main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Indeed. We are still seeing the horrid ramifications of colonialism, especially in Africa.

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So long story short, Sith FTW!

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    [face_laugh]

4. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    It could be interesting to see a new lineage of dark-side Force users. Maybe the Sith begain with Bane and ended with Vader, but there could be a brand new lineage of the dark-side that discovered these methods in the same way Darth Bane discovered them.

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Actually, Bane was the last of a large group.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There were a lot of Sith splinter groups in the EU- like the Prophets of the Dark Side, the Disciples of Ragnos, and so forth. Maybe a new one akin to one of these could be brought in.

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The EU constantly has Sith sects splitting off from each other.

8. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Well, he was the first to establish a reformed order that ultimately led to Sidious and Vader. In his reformed order, the rule of two was established. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Lord_of_the_Sith

9. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I can see Leia falling to the Dark Side of the Force. She is like her father in many ways, far more than Luke is in my opinion. Luke is like his mother. Could Carrie Fisher/Leia be the Sith Master? Her apprentice could do most of the dirty work/fighting but I can see Empress Leia being a Sidious type.

10. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    But why would Leia turn to the dark side in the first place?

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    She's very passionate and aggressive, for one. She's also been through a lot of trauma (tortured, Alderaan, lover and friends tortured, finding out the person who did those things to her was her father, etc) that has and will continue to lead to a lot pain, fear, anger and hate.

I'm not saying the dark side is a guarantee, but it's very possible.

12. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    But she spent her adult life fighting against the darkside and everything the empire stands for

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    So?

Sometimes you fight so hard you forget what you were fighting for and become the very thing you set out to defeat.

Leia has everything that leads to the dark side in abundance. I'm not saying she will or she should turn to the dark side, but I'm not against the idea.

14. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    It would take a lot for her to turn to the dark side, like maybe the republic executing luke for being vader's son

15. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I've always thought that Leia turning to the dark side has the potential to be an exceptional story line.
    Drawing parallels to drug addiction and detachment from your family, it could make for a very powerful performance.
    Especially considering that Carrie can lean heavily from her own life experiences.

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Except that she's not at all selfish, which is a pretty big requirement for the darkside.

Darth Chiznuk and benknobi1 like this.
  17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think if any Skywalkers have problems with the darkside, it needs to be the next generation. Luke or Leia struggling with the darkside 20 or 30 years later doesn't make a lot of sense to me plotwise -- that is, that sort of struggle would have happened much sooner, sometime after the battle of Endor, if it were to happen at all.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Imo there's no such thing as selfish or unselfish.

But putting that aside, was Luke selfish? He came pretty damn close. If it were anyone else other than his father threatening Leia, Luke might have struck him down with all of his hatred and his journey toward the dark side would have been complete.

I think Star Was has demonstrated that falling to the dark side, or at least getting caught up in it, is relatively easy. It can join you in an instant and it's not easy to resist.

I can easily think of scenarios where Leia would fall to the dark side.

This is just me being open-minded, I don't think it will actually happen in the ST.

19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    No offense to Carrie, but I don't think she has the acting chops to pull this off well - even with 'home field advantage' due to her life experiences. Also, I think such a dark tone is away from the vibe they are aiming for in the ST, which is more 'upbeat'.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    If the Sith don't return for the sequels then I think they will have to make up some other light sabre-wielding villains. It's hard to imagine a Star Wars with no light sabre battles and the toys sell. If they do revive the Sith and stick with the Bane line then I think the whole Darth Plagueis-coming-out-of-the-shadows idea could work but that idea's been debated enough in another thread so I'll leave it at that. I'm not a big EU nut so I don't know much about other types of dark side villains or other possible Sith groups so one of those routes might be a better idea.

I think the ST could be pretty upbeat and dark at the same time--sort of like Pirates of the Caribbean? But I agree, Leia turning to the dark side is pretty dark for my tastes--and would really sort of tarnish the character we've all known and loved for decades.

21. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Pal, you totally missed the point of the entire SW saga. Sorry.

22. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Which was?

23. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    So says the little pink teddy bear.

24. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    It's a pink wookiee!

benknobi1 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I could agree that evil Leia might be cool to see, but the only problem is that there is zero to suggest it could happen. Sure, they can write whatever they want, but In sure what we get will be based on a mindfull continuation of the story.