main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    More naval battles would be more space battles right? We definitely need those.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    no, Naval battle as in sea battles, Kamino would be a perfect place for it

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  4. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    NO MORE MON CALAMARI!!!

5. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Space battles are the Star Wars equivalent of sea battles.

Besides in SW those in the water would be at a major disadvantage - the other side's cruisers could hit them from orbit and call it a day.

6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Brent Friedman tweeted the last couple days with some comments on Missing in Action the ep he wrote and touched on some future eps/potential eps...

On Gregor and next weeks ep:
    @BFree63: @BlogtorWho Actually it's NOT the end of the arc. Next week's ep concludes this D-Squad adventure in surprising & spectacular fashion.

@ Kal_Skirata: @BFree63 Just finished Missing in Action (watching it again). Congrats, solid episode. One question, will we see Gregor again? Just asking.
    @BFree63: Thanks man! Not sure about Gregor's return. But Maul can come back... who knows?
    @BFree63: But seriously, glad you liked the episode. Watch next week for how Gregor's actions inspire the D-Squad!
    @ masterdevwi: @BFree63 That was an excellent episode! I just wish we could have seen more of Gregor.

@ Kal_Skirata: Okay, guess we don't "know" about Gregor but my son has asked - any chance for more Republic Commandos, I mean "rain?"
    @BFree63: Oh, your son wants to know. (wink, wink) Tell him there may be some cool clone surprises in future episodes.

@TroubledBiscuit: @BFree63 ...whose idea was it to kill Gregor? Dave or You? ;)
    @BFree63: @TroubledBiscuit It's not nice to kill and tell. But I will say I see virtue in a character sacrificing themselves for the greater good.

On future eps:
    @BFree63: @ChiefRocka77 Thanks! This bodes very well for you. I mean, if fans like my silly droid arc they're gonna LOVE your EPIC season-ending arc!!What I love is that our two arcs -- complete opposites on the tonal spectrum -- inhabit the same season [This was to writer Charles Murray]

@TroubledBiscuit: @BFree63 @Omar_998 Has it been revealed who wrote and directed the Clovis arc? I'm looking forward to the Cato part...Not so much Padme.
    @BFree63: @TroubledBiscuit @Omar_998 Not sure about directing but the arc was written by Christian Taylor who also wrote the Mortis & Young Jedi arcs.

Seerow likes this.
  7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    And a sweet pair of shades.;)

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    -End of the D-Squad adventure but not the arc? Will this infact tie into another arc this season or is that to come? Hooray for linear continuity.
    -Spectacular and surprising? I thought for about 3 seconds the Separatists might pull something off but then remember Dave Filoni said R2 makes a major contribution to the war in this arc. I' m seeing a connection there.
    -Sounds like Gregor is gonna pull a Clovis eventually. Sounds like my last minute save prediction is sunk.
    -I sense a heroic sacrifice in the future.
    -Cool new clone surprises in future episodes! I like! Brofists to the other clone fans out there! -fist bumps.-

-Season finale does look epic. Charles Murray huh? Don't believe he has written anything TCW yet. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0614880/
    -Christian Taylor writing the Clovis arc. ...oh man.

9. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Good to hear the Darth Maul/Mandalore arc is next. Despite how much I love this show, 4 episodes of Jeremy Crickett and friends is really testing my limits.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully this last Droid episode will have a great payoff.

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Actually this was out of context. Someone thought MIA was the end of the arc. He was just correcting them that there is one more left.
    Oh, nice catch I forgot about that, you got me looking forward to this!
    Ok, i took this as Friedman saying Gregor totally died and sacrificed himself but he jokes that anything could happen like how they brought back Maul... Not that he is saying that will ACTUALLY happen with Gregor.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Clovis should have been next

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow:
    Ok, these aren't major spoilers so I will take them out of the tags...
    Interesting to see that Christian Taylor is writing Clovis arc. That is a win I think.

And Charles Murray will be his first with the finale, I see he's worked on stuff like V and Castle, hopefully he will do it up in true epic style.

14. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Is Gregor in it?

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    -My bad.
    -Lets hope that major contribution is a big payoff for the arc.
    -Friedman doesn't confirm nor deny. We did not see his helmet on the ground like with Echo. He won't be appearing in the next episode now and there is no conformation he will appear ever again but based on the dialogue that he will make his way back. Then based on the fact freaking Clovis who was pretty much infront of the firing squad there somehow survived I think there is a good chance we'll see Gregor again. This probably won't happen anytime soon.

Both of Christian Taylor's other arcs started well but ended up being let downs for me, but third time is the charm I guess, huh?

16. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Gregor not in next episode wow what a stroy.

So this is the ARC order

1. single maul episode.
    2. Droid Popper ARC
    3. Youngling ARC
    4. Droid ARC
    5. Mauldalore.
    6.Clovis
    7.Ventress

An I will absolutely be ticked off if Thorn dies.

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I wish they wouldn't spend so much time with these 4 parters.

It was nice to have a new adventure every week, with the occasional 2-3 parter for the bigger tales like Citadel or Holocron Heist - Children of the Force. With each episode being 22 minutes long, it forced the writers to trim a lot of the fat. But now with everything being a 4 parter, pretty much all of these stories overstayed their welcome by an episode or three IMO.

Mauldalore seems like it's going to be the centerpiece of the season, and so I have no problem with that being 3-4 episodes given all the ground they are going to have to cover. If they have an epic finale in store, I could see it being a two parter. Clovis I know next to nothing about, but depending on what the plot is, maybe it could be 2-3.

But every other arc this season feels like it could have been wrapped up in 1 or 2 episodes had they trimmed down redundancies or focused on telling a more succinct story.

Onderon - spend one on establishing the rebel training and rebels score a major victory; second episode is the rescue attempt on Dendup, Hondo providing rocket launchers and the CIS withdrawal.

Droid arc - should have ended at the first episode IMO. Droids board CIS ship, complete mission, Gascon learns a lesson. The objective could have related to a subsequent episode, but I had no appreciation for the adventures of existentialism or Gregor's problems with his boss. With R2 having to constantly remind the audience that that thing they acquired in the first episode is relevant, because it sure as hell hasn't been important since then.

Youngling arc - Training and rescue mission could have been condensed to one episode each.

Cutting those arcs down would have refunded 7 episodes to spend on other stories.

The films themselves never spent 88 minutes developing a plot so leisurely and inspiring so much boredom as these four parters often do.

cwustudent and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  18. The Verbal Machinegun

The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    I would love it if they would crash land on a less advanced planet and they would participate in some sea battles.

19. The Verbal Machinegun

The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    I would love it if they would crash land on a less advanced planet and they would participate in some sea battles.

20. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    So is the Maul arc next, or is it the Clovis arc?

21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul arc. 'Eminence' is listed on the CN website to air on the 19th January. And this website http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlist...+Clone+Wars&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on lists the following two episodes of the Maul arc to air the following 2 weeks after 'Eminence'. Presumably, Clovis will air in February.

Seerow likes this.
  22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Well cool. I just finished Shadow Conspiracy the other day, and I was hoping to see the episodes soon.

Holy kriff guys, Season 5 is almost over. When does Season 6 scuttlebutt start?

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Same here... why, oh why... why no Clovis after this week! Why TCW?!

I would say not more Kamino, maybe another Sea world... and include Tikkes. A world like Pammant.:p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That sounds wonderful! I can see it now....
    [​IMG]

25. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    ROFL