main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Disney's First SW Gaffe?!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Echo-07, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Okay, so we know about the Peter What's-his-face Tweet. So now the rampant speculation has begun.

Oh, Noz! It's the MEGAN FOX conspiracy theory:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/04/let-the-megan-fox-in-star-wars-rumors-begin/

For the record I think she's hot but I also think she's a lousy actress. And in that super-awesome Female Actor thread that recently got kiboshed no one suggested she be in SW, to include me.

Have at it!

Vastor, KevinM1 and Blue_Jedi33 like this.
  2. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Angelina Jolie

3. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    She will be playing Asajj Ventress
    [​IMG]

Air Jedi, Cad Carnage, Sitara and 5 others like this.
  4. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    More likely this is her subtle way of trying to get a role in Episode VII, but not a reaction to having gotten one. What sucks is we're probably going to have to wait at least several months before any casting rumors get confirmed or debunked. Casting probably won't be announced until late spring and through the summer if the previous films were anything to go by. For now, I'll chalk this rumor up there with the Episode II ones involving Leonardo DiCaprio playing Anakin, and Jet Li as the new Sith Lord to replace Darth Maul.

5. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I read somewhere once that DeCaprio actually did read to play Anakin though.

Disney's pretty good about squelching spoilers so who knows . . . I just can't see LFL casting Megan Fox just because she's hot (looking.) Except those ears, WTF?

Julius Vernon and yodasbum like this.
  6. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    would leonardo been a better anakin? and should they go with with big stars in the next films or what?

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    There wasn't a rumor until the author of said article somehow thought it was.

I highly doubt Megan Fox will be in Star Wars.

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I don't care if they're famous or obscure, as long as they're good.

The_Hellhammer and KevinM1 like this.
  9. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    truthfully, I think Disney and Mrs Kennedy are going to do it right. the casting will be spot on. I expect some "child" tie ins in for youth appeal...jawas, ewoks, gungans, droids are all good examples. if star wars does one thing it's gather amazing actors. Ewan, Alex, Peter, James, Harrison, Liam, Billy, among others and this time we get a clean slate, a new writer, and all the money any film studio could ever ask for. I shall keep the faith.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  10. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Man, I want that woman's R2-D2.

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    She's not the greatest actress in the world, but it wouldn't take much to outdo Portman's sleepy performance in the PT.

12. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I agree Portman's performance in the PT was not that great, but she has improved over the time.
    In movies such as The Other Woman and Black Swan she was great.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Natalie Portman didn't improve "over time" - she was already a great actress before the prequels. Really - go watch The Professional, the movie she made with Jean Reno five years before TPM. She's absolutely amazing, especially for a girl her age.

The truth is, Lucas is famous for not being an "actor's director", so unless you have actors that are known for not needing a lot of input from a director, you're going to get lackluster performances in his movies. That was one of them.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think there are moments where she could have given a better performance (just like there are some moments throughout all six films where an actor or actress could have given a better performance) but there are also some moments where she gives a brilliant performance IMO (the rumination scene is one that sticks out for me and the burning of the Jedi Temple). Overall I'd take her over Megan Fox any day of the week.

eht13 likes this.
  15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I do not think Fox would fit in the SW Universe for some reason.

16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I did watch The Professionals, but I cannot really say her performance was that great.

For the OT, Lucas did use some pretty unknown actors as well.
    I do not think SW has to feature big stars.
    Although, I must say Neeson is one of my favourite actors.

17. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I love Portman, especially in her more offbeat roles, but I cannot say she was very good in the PT, particularly Clones.

Fox, who I'm not a big fan of, for some reason, I feel like she would be pretty good in Star Wars. Maybe because she already has so much CGI experience in the Robot franchise. I thought she was surprisingly good in Jennifer's Body, and this one weird Mickey Rourke film where she played a girl with wings.

18. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    The R2 D2 was built by her husband Brian Austin Green. I saw him on Conan talking about it. Apparently he is a huge SW fan...

IMO, this is no rumor. Just twitter fodder

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Impressive. Most impressive.

20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Natalie was bad in ther PT, and Megan Fox would be good in SW? Stop smoking that stuff, you are ruining your brain.

21. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Natalie Portman is a good actress, but she wasn't right for Star Wars. I never got the impression that she was a fan of, or really believed in the material, and only took the role because her agent told her it would be good for her career. She has that air of, "I'm supposed to be a serious actress, what am I doing fighting giant arena monsters?" In that regard, acting ability takes a backseat to enjoying/embracing the material.

To Megan Fox's credit, she seems like she would be more at home facing the ridiculous situations (fighting creatures, shooting blasters, using lightsaber, etc) that happen on a Star Wars set than Natalie Portman was. She also doesn't seem to take herself seriously, having taken roles in a bunch of stupid, over-the-top horror, sci fi, and comic book movies. Having said that, Disney would probably be extremely reluctant to cast her because of her recent string of bombs and the terrible reaction critics have given her. Also, her reputation isn't the good, clean, wholesome family image they try to portray.

General Immodet and Dra--- like this.
  22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Portman wasn't good in the PT a lot of the time, but I think much of that was down to her not really understanding the character of Padme and having trouble with the dialogue and the fact Lucas likely didn't really giver her direction or talk to her much about the character so she didn't care. In the end she carried on because she was contracted to do 3 movies.

But Fox was terrible in Transformers and would be terrible in SW. Portman could have been amazing with the right support because she is a good actress, Fox is not.

23. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Yep, she's incredibly good looking but that's where her talents end. She might be passable in a supporting role, but a leading lady she is not.

24. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    This is a good analyisis. To add, she has a diva attitide and is supposedly "difficult to work with." Course that primarily comes from Michael Bay whom I think is a lousy director.

As for the "clean wholesome image," I don't know about her much outside of the movies. So I don't know if she's been to rehab or is a druggie or something. I've never heard anything of those sorts.

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Comicbookmovie.com is ridiculous. You know, I mean, we're talking about a website that actually creates a story out of an "insider scoop" post left on the IMDB message boards. Really. Or entries on Wikipedia. They actually do this. Or (very) random tweets where people are just innocently speculating. Clearly a website run by some very bored people. They also like traffic, I’m sure.