main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Say, here is my Barriss confounding video of the day.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Oooooookeee doke...........................

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Meanwhile, in Australia:
    [​IMG]

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Is that a map from a "a day in the void"?:p

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I love it, but it's not for people who are incapable of laughing at themselves.

(A microcosm of life itself? :p )

JackG , my son was looking up Australia on Google Earth last night. I think he landed somewhere in the desert, there was a lot of brown.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, me too... well said.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Experimental concept art that inspired the episode.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    That's hot.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, we get ridiculously hot summers here so I sympathize.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I think your NC summers and our GA summers are pretty much the same.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm still hoping to live in Seattle for awhile at some point, maybe to work on my doctorate. If I didn't bleed Carolina blue and have a Tar Heel tattooed to my ass have so many ties to this area, I probably would have left many summers ago.

Seerow likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Florida summers are hot but the mugginess is the main problem. Its not like Arizona where its that dry heat where you about burst into flames before you realize it.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The A/C in my house is on 73 in the summer and I wear shorts and a tank top. I can't stand heat, muggy or otherwise.

I have friends who have a "June 1st rule" for turning on the A/C. I have a "when anakinfan gets uncomfortable" rule. That has happened as early as March.

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I visited friends who lived in Arizona for a while one summer and I was amazed at how different the lack of humidity felt. Here, as you said, the mugginess and humidity make it feel hot in general. But there, if you were standing in the shade you actually felt comfortable. If you moved into the sunshine, though, you felt like you were standing in an oven. The unfiltered sun just felt like it was melting you.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    In Michigan the temperature can change rapidly with the changing of seasons. The extremes aren't going to be as high/low as in other places, but it's real fun to have a 60 degree day followed by a day in the 80s with high humidity or vice versa. This winter started out really quite comfortably with 70 degree days in early November. But then those seemed to plummet real fast. Right now it's not so bad. It's cold, but so long as we don't get a lot of snow and the roads are clear, it's fine.

It's the summer heat that isn't my friend.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The first time I visited Seattle was in July 2003. It was a fantastic 80-degree day with little humidity (at least relative to what I'm accustomed to in July) and I was eating salmon at this place by the Sound, thrilled that I was actually able to eat lunch outside in July. Afterwards I went into a T-shirt shop in Pike Place Market and the guy behind the counter asked, "So what do you think of this heat?"

I laughed out loud. Dude, you call 80 degrees "heat"?

I also fell in love with Seattle in that instant.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't really mind the heat and the humidity here. Truthfully I love Florida. There is never a shortage of bright, beautiful looking, funny days with few clouds in the sky. It fits my outlook "The sun always rises and the clouds always clear". There is also just something about waking up and seeing palm trees swaying in the breeze. My favorite time of the year is actually in mid Feb which is pretty much spring in Florida when all the flowers bloom, its in the low 80s with less humidity, and bright outside. Truth by told I'd rather live on on the coast than in O-town however. I really love North Florida up in the San Fernandina Beach area or on the west coast in Sarasota. Those are fun little beach towns.

18. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Very true. Summers in Charleston usually run around 95F-100F, but with the humidity the heat index has been as high as 126+F. I lived somewhere else for a while where it would often hit 105F-110F, but since it was a dry heat it wasn't near as bad.

Either way, I can't stand the heat. I always have the A/C set at 69 or 70. :p

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've always like the heat better than the cold, particularly now that I've lived in FL for so long. It hits 60 and I've got a jacket on. =b

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't even put on long sleeves unless it's 60 degrees or less.

21. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I grew up in the TN mountains, I'm used to the cold. :p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I grew up in the Great Smokeys myself sir. However, I don't like cold. =b

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I love that range of weather that's 60˚-85˚. I don't mind hot, and 80-87 is hardly too hot. Still, when it's cold up here in New England, it's ****ing cold. Not that my dogs care, since they love to play in the snow.
    That's like me and long pants.

24. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Hell, I wear short sleeved shirts even when it snows. But 60F is about when usually pull out the long pants.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ...Am I the only one who's freezing below 70F?

*hangs head in shame and goes back to hiding in the corner with the heater*

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.