main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social ~*~The Blue Moon Cantina~*~ (Bad Moon on the Rise!)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Allegra, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I took my son and the two dogs for a walk about an hour ago....it was dark but still 35C outside.....and we sat in the park and watched the satellites go over.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Nothing to see in my neighborhood. Still lots of Christmas lights, am I the only one who took my lights down on the 1st?

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yep! I still have a tree in my lounge! Planning to do that tomorrow I think....time for the tree to go to sleep. I did say that if no one helps me take it down, it's simply not going up next year....sick of me doing all the 'not so fun' jobs....

4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Since we went to my parents for Christmas we never even took the tree out of the attic. I wanted it, but knew I would have to do all the work myself.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ours is a big tree, over 6' but I just think if they cant be bothered to do that hard slog, I dont see why it should be me. Maybe one year without a tree will wake them up....who knows.

6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm hoping to get my son to help in a year or two, husband is already lost cause.

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    My sister and I always took the tree down, and my dad dragged the tree out back to burn it, then we got a fake one, my sister and I always put it up and took it down. Other wise my parents couldn't be bothered.

So yeah that should do it ;)

8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Good to hear Falcon, becuase that is my plan. I know my son wanted the tree this year, but he's not quite big enough to really help with much. Next year if he wants the tree I'm going to give him the option of helping with the tree and maybe I can throw some other stuff in there like keeping his room clean while it's up (a mother can dream).

9. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Moms and Dads are soooo cute when they use the whole 'wishful thinking' ideaology. :p Go you!

I kid! I kid! :p

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    unless it has a strong flavor, I can't taste anything this morning, everything tastes off :(

11. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    'dislike' [:D]

Ahhh, I remember the days when there were people who refused to use the 'easy' new version of adding emoticons. "Used to be you had to type them all out! Now you just click a dinky little button!" :p

12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Aww, Falcon, get well soon!

Thanks Swan, I like being called Cute. But seriously this morning there were Legos spilling out of my son's room and into the upstairs hallway.

I got half a buttered bagel here that I just can't bring myself to eat, but that's because the first half filled me up.

13. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Hope you feel better soon, Master! [:D]

Here in the UK, 2012 was the second-wettest year on record (52 inches, so a news/current affairs programme said yesterday -- a little bit wetter in Scotland and 2012 would have been top! ISTR they said that the record-holder was 1910!

14. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Some of us were still in preschool back then...

15. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Doubtful. :p That was in, oh, '04-ish I think.

16. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    So, 2nd grade?

BTW, Angry Birds Star Wars in Calculus FTW. The entire class is playing!

17. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    lol :p You're so young. That means you have to respect everyone here, since I thiiiink you're the youngest/do whatever we tell you to do. :D

Go clean your room Joe Antonetti

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    You're playing with older kids Typhoid, you know you're most likely the youngest of this lot :p

19. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    *strolls in, bumps Junior's stool, and takes a seat* Good mornin', lovelies.

20. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Good morning, Bones. :D How goes it?

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Mornin' MandoBones.
    Hmmm. My son is good at Angry Birds SW, maybe I should enroll him in Calculus.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Meh, not bad, bosslady. I just picked up overtime every day I have off this month. Trying to save up for some vacation time. Only days off will be next weekend, when I'm off to enter the supremely nerdy world of LARPing. Should be fun.

Alson, mornnin', Runner.

23. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Sounds like fun. I too have asked for overtime, although I don't get paid over time and it's only one shift a week it might help a little anyways. What kind of LARPing?

24. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Fantasy, from what I hear. Buddy of my Father In Law used to NERO, and once that folded up in this area a friend of his started a new system (based on the same play style). We talked about NPCing the first day and then starting our characters, but there's an option to NPC as monsters/enemies for the first three months (1 weekend per), and we wind up with like double the build points for when we actually join the game as PC's, so we're gonna do that.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  25. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Cool. You spoke another language that I only sort of understood but it sounds good. :)

I am just finishing up a couple loads of laundry. Threw in all my scarves, all the blankets and a few bags too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.