main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT If Anakin defeated Obi-Wan at Mustafar

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Brenapp, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    If Anakin had won the duel on Mustafar and killed Obi-Wan, as he does in the "alternate ending" on the ROTS game (where he then kills Palpatine and proclaims himself emperor), is it at all possible he could have stopped Padme from dying?

2. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    No,because she was dying of a broken heart and she lost the will to live.

3. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    This would depend, I would presume, on whether Palpatine actually had the power to save people from death. If it is true, then it wouldn't matter that Padmé was dying as Anakin would be able to keep from the brink of death. If Palpatine didn't have the power (or Anakin managed to kill him before discovering the secret), then she would have died, I imagine.

As interesting of a question, to me, is whether Padmé would have died had Anakin not turned to the Dark Side. Almost always, it's presumed that she would have lived. But I wonder if she might not have died some other way -- if Anakin had refused to turn, perhaps Palpatine would have killed her in retribution.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In the described situation I think she would have died anyway. Palpatine's means of "stopping death" involved a creepy science experiment and didn't seem to work very well anyway, at least from what I recall of the Plagueis novel.

Anakin had the vision, went into crazy panic mode, and by turning to the Dark Side, brought about the very thing he was trying so hard to prevent. And I think that was the point. I don't think she would have died had he not turned. She was a 27-year-old woman living in wealth on Coruscant with access to the best possible medical care; had she stayed on Coruscant and given birth, the chances that she would have lived through it are pretty good.

5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    No,because she was dying of a broken heart and she lost the will to live.

----------

this

Teaviex Cue and Sitara like this.
  6. Iloveanakinandpadme

Iloveanakinandpadme Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2013
    She probably still would have died of a brocken heart because she would have still known that anakin had fallen to the dark side and had commited all those crimes

7. Iloveanakinandpadme

Iloveanakinandpadme Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2013
    Thats a very interesting question that i always ask myself. I do believe that she wouldnt have died if anakin hadent gone to the dark side. but you never know?

8. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    That sounds like a post in the Thread If "Padme had lived......"

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It worked just fine on Venamis, but it was Plagueis who did it.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  10. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    If he had defeated Obi-Wan then he would have took Padme to the hospital, she would have died, Anakin would have went psycho, and trained the kids to kill Palpatine.

11. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I think Anakin would have followed through with his plan. Once Padme successfully gave birth to the twins and was healthy in a safe location he would have attempted to destroy Palpatine. I don't know if he would have been brash and brazen about it or plot it carefully..I think even Anakin was smart enough to know that he wouldn't be able to defeat Sidious without the element of surprise. Then we would have Emperor Vader.

12. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I doubt it, Padme still could've died, not wanting to live with Anakin as he was and whatnot.

He wouldn't have lasted as an Emperor, regardless.

13. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I doubt Vader could have claimed much political or legal legitimacy by killing the guy who has only just declared himself Emperor five minutes ago. Vader was unknown except to Kenobi, Yoda, Palpatine and a bunch of dead children and enemy politicians.

As Skywalker he may have had a reputation as a war hero/poster boy, but that wouldn't have commanded much political authority. More likely Vader would be arrested and someone like Mas Amedda would become de facto Emporer.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Darth kRud like this.
  14. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Yeah, she was always's going to die, no matter what they did. Anakin's force choke sealed her fate. Now, if he hadn't done it, it would have been different.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Going only by film canon, Palpatine says explicitly that "the power to overcome death is power that only one has achieved, but I have no doubt that together we can discover the secret." Palpatine couldn't have saved Padme's life without Anakin's cooperation. No cooperation, no lifesaver.

16. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Could Anakin have eventually learned Plagueis' ability? Yes. Would he have been able to achieve it in time to save Padme? Doubtful.

17. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    He could've had the vast military behind him. But even that wouldn't have been absolute. The GCW would've, basically, started immediately after the end of the Clone Wars. Not 19 years, or so, later.

18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I can see he'd enjoy some military support, but considering the bulk of the military are clones that's not saying much in political terms. He may, by chance, have access to Palp's Order 66 Hotline, but there weren't enough clones to keep the whole galaxy under martial law.

I think the post of emperor wouldn't have lasted long without Palpatine. The Senate still existed, the Speaker would take over.

A civil war might erupt but not the same one as we see in IV-VI.

19. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Really hard to say, given that Yoda was unable to get rid of Palpatine I could see him ending up falling in line and continually being manipulated by palpatine. That is actually what ended up happening anyway

20. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    He could have waited and brought her back from the dead.

21. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I don't know if the power goes that far.

22. Halos94

Halos94 Jedi Padawan

Sep 19, 2012
    Darth Plagueis brought Darth Venamis back from the dead in the Darth Plagueis novel.

23. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    But that was pretty much immediately after he had died. I don't think it applies to the long dead.

24. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I don't think it would have saved Padme for she died of grief and sorrow to have lost the Anakin se loved. Even if he does survied the fight against Obi-Wan, he is already dead to her. The Sith he has become isn't the boy she has once falled in love with. It seems clear to me though that without being half-machine Vader would have been even more powerful. It sort of change the picture as he could have achieved greater things than he did as the Vader we know. But the Emperor would probably have been very uneasy to teach him all his lore in the fear of being taken down by his apprentice as he himself did to his master...

25. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Venamis was also force-sensitive, and thus had a large amount of midichorians for Plagieus to manipulate. Padme does not.

Chewbacca89 likes this.