main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm kinda surprised that the Maul Arc isn't the last Arc of the season

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am sure not shocked. If you remember correctly, Season 3 had the best stuff not at the end. The best things - Nightsisters and The Citadel were before the end. Right around the time of this Maul arc.
    I am just happy to get all the unneeded and unfocused side-stories out of the way.

PS: I do not count Mortis as a good thing.

3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Revision strategies? Try working flat-out through day and night for a month and wrestling a bear every day for the lulz. Grr.

A picture is now emerging of Point Of No Return. The Cartoon Network trailer shows R2-D2 taking on some B1s on the bridge of a Republic star destroyer in hyperspace. The ship may be en route to the Republic space station on which there's a fleet strategy conference taking place.

One distinct possibility is that the VSD is the same one seen in orbit over Abafar in 'Missing In Action'. The Sullustan diner owner tells D-Squad and Gregor that the CIS are using a shuttle to transport explosives to blow it up. However, it would seem unlikely that the CIS would establish a temporary military presence and make a deal with the local mines on a remote wasteworld just to destroy one solitary star destroyer. The VSD isn't moving anywhere, such as away from the planet which the Republic apparently knows nothing about, and both it and the CIS have been there long enough for a minor small business owner to have a hint of what they're doing.

The diner owner is probably a very unreliable source, though. It makes more sense if the CIS are piling the ship with high-grade Abafar explosives in order to sneak their Trojan Horse into the vicinity of the Republic space station, which can then be destroyed along with most of the Republic's top military leaders. D-Squad find about this and try to stop them.

The notion of Gregor's survival of the conflagration at the end of MIA was raised at the end. The CIS might have more ships stationed elsewhere on Abafar, one of which could be commandeered by Gregor as a way off the planet and to the aid of D-Squad and the Republic top brass. This is if Gregor actually survives, let alone makes his way off Abafar in time for the next episode.

Barriss_Coffee and Seerow like this.
  4. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Thank you both and good luck to you as well, hlc88!

Seerow
    *hiding lightsaber behind my back*
    I... I would never do such thing!

hlc88 and Seerow like this.
  5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    WOW! Things got real... So the Separatists want to pull off the same move that Anakin did in Storm over Ryloth. As I have always said - the Separatists are the only ones in this show that learn and evolve...

7. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    God I hope they succeed in blowing up the station, but probably won't...

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sounds like your an apprentice to Izumi Curtis, Q.

I sincerely hope that all the polarization does not lead to TCW going back to just battle droids and clones all the time.

Where did the C.I.S. get a whole cruiser for such a mission? Seems likely there is some connection to Gregor being around. There may be more than meets the eye to him. It seems Void's info was erased or changed like a Wikipedia article some time ago. D-Squad is going to go up to that star destroyer and figure out the truth then try to stop it. This may involved going aboard or a space race. The encryption module will probably turn out to be some sort of key to stopping this and this is the big Separatist plot Mace wanted to steal it for the entire time. I'm thinking Gregor lived and either he is going to show up at the last minute when the chips are really down, or we don't see him two more seasons.

Dathomir-Witch. LOL.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder what dignitaries will be at the Republic conference...?

Also that same website has a synopsis for both "Eminence" and "Shades of Reason".

Episode Detail: Eminence - Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Savage and Maul form an alliance with the Death Watch to take down Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    Episode Detail: Shades of Reason - Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Pre Vizsla and Maul attack Mandalore and Duchess Satine, but their alliance is soon tested.

10. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Why do I get this feeling that Padmé will be there for some reason? But, saying that, I wonder who will be at the Conference?

11. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

Though about this while reading it as well, it must have been in the minds of Dave and TCW team while planning it. It’s going to be so awesome to see this.
    I’m glad "Shadow Conspiracy" comes before Clovis. I’m really afraid the Clovis arc will display mainly Anakin whining and Padme talking [RancorSnot] politics for three episodes in a row.
    It can be great, but there’s so much potential for it being bad.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    So it does take an army to have a chance to take down Kenobi after all? What a badass.

AkashKedavra_93 and hlc88 like this.
  13. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    "Does"? I personally hope that it doesn't. It would be a shame to ditch the unconventionality when many of the more conventional stories have been some of TCW's weakest.

Edit: Ninja'd. I'm in agreement. The way they responded to the feedback on the S3 political episodes was very disappointing.

There might actually be something to the gap in Gregor's memories.

Even if the encryption module doesn't slot perfectly into the plot of D-Squad attempting to thwart the Separatist scheme, it could raise the stakes significantly. If they fail and the CIS succeeds, then the Republic's top brass is annihilated, probably with the encryption module going up in smokes with them. If they succeed and the CIS fails, then the Republic at least preserves its military hierarchy and also gains the critical means to snoop in on Separatist communications.

InterestingLurker and Seerow like this.
  14. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    The CIS will just use a different module, they know the other one was stolen. All the Republic can do is hear the hologram with Grievous.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We need more Voids, More Rako Hardeens, more Bounty. I'd even venture to say, although I had my issues with it more Young Jedi. Give me more of the underlying mythos. That's where I always fall in love with fictional stuff, the mythos.

Hmmm... explosive ending, that's what I'm thinking. Either there is a gap or Gregor is actually the next evolution in clone traitors. Honestly he probably is going to come back in when the chips are down. I'm still thinking of the encryption module as an encrypted flash drive. Flash drives can be used like smart cards, like keys. How to slot that in? Perhaps there its a disarming code and D-squad has to figure out how to use it. So then the Separatist are trying to stop that at the same time while D-squad is trying to warn the republic. Its definitely a race. Gascon is a map reader. Might that come in handy in a race? Obviously this is going to be a do or die mission to D-squad... literally since we're talking about top brass in the republic being wiped out in one easy swing. Will the trojan be delivered?

16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    AMEN! The CIS have evolved once more to beat the Republic...

18. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    This will be the Carida system star base
    from the latest Insider issue. The Republic Navy will have a strategy conference there and be the target of the attack.

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    ^ Black highlighting doesn't work if the letters can still be seen through it.

20. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    What kind of monitor are you using? It looks black to me.

EDIT: Changed it, then. ;)

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    LOL, just a typical laptop monitor.

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I could also see the text through it, both of my monitors are color calibrated. ;)

23. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I posted a picture earlier in the thread of this information and image :)

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I doubt this is Star Wars lore or whatever, but they should have naval battles

25. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    LOL, mine's end just before the premiere of the first episode. [face_rofl]