main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit eu books/comics with no force user's?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jacktherack, Jan 5, 2013.

1. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    is there any books or comics that don't have any force users in them? if it's a comic it can't just be one issue, honestly as much as the force is part of star wars i still think the universe is cool even without them. i'm kinda getting sick of them. it's not like they would be that common of a sight.

don't get me started on how stupid it is to have thousands of jedi's running around in swg...

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Probably Boba Fett: Death, Lies and Treachery may qualify as a Force-free zone. But that's about the only one, even stuff like Rogue Squadron has the Force feature in at least a couple of plots!

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Recently?

Scoundrels
    Shadow Games

...and those are all I can think of, at least in 2012.

4. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Eh, even Shadow Games had a Force-user (though thankfully not a Jedi).

5. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm having a hard time thinking of any Force users in Starfighters of Adumar.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Janson's cape.

7. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    That was no mere Force user. That awesomeness was the Force incarnate.

s65horsey likes this.
  8. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    The very first Republic Commando only had one... And it was a Behind Enemy Lines/Saving Private Ryan-esque feature... Bardan Justik, while a force user, was more of a superior officer than Jedi at this point... I would count that as little-to-no force user... but not none at all...

Check out the Lando books, Han books, and Boba Fett books. Also Early post RotJ EU tends to have Luke and only a few other force users until around the time of NJO where the Jedi Order explodes... (the Jedi Academy series, not withstanding)

9. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I believe the Han Solo trilogies and Lando trilogy do not have any for the most part.

10. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Stick to the early EU and it will be mostly Luke as the only Jedi in this one horse town...

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Lando's trilogy has a force user, Rokur Gepta, as a recurring villain.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    With one really really minor exception*, Agent of the Empire has so far lacked any force-users.
    Leia's cameo in Vol. 2. But this was waaaaaaaay before she ever practiced using the Force, and still way before she herself even knew she was sensitive.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Wraith Squadron books!

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Have you ever read Nomad? It was a short series of comics (~4 issues) in Tales, about a normal guy who accidentally gets ahold of a Jedi lightsaber. Thereafter he starts living a little like a wandering Jedi, following their basic tenets, but he has no Force potential whatsoever. The series is unique because 1) there are no characters from other sources (not even a cameo), and 2) the main character arguably acts more like the type of Jedi Ben and Yoda describe in the OT than most other *real* Jedi we've seen.

If you've not read it, definitely check it out. One of the EU's best.

RC-1991 likes this.
  15. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    yeah, interesting story. i stumbled upon a comic book shop in my area that had issues 1-23 (out of 24 issues) for only 20 bucks. which i can't believe that price considering one trade paperback collecting 4 issues is 20 bucks and to buy the complete it would be 120. anyway i bought it and read the issues. unfortunatly i haven't been able to find the final issue #24 (at a decent price) so i can't finish the final part :(

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Dark Horse has digital versions on their site now -- it seems issue #24 is one of them: https://digital.darkhorse.com/browse/142/?page=2

(if that's in your price range)

17. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Well... technically, that's not true, but for practical purposes it is. ;)

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Rogue Squadron books by Michael A Stackpole have Corran Horn I know but the Wraith Squadron novels by Aaron Allston? I can't think of anyone

Or is Tainer's wife? Can't remember her name right now

19. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, Vader is in issue 2, haha. But off-hand, for comics, I can think of Blood Ties, not Boba Fett is Dead, though, because Vader is in issue 3 of that.

Also, most of the X-wing Rogue Squadron comics except for any that have Luke or Leia, and the second arc, The Phantom Affair. Other than that, I can only think of one other thing and that is Republic Commando, the game.

Edit: Also, for X-wing the Requiem for a Rogue arc and probably some part of other arcs too. These do have Force users. So after this long post, its very difficult to find a work that doesn't.

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Wrong. It has the Chu'unthor and Master Arca's ship, among others.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

22. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I would cite the Essential Guide to Droids, but it mentions 4-LOM, and we all know about 4-LOM wanting to be a Jedi droid like Skippy.

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think SW Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika is pretty much a Force-free zone. It has the bounty hunters and Hutts along with Lando and Solo. Pretty good story as well. Amazon would probably have the tpb.

24. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Yep, it's Force-free.

Unless you want to count Zuckuss's vaguely-hinted-at findsman abilities.

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, since he doesn't wield a lightsaber I'd say we can allow that.

TrakNar likes this.