main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Letchworth Village

Discussion in 'Community' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Has anybody else heard of this place? It's a old, abandoned former mental facility in Rockland County New York.

It was built in the early 1900's and opened officially in 1911. The place wasn't a very good facility. The buildings were overcrowded and patients would refuse to put their clothes on or take them off.

Most of the buildings are boarded up and have fallen into despair. A few buildings are open and you can trespass into them but it's illegal. I went into one a few weeks ago, only for a few seconds though.

Some buildings are still used. Nine buildings (former dorm rooms) were connected as one big building for Fieldstone Middle School (I believe the dorms back then were called the fieldstones).

The buildings on Patriot Hills Drive (which is now a golf course) were for the girls, I believe and are used for courthouses and stuff.

Ghost Adventures went there In 2011 during Hurricane Irene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://abnf.co/NY-letchworth_village_main_page.htm

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Wait. Which Fieldstone Middle School? There's one in Montvale, New Jersey just across the border from Rockland which I attended when I was living in New Jersey.

3. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    The one in Rockland County. It was originally called "Fieldstone Secondary School".

4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Interesting location- didn't know about it yet.
    People into ghost towns should definitely check out Centralia, Pennsylvania, underneath which there's a mine fire that's been burning for 50 years. It served as inspiration for the Silent Hill series.

5. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm planning to go to Letchworth tomorrow.

6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I don't know about anyone else, but the story of Centralia, Pennsylvania would be an interesting premise to build a heist film around.