main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Skywalker Saga continued?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 1, 2012.

1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Oh, another thing I had thought about while reading...Luke training new jedi. Keep in mind that Obi-Wan told Luke that Yoda would always be with him. We already know that Obi-Wan could still talk to Luke after death...even have Luke see him and talk back to him. Then Luke sees not only Obi-Wan and Yoda, but his father as force ghosts. If Luke's job is to train new jedi, wouldn't Yoda, OB1, and Anakin be there to help him, guide him, teach him more about the old order? And, it was mentioned somewhere that Yoda felt that he had failed the jedi. I'm sure he would see any mistakes he might have made and passed those lessons on to Luke. Perhaps one of those mistakes was not allowing jedi to marry and have families. *shrug*

One question could be...can other people see the jedi force ghosts? When Leia came up to Luke at the end of RotJ, she didn't seem to see what Luke was seeing...the 3 force ghosts. That could be a story point in the ST. If the whole time, only Luke can see YOA, when Luke dies, who will be able to see his force ghost? And, will they also be able to see YOA? Would Luke be able to teach others how to see YOA? Will Leia ever be able to see and speak to her father's force ghost? These are things that I was disappointed with the EU books and comics.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Leia did speak to the spirit of Anakin Skywalker in The Truce At Bakura, which came out in 1994.

She later named her son after him.

3. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I'm not worried about Carrie's acting ability. But with all due respect, I'm guessing production would be hoping for a more 'Lara Croft' type female lead... a strong, sexy, bad-ass chick.

4. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    So a 20-30 year old Mara Jade type jedi... do we have anyone in the time span that's part of the Solo family that'd work?

Jaina Solo... Too old, maybe she'd work as the mentor or lancer...
    Allana Solo... Too young.

Wow, there are no other female members of the Skywalker and Solo families... Mara Jade would be just shy of 60 years old at her death, which would make her too old...

Gonna say it again, expect a major EU upheaval... Maybe Ben will get a badass sister that takes after Mom?

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I anticipate more than a "upheaval", I suspect many aspects of it will be butchered; just like the Marvel comics. Anything 20 years post-RoTJ will probably become S-cannon.

Count Yubnub and Echo-07 like this.
  6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Agree with you both. IF LFL/Disney were to shoehorn the EU intact it would cause them all kinds of nightmares. I think we're all better served to expect/anticipate that they will use some elements -- names like Jaina or Jaicen perhaps and some places or even ships and events with changed names and characters. I just can't see Disney spending 4 billion to produce the written stories that were already in existence and aren't very good in alot of cases.

Chewie lives!

7. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Wait, are you saying they aren't good because of Chewie dying and other beloved SW characters dying? Or are you saying that the EU books aren't that good from a literary stand point? Or something else? I'm confused.

I'm not saying that Disney should spend 4 billion on producing any of the EU books because A) everyone knows what will happen already and B)The EU should stand as something unique that has and will continue to entertain readers.

I'm saying that heart-wrenching loss and coming to grips with feelings of grief can make for excellent story stuff.

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No, I;'m saying ingeneral alot of the EU is crap, poorly written in some cases and poorly conceived. IE clone Emperors, Dark Side Luke, Force immune slugs etc... But not all. There are some elements I really like IE Black Sun, Prince Xizor, Mandalorians.

As for Chewie, I threw that in last a spart of the destruction of the EU. I don't have any doubts Chewie will live thus destroying alot of EU.

9. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I wouldn't say in general... (but that's just my opinion)

I agree the clone Emperors, Dark Side Luke, Force immune slugs were blech and annoying.

Clone Emperors: he's back again?

DSLuke: I know he's not gonna stay that way.

Ysalamari: Any living creature can be felt with the force, and their powers just seem like plot devices.

EDIT: hope ur right about Chewie:)

10. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    At least Zahn had a plausible explanation for the Ysalamiri... apparently the force dampening effect is a survival technique on Myrkr, and Palpatine himself was able to dampen his own presence after all.

I don't see them using them though, unless they want to make a Non Force User that can easily threaten a Jedi.

11. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Who's to say Luke doesn't rock the cradle a bit with Disney's version of Mara Jade (or whomever takes her place)?

He could have found himself a nice 30 year-old and that wouldn't be very offensive from my point of view. What is Luke going to be anyway? 50s?

There are plenty of 30ish females actresses out there that could pull off a 'bad-ass' lead. Ideas?

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It couldn't be Mara if she's only thirty, unless they get rid of the part where she was trained by the Emperor.

13. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    It could if the story was massively rewritten like I expect it to be. I don't necessarily want Mara Jade, just someone like her.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm just predicting a Skywalker heir. Who knows if we'll learn about the mother. We didn't learn anything about Padme in the OT.

15. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    But we did learn about her in the PT.

It'd be completely different to jump from Luke as a single Jedi without the barest hint of a love interest to Luke as a single father. I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it's a different situation to the OT.

16. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Who is to say he would be a single dad? Luke's wife may be in the story.

For that matter who is to say Han and Leia are husband and wife? Maybe it didn't work out. Would it be hard to believe that either of them couldn't be domesticated?

I wouldn't doubt that they had child. But marriage doesn't necessarily seem to be in the cards for those two. I'm not saying it couldn't work either way. Just posing the question.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe we'll get the second coming of the Chosen One...

[​IMG]

Well, let's hope not like this!

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  18. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    My comment about Luke being a single dad was as a response to Pro Scoundrel saying we may not learn anything about the mother. Obviously if she's in the film we would learn something about her.