable, then fine, but it's still out of place and odd considering she is sharing personal information with strangers. Don't just look at the typical LACWAC posters, look elsewhere as well. This isn't a private forum.

To be social is one thing, but when you discuss about issues that are personal, then you need to step back and rethink.

25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    No one poster gets to decide who's an adult and who's not, thank you very much. And no, I did not misunderstand you at all. I do not need to "step back and rethink" at your word. You obviously are not one of my family members and I definitely do not consider you my friend to any degree. Nevertheless, there are members of this forum that I feel comfortable with and if I wish to discuss a problem of mine here, then that is my inherit right as a member of this forum. If this thread was purely for the purpose of discussing Star Wars, then that would be a different issue altogether. I say this for the third time, if someone is comfortable discussing their personal issues here, then that is generally accepted as fine, if someone is not, then no one's forcing them to post personal issues, or read/respond to those of others. If the mods have an issue, then they can make it clear themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.