main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Which SW series should get another story arc?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by General Immodet, Dec 7, 2012.

?

Which SW series should get another story arc?

1. SW: Knight Errant

26.3%
  2. SW: Jedi

7.0%
  3. SW: Jedi Quest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. SW: Blood Ties

5.3%
  5. SW: Rebellion

17.5%
  6. SW: Crimson Empire

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SW: Invasion

43.9%
  1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    They get outright bizarre and gross in places though great fun, afaik it was only 4 issuses in total, so should not take long to read.

2. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    Definitely invasion, there's nothing better than the Yuuzhan Vong

3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    If they announced Reenlistment of Baron Fel for X-wing was goint to be released, it would really make my day.
    Instead of producing the Sequel Trilogy, they would have better done that! At least everybody would be happy. :)

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I went for Invasion they need to do another one

5. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    While I know Invasion really put itself into a position with a lot of open plots, the way it got there really makes me question whether I need more of that. The story became so alternate-universe-like and the characters so self-righteously violent that I wouldn't be opposed to a quick "Moons fall, everyone dies" ending.

With KE, I like JJM's storytelling, but I don't think that the series would benefit from just one more arc. It should either continue in a fashion that allows for more development, or go to novel format straight away. If JJM packed three arcs into one novel again, it might even lead to a natural conclusion. Not mentioning the fact that this would make a good novel series as well.

So I'd go with Jedi, since I love the idea of a Qui-Gon Ronin series. The first series had its weaknesses, but the premise for everything after that arc really plays into the weltschmerz that Liam Neeson is radiating in TPM and that might prompt him to almost not team up with a padawan like Obi-Wan again. But still has him picking up strays, being a stray himself. Kind of Dass Jennir without the need for hiding, abandoning Jedi principles (making Qui-Gon a nobler character in my opinion), or getting killed by Vader in the end.

Darth__Syphilis likes this.
  6. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    They should publish a comic about Naroon Cuthus while he was in service to Jabba the Hutt!

Gorefiend likes this.
  7. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    Personally I enjoy Dark Horse in all their endeavors more than what Marvel really has to offer.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I want to see what happened to all the OCs from Rebellion so my vote goes there. That being said, I couldn't ever get my hand on a copy of Invasion.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    A continuation of X-wing -- from right where it left off, the deposition of Pestage and the rise of Isard -- would be my favorite thing.

edit: Correction, short of "High Society, Fashion, and Politics in the Imperial Court: An Ongoing!" that is.

10. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    More X-Wing please, thanks :)

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Invasion
    Rebellion
    X-Wing
    I want a new series set in the New Republic era. Don't care what its about but something that follows people around in that era and gives a first hand account of the war from the common soldier

General Immodet likes this.
  12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The New Republic era is my favourite era too!
    Some fans complain that too many books are placed in this era, but I still think stories can be told!
    I loved it when they announced Crimson Empire 3 was going to be published.
    We need a series set in the NR era, involving Blackhole, the Corporate Sector, the Hutts...

13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, Pestage was killed by Krennel on one of the last pages...

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There are a lot of books in that era but a major comic series in that era is needed. Don't follow the Big 3 at all except for cameos and what not.

15. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Or was he?
    I still don't know!

From that list, I think Jedi should get another arc with Dooku co-starring with Qui-Gon on a regular Jedi mission in peace time. I haven't read the last arc of Knight Errant, but it should get another novel, a grandma Sith is too great an idea to not use in a finale. Invasion I haven't read at all, so no opinion about it, Crimson Empire doesn't need another arc, neither does Blood Ties if it continues to be a Boba Fett series, Jedi Quest was just an adaptation of the young adult book so I don't feel it needs more arcs (other stuff between 26-23 BBY would be welcomed, but they should show the politics). Characters from Rebellion I would like to show up again, but not necessarily in that crowded ANH-TESB period.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah -- I was saying that I wanted to see the follow up to that.The timeline is now confusing to me because things have been moved around, but there's still a gap between the comics and the first novel -- enough time to see the consequences of Isard's takeover and her further steps towards stealing power from the Court.

17. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    There's still a year-and-a-halfish gap, a year of which features an active Rogue Squadron.

18. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Which would kind of have to cover how Fel defected back and ended up with Thrawn, which is one of the greater mysteries left open from X-Wing.

General Immodet likes this.
  19. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    I went with Invasion. Didnt like it being left off like it was. Reminds me of Alf....

20. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I went with Invasion as well. However I would love to see a New Republic Era series as well. Perhaps starring Ben Skywalker between LotF and FotJ. Think about Ben and friends going on missions. If there is one character that needs to run away from the Skywalker Solo family it is this kid. LotF is spent by Jacen's side, in the GAG, then fighting against him. FotJ he follows around Luke, and falls in love with Vesara presumably because she is the first girl he has ever talked to aside from his mom or Jaina.

Jacen Jaina and Anakin had a whole set of friends. Tenel Ka, Zekk, Lowie, Raynar, Tahiri, then Alema Rar, Tekli, and Tesar. Who does Ben have. Even Lowie showed up with the Solo kids in Invasion. Who does Ben have? I'd love to have Lowie fall in with Ben as Jaina is off and married. Tesar has his brood. Ben and Lowie tearing it up.

21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Invasion should stay dead. I'm with Grey; whatever it might have left open, it wasn't doing what it was doing well enough for me to want any more of it. And where do you even go with the stuff that it was lining up? It's not going to be able to wrap that up with one more arc.

22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Bah, it'd be easy and you know. Kaye stomps on the Yuuzhan Vong fleet and saves the universe. The end.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Invasion ends Blake's 7 style:

Kaye and her mum storm a Vong base, are ambushed by several hundred Vong and go down in a hail of stabbing via amphistaffs! The other guy, he finds his mad bad ex-teacher, manages to stab him and the resulting explosion of dark side energy takes them both out! The end.

24. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Definitely Invasion. While Blood Ties and anything written by Tom Taylor is fantastic, Invasion is a series that ended on the highest note, but also the biggest question mark. As others have said, it needs to conclude someway, somehow.

25. Abernati

Abernati Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2013
    Wan't there a promise for other Blood Ties not involving Boba?