main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars: First Assault

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Wildstar02301, Sep 20, 2012.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't get what the problem is. Some of the best games I've played have been on XBL Arcade. We don't actually know anything about it yet, so it could be really good. It could also be really bad, but there's no point in saying how bad it is just because it's on XBL Arcade.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It will be terrible for more reasons that than.

Valyn, I liked your post, but then seeing you praised the original Clone Wars cartoons I unliked it because they were mind-shatteringly stupid.

07jonesj likes this.
  3. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Ender, IIRC, the Clone Wars cartoons of the early 2000's were quite a decent hit. Didn't they win awards? They were definitely superior to the CGI Clone Wars crap that's on TV now.

MrZAP and Ichor_Razor like this.
  4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh? What are those reasons? I'd like to know. Also, can you share any links containing actual information about this game other that it being XBL Arcade? Official information would be preferred and not speculation.

A Username likes this.
  5. The other Cleopatra's

The other Cleopatra's Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2013
    Whatever it is.

Please, no more battles that were in the movies too!!!!!!!!!!

6. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Well atleast it seems like it will be set after the clone wars, seeing as there is a couple of stormtroopers on the cover. Also it being on XBLA, dosn't make it bad. It will probably be on PSN and Steam aswell, just means it most likely won't be retail.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Name a good SW game that was done by Lucasarts and came out in the last 10 years?

Note - good means quality, not "well, it wasn't total crap".

The Farce Unleashed? Or it's sequel?

Battlefront?

Yeah. That's what.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    These are the games I thought were good or head good things about:
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
    Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
    Star Wars: Republic Commando

Battlefront and Battlefront 2 were both developed Pandemic Studios, and LucasArts only did the 360 and PS3 versions of Force Unleashed and Force Unleashed 2. I didn't play either so I can't comment on them.

Don't forget that Star Wars 1313 is coming out soon and that looks so awesome right now.

This is all speculation though, which isn't what I asked for. How many developers ever haven't done a game that was really bad? I know a lot of people hate Lego Star Wars 3, but the developer also did Lego Batman 2 and Lego LotR. So until we get some actual, concrete, official information about the game, I see no reason not to remain quietly optimistic.

9. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
  10. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Chalk this up to the list of transitional changes at Lucasfilm since the Disney purchase:

-1313 on "hold"
    -3D Re-releases of AOTC, ROTS, OT "postponed," although probably canceled (I'm ok with this this)
    -Star Wars: First Assault on "hold"
    -The Clone Wars series canceled, with its remaining episodes to appear in some form of media sometime in the future
    -Star Wars Detours "postponed," although I'm pretty sure this is just a nice way of saying "canceled" (and thank goodness!)

I'm starting to worry about LucasArts and its future, as well as the future of Star Wars games. Reports of 1313 and SW: First Assault do not sound very promising. Take this quote from the Kotaku SW: First Assault article:

This is not very encouraging news. Especially considering the fact that First Assault seems basically complete.

07jonesj likes this.
  11. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't understand why they're doing this. It seems counter-intuitive.

12. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    They're gonna reboot everything but the movies, I bet...

They can't destroy the existing storyline without confusing and alienating fans so they'll just kill it all off for a while until they decide the direction they're heading in.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    They can't reboot the EU either, that'd just destroy everything. The great thing with Star Wars is that there's always places and bits of timeline to explore that haven't been touched on before. We all know what was happening during the films in the film locations, but what was happening elsewhere? I bet there were several rebel planets trying to overthrow Imperial rule, or even Imperial planets trying to suppress terrorists if that's more your thing.

14. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
  15. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
  16. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
  17. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  18. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I kinda not surprised if this gets the same fate as 1313. I was really looking forward to this...

19. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Yeah, pretty much can't count on anything coming out these days if it wasn't announced/funded by Disney. Shame, because they'll probably give a limited (see free) release to First Assault and use the "lack" of interest is a reason to can Battlefront III... :(

20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    If this game is almost done why not just release it. I mean if this turns out good they would still have a long time to make Battlefront III with Episode VII maps.

21. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Yea i don't get it either, they didn't spend any money on making First Assault. Since it was made before they purchased Lucasfilm etc... All they have to do is release it on Live, Steam and PSN. And they woul d get profit, for a project they didn't make or pay for. Im so pissed.. again. Disney has turned out to be a disappointment for me so far :(

KudosDas and Lazy Storm Trooper like this.
  22. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    Ready for some gameplay video, folks? Kotaku's got one:

http://kotaku.com/5990366/leaked-fo..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

There's also a per-rendered cutscene to advertise the game. Gameplay footage is from an earlier build from last fall, and it is not representative of what the game looks like today.

This steady stream of game leaks has to be a disgruntled LucasArts developer that's trying to let the public know that their game is in danger.

23. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    crap, sorry, inadvertent double post

24. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Looks a little rough, but it's early footage, so it's understandable.

25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I so want this game. Finally there is will be something other than overpowered force users and bad TCW tie-ins. Is the Dark Times almost over?