main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Revenge of the Sith: Anakin vs Yoda & Obi Wan vs Darth Sidious

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by kenobifan1999, Sep 4, 2012.

?

Who wins?

1. Heroes Win

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Villains Win

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Anakin beats Yoda, Obi Wan beats Sidious

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Yoda beats Anakin, Sidious beats Obi Wan

44 vote(s)
    74.6%
  1. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    well obiwan thought he was a match for the emperor. plus, yoda never saw the emperor fight, so how does he know his strength? that is why i believe what i believe. because yoda's statement cant really be taken at face value given the circumstances.

and about AOTC, that fight is invalid for comparing character strengths. in regards to anakin and obiwan. obiwan was held on geonosis in captive for a day, likley without nourishment. then fought for hours in the geonosis arena. he was hardly at full strength, same goes for anakin.

at the same time a fresh yoda could not defeat dooku. dooku who was not at full strength after fighting skywalker and kenobi, although he didnt seem to put that much effort in defeating them. while in episode 3 anakin beats dooku fairly quickly.

2. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Obi Wan couldn't hang with Dooku. He stands zero shot against Darth Sidious. Yoda and Anakin would be closer but Yoda would have the edge

3. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    It's possible that Yoda might have beaten Dooku if Dooku hadn't endangered Anakin and Obi-Wan by pulling down a pillar, then made his escape while Yoda was saving them. Yoda was powerful, agile and experienced - I reckon he would have the edge on Anakin (who was always inclined to overestimate his own abilities and take unwise risks, as we saw on Mustafar).

Much as I'd like to think that Obi-Wan could beat Sidious, the Sith Lord was extremely powerful and it seems most likely that he would win. Especially when you bring Force abilities into the equation.

4. Darth Georgia

Nov 5, 2012
    Yoda would not waste time debating with Vader/Anakin either. He would be all business and be there to kill him.

5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Kenobi will defeat them all! His awesomeness goes unchallenged.
    Yoda and Sidious are old.
    Anakin is a pratt.:p

6. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    I think that both duels would have been very one sided.

Yoda would easily defeat Anakin. Anakin potentially was stronger than Yoda but not at that time. I think that Yoda and Windu were much more powerful than any other Jedi of that time. Also, the force powers of Yoda were much bigger than those of Skywalker,

On the other side - as much as I like Kenobi - he wouldn't had a chance against Sidious. He was defeated by Dooku two times (and Dooku wasn't as strong as Palps). Also, knowing the telekinesis ability of Sidious, nah, Kenobi would have been dead in a few moments.

What I didn't like was why Kenobi and Yoda didn't join forces against Palpatine. Yoda was almost as strong as Sidious and Kenobi could have helped him there to defeat the Sith Lord. Maybe not, it is entirely possible that Kenobi would have make as much resistance as Fistu. Maybe Yoda knew that Kenobi would have died if he would accompany him to Sidious, but if they would succeed to kill Palpatine, then Skywalker wouldn't be that dangerous.

7. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    obiwan would have lasted MUCH longer than fist... thats rubbish. he defeated skywalker.... the one sidious was practically worshiping. and your saying he would go down in 3 hits? doesnt make any sense at all

8. TheRevanchist

Dec 13, 2012
    Well, maybe a little more. The point stands that he couldn't made a resistance like Windu or Yoda and he would have easily defeated. Many times the number doesn't mean anything, Dooku defeated Kenobi when he was also fighting Skywalker but then he was defeated by only Skywalker. Also, Sidious worshiping Skywalker was for the future, not for how strong Skywalker was at the moment. Vader was more stronger than Analin Skywalker, but you have seen how bad Sidious treated him. Sidious worshiped the Sith Anakin had potential to become.

9. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    vader isnt stronger than skywalker LOL thats a fact. george lucas stated he was only at 80% of his former power once he got put into the suit.

besides that, the rest of your post is opinion.... which i disagree. no way obiwan would go down against sidious in 3 shots. thats just extreme anti-obiwan

10. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm going to have to agree (mostly) with TheRevanchist on this one, actually. Even though I am a die-hard Obi-Wan fan.

True, suited Vader was less powerful than Anakin. However, Anakin's potential power as unsuited Vader was exponentially higher. He had yet to explore the limits of his power as a sith, and as such, Obi-Wan was able to defeat him. I'm not saying Obi would have lost once Anakin/Vader became more powerful, because we have to remember he also just fought General Grevious, got shot off a cliff, and spent a while swimming around and hiding from the clones. Anakin was also not at his full fighting potential since he just slaughtered a bunch of small children and separatists. Tiring work, that.

Now. That being said, I don't think Obi-Wan would have won against Sidious. I don't think Yoda had much of a chance, either. Even the most powerful Jedi is rarely a match for a powerful Sith lord, unless the force randomly decides it really really wants to assist. Since they allow the force to direct them rather than directing the force, they are at the mercy of its whims and fancies.

Actually, when I consider it, Obi may have actually had more of a chance than Yoda. Yoda was portrayed as being slightly arrogant in the movie and especially in the novelization. He was also a mediator, a prophet, and an adviser, not a fighter. Obi-Wan, however, was confident in his abilities yet not arrogant and primarily a warrior. True, he dislikes fighting, but there's no getting around the fact that he's good at it. So to sum this all up, I think Obi-Wan would have lost, but not as spectacularly as TheRevanchist is saying.

Now, between Anakin/Vader and Yoda, I actually am disagreeing with my original statement. I believe there's absolutely no contest, as seems to be the general consensus. Vader is a new dark side recruit, while Yoda is completely in control of his emotions. Vader is going to be prone to making stupid mistakes (as we saw in the movie) and while his initial attack would be powerful, I think Yoda would withstand it and end up killing or capturing Vader.

11. battlefrontboy

battlefrontboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    I say Sidious beats Obi-wan for the following reasons: We saw Dooku overwhelm Obi-wan with a force choke attack. Sidious' lightning attack would overwhelm Obi-wan in the same way. We saw Palpatine look at Obi-wan dismissively when he was thrown onto the ground. One reason Obi-wan was able to defeat Anakin is probably because he taught Anakin how to fight, and how to use the force. After fighting beside him for so long he probably knew what to expect, whereas Sidious would be a completely unknown quantity.

12. TheRevanchist

Dec 13, 2012
    I don't think that you're right here. Vader had 80% of Sidious power, which to be fair is pretty great and most likely means that he is much stronger than Anakin of ROTS. Although, if he wouldn't lose all those midichlorians he had potential to be 200% stronger than Sidious (I am pretty sure that Lucas said that, and although I hate when the power of someone is canon in SW, if he really said that, then there is not much to do).

Obi-Wan being defeated in 3 strikes could be an exaggeration, but still I don't think that he could have survived for much time (Kenobi is my favorite Star Wars character from the movies). I think that even with Yoda there, Sidious would have pretty easy kill Kenobi (as he killed three Masters where he was fighting Windu). Maybe not with 1 strike, or 3, or 20 but Kenobi wouldn't have left the palace alive. Saying that I think that the only 2 ways to kill Sidious, would have been if he would have doublecrossed by Yoda and Windu, or if Windu would have left his lightsaber style control him (which although could have been successful to kill Sid, would have turned Mace to the dark side).

13. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
  14. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    to say that obiwan would have been killed anywhere near the amount of time that fisto survived is just obiwan and anakin hate. and its extremely overrating sidious

episode II

"hes as wise as master yoda, and as powerful as master windu"
    -anakin refering to obiwan

"I thought I already did (rival yoda as a swordsman)"
    -anakin referring to himself

"you're becomeing the most powerful of all the jedi, even stronger than master yoda"
    -palpatine referring to anakin

its EXTREMELY clear that anakin was at least close to sidious in power, and most likely stronger. and obiwan was a match for him. while obiwan is being compared to windu who took down the emperor pretty quickly.

obiwan vs emperor
    anakin vs yoda

either way you look at it you cant say its a stomp battle. because the movie disagrees with you on that as well as i do.

seriously obiwan = fisto? are you saying that fisto could have defeated anakin then too? lol

15. Darth Georgia

Nov 5, 2012
    The main strike against Kenobi is how poorly he does against Count Dooku. He gets absolutely OWNED by the Count in both AOTC's and ROTS. Now in order to say that Kenobi stands a chance against Darth Sidious one must assume that Sidious and Dooku are of equal power. That is just not the case. Evidence....look at the difference in the power of their force lightning...Yoda catches Dooku's and throws it back at him with little trouble...Sidious's is far FAR more vicious. Sidious throws Senate pods like they are toothpicks.

16. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    AOTC - obiwan was held on geonosis for over a day. with no food or water and was probably tortured for a bit. after that he kinda fought in the arena for hours as well against beasts and droids. so to say that obiwan "got owned" here is simply not true. while yes he did get owned, he wasnt anywhere near full power.

ROTS - obiwan was pushing dooku back when dooku got that lucky force shot oh him. anyways your point makes about as much sense as saying obiwan would stand no chance against anakin. since anakin curb stomped dooku while dooku beat obi wan. well we all know how anakin vs obiwan turned out.

so there. your two main points de-bunked

17. Darth Georgia

Nov 5, 2012
    How about this then? Yoda flat out tells Obi Wan he isn't powerful enough to face Sidious and George Lucas has said only Yoda and Mace Windu can hang in a fight with the Emperor?

18. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    and anakin flat out says obiwan is windu's level... the same windu who kicked sidious' ass. also you forgot that lucas said that anakin could beat the emperor too..... the same anakin who lost to obiwan. so is it entirely possible that GL just forgot to mention obiwan since he mentioned anakin, windu and yoda? yes it is completely possible.

as for yoda's quote, he could have been giving a certain point of view truth. like obiwan saying luke's dad is dead. im pretty sure yoda wanted obiwan to face anakin to make sure that he could defeat the sith at all costs

19. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    also the chancellor flat out said anakin was superior to yoda in episode 2

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Not exactly... he said he foresaw him eventually being greater than Yoda.

21. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    he said your the greatest of all the jedi... even more powerful than master yoda

10:58

22. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Uh, just mentioning to all of you, can we really take anything Palpatine says as true? I'm sure he was just flattering Anakin. It was all part of his greater scheme. I'm not saying it's false, But it certainly wasn't said as a mere simple assumption of Anakins abilities.

23. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    exactly... and we cant necessarily take what yoda has to say at face value either. what im trying to say is quotes are usless. but if your going to say emperor > obiwan based off of one quote you going to have to also go by the other quotes that say obbiwan = windu and anakin > yoda. you cant cherry pick

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The problem is, kenobifan1999, that Palpatine didn't even say Anakin was the greatest of all Jedi in that video you posted, he said "I see you becoming", as in the future, Anakin hadn't gotten there yet. In ROTS Palpatine says "will become", so he still hadn't gotten there.

25. kenobifan1999

Sep 3, 2012
    he flat out says hes more powerful than yoda.... he says you are becoming the greatest of all jedi...even more powerful than master yoda. theyres really no other way to interpret that other than anakin being more powerful than yoda