main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Pessimism Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I doubt we will ever see wars in the stars again. *coffee cup half-empty*

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    hmm

General Immodet likes this.
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Maul's return has been terrible. I haven't found him to be a good villain, I don't find him threatening in the least, his characterization has been a bad joke and I have no interest in what he's doing or what will happen to him. I just want him gone, I'd gladly accept his disappearance without any resolution to anything he's involved in.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    You're spoiler-free, aren't you? It get's much worse, believe me!

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Be quiet Jack.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Okay, okay. I wasn't going to go beyond that.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just teasing you. Although I don't spoil myself for episodes beyond trailers.

If he beats up Obi-Wan I'm going to be pissed, and I wouldn't put it past Filoni to do that.

JackG likes this.
  8. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh, I missed this place... [face_love]

I hate Gascon. Everything about him is beyond irritating and I don't think I have it in me to watch next week's episode unless someone can verify for me ahead of time that he meets an extremely embarrassing or otherwise grueling end. Something completely undignified like drowning face down in a puddle would be preferred.

...and that goes double for WAC. [face_frustrated]

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Next week's episode might be the first episode I ever decide to pass on. I just have not been entertained this arc at all.

The mention of an officer's conference on a station above Carida is really the only thing that raises my curiosity enough to maybe watch it anyway

But it just feels wrong to contribute to the ratings when I disapprove of that they've done with this arc so much. I hope Gascon and WAC never grace the screen again when this arc is over.

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    If you don't have a Nielsen box, I'm pretty sure you won't be contributing to the ratings even if you watch it.

11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Shows how much I know about such things.

12. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I just want to get to Mauldalore already. Even though I've spoiled myself and HIGHLY disapprove of what they're doing with it I just can't take any more filler. It's called substantial plot development and I need it now.

13. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    S1 I was surprised to like.
    S2 I was incredibly hyped for in the wake of my enjoyment of S1. It faltered a bit towards the end, but was still enjoyable.
    S3 I was hyped for most of all, but it turned out to be half crap, though I felt it finished strong.
    S4 was overall OK.
    S5 has left me feeling like I'm watching the show mostly out of habit and just hoping it will get good again. There are still good episodes here and there, but arcs like Onderon and the current arc make me feel guilty for watching the show and continuing to participate as part of its fan base. I would think that by now the show should have hit its stride, and it's disheartening that its stride may be worse than it was first finding itself.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Welcome to the haters club.

Now leave LACWAC since you don't like the show.

Esg likes this.
  15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I agree
    I agree
    I agree
    I agree
    I agree

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I totally agree on S5. You wouldn't think this late in the game they'd be doing so many episodes worse than S1. Until this season I thought each was better than the last. I'm disheartened. It's hard to see the possibility of a couple good arcs at the end saving the season for me.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Most of Seasons 3, 4 and 5 are a complete write off for me(at least 5 thus far). Its too bad because I want to like this show more, but as its gone on its lost me more and more.

18. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I started rewatching the Obi-Wan undercover arc yesterday and in the first episode, the Quarren who gets his ship stolen sort of had the old design, but the upper teeth were clearly visible which is definitely an improvement.

[​IMG]

(I think that according to TCW, this is what they look like when out of water and when in water, they look like presented in the Water War arc).

19. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Season 1 - very bad. Poor animation, poor script, bad quality of action and adventure. Highlight: Aayla Secura.
    Season 2 - very good. I loved episodes on Geonosis, and mostly everything else except few last episodes.
    Season 3 - very, very good. I loved everything except stupid episodes 4-8. "Assassin" was terrible, TERRIBLE, I still can't belive something like that was put into this show... But still, I love this season for Mortis, Nightsisters, clones and two last episodes (they look stunning). And animation started to be good and epic.
    Season 4 - very, very good, except 4 first episodes. Those are really, really TERRIBLE. Whole underwater action was stupid, absurd, stupid and bad, bad, bad. And gungans capturing Grievous in episode 4... That was bad. But verything else (5-22) was fantastic - I loved the animation, script and story. I even like the return of Maul.
    Season 5 - very bad, except those 4 episode about younglings. I loved them, they were good - both in animation and script.

Sooo, my pessimism is: a lot of good and epic episodes (pure Star Wars) but with a lot of terrible stupid ideas and destroying canon. Expanded Universe should be sacred - I'm more of a fan of novels and games than movies and I have when somebody is changing stuff like TCW is doing that. And Darth Maul... to be honest, bringing him back wasn't that bad. We will see what they will do with him in the future. But still, I'm scared what they will do with the connection with Episode III - they can't erase Labyrinth of Evil...

Oh, and 05x10. Guys who wrote this pathetic script have to be found and... oh, my... execute Order 66.

Shame season 5 is that bad right now, I started to like this show (while ignoring some parts of it) but I'm just dissapointed with everything that is happening now.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I know this guy... It is still a stupid decision after Water War and the Mon Calamari arc. I think again it is done out of lazyness or not to waste time adjusting the Water War models to other locals.

I know many would think this is nitpicking and whining, but for me it is like seeing Ahsoka's Season One model in the middle of the Onderon arc. ;)

I agree with S2 and S3, but I strongly disagree on S4, S5 and ESPECIALLY S1.
    Season One sure had some corny moments, but for a season that was just starting out it is quite genius.
    Sure 5 years after Ambush people complain about the past of the show, but we would not be here if the first season was not good enough.
    Plus, episodes like Liberty on Ryloth and Lair of Grievous and Trespass make the weak Umbara arc look like something written from a 10 year old.
    There was a lot of action and S1 was the most unique cause it focused for a few episodes on other Jedi. Something S4 forgot, but S5 almost did - S5 is focusing on other characters.
    S1 is my favorite.

The thing is that Season Four lacked good scripts and good stories. Sure, the visuals were cool, but they stories were weak as hell.
    S4 is actually the season that really made me hate the show - cause of episodes like Shadow Warrior and Umbara and Hardeen.
    But episodes like Bounty and Massacre (genius) restored my hope in the show.
    Season Five is not bad, it is quite good. I think people mistake "more tame" for "bad".
    Things will get more violent as people want...

21. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Things will get more violent as people want... on this thread!
    Ha! Ha! Ha!

By the way, go to the EU community thread and join the Order of the Ffib!

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Season one had some decent episodes, a little of season two, and everything else is a piece of ****. Their whole writing team must of fell off a cliff so they had to hire amateur hacks to fill in.

Esg likes this.
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Should have gone back and rethink that cause now it sounds like things will get aggresive cause of the people and not how I wanted it to sound - things in the show will get more violent in an episode... :D

Ffib?!

I do not know about a cliff, but nobody from S1 has been left on the team.

24. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/order-of-the-ffib.50007780/

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    It's true that's how TCW seems to presenting it, but that's really dumb because it doesn't square with the cantina scene in Ep. IV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.