main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Gregor (Season 5 spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Yeah he's supposed to be in both episodes, I'm assuming he'll survive this somehow.

Seerow likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Really, the thought he'll go the way of heroic sacrifice is going to just make Gregor even more fun to root for since he's going to be kinda an underdog in this arc. The best kind of character to root for. We don't get enough characters like that in TCW.

3. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    He should have been a singing/stabbing hobo instead of a dishwashing hobo.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That would have been quite different... :D

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, I think it would be kinda cool if Gregor were completely insane and made no sense, kinda like this.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Even if the entire episode was Gregor screaming incoherently like a crazed lunatic, it would still be much better than the earlier episodes in this arc.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Gregor exceeded all of my expectations and then some.

Seerow likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Gregor was awesome. He's different. He ended up where he was very similarly to Cut Lawquane sounds like. There were tears in his eyes talking about that horrible battle and it sounds almost like his brain just switched off from the shock. But when he got those memories back that's what he wanted. Being a clone trooper was freedom, what he was born to do and he jumped right back to it. He may be like Dogma in being just as independent as other big name clones but uses it differently or he may be a great example of a clone who really isn't thinking for himself, its what he is programmed. That's really interesting and entirely opposite to Cut. It has Cut's line about 'Waiting for his turn to be slaughtered in the war" and Fives's "I'm not just another number" line really ring. Then there is Gascon's view, "Created to right and if needed die" which echos Rex's line about soldiers in "The General"

QuangoFett likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I do not think Gregor died in this episode

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think so. But I'm wouldn't be surprised if it takes a few seasons for Gregor to work his way back.

11. The Verbal Machinegun

The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    Hopefully he will be back sooner then Mar Tuuk or whatshisface.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Gregor is awesome

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The Wookieepedia page said he died, but that's what Filoni and everyone want you to think so it comes as a big surprise when he returns.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Gregor had too much work put into him to be just a one-off thing. And if Clovis can come back so does Gregor, Mar Tuuk and TRENCH!

Seerow likes this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well if we assume he is alive, then it's not really a surprise

16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Filoni more or less confirmed in the episode commentary that Gregor survives.

Seerow likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess, I'll give you two out of three Dan...

I'm for Gregor and Mar Tuuk coming back in the same episode. =b

Honestly, Dave shouldn't have said anything about it and left it up to the viewer for now.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Well, Dave was thinking that the big Clone/Commando fans would be let down that after this cool character gets introduced, he gets killed right away. I'll admit i was really let down. These guys arent really cool unless you bring them back and do more with them over time. So, I think he needed to say that in the commentary.

And you were right, Seerow, I stand corrected about him not surviving. Friedman's tweets threw me off the trail, i thought for sure he was dead, i guess Friedman just doesn't know how he'll come back. Which may also mean that you are right that it will be a while before "he makes his return." I'm cool with that as long as we get more Rex and Fives, and a some other interesting clones and their stories in between.

Seerow likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I could see Gregor coming back during a battle where Rex will get injured and is about to die but Gregor comes to the rescue

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I can wait a while for Gregor personally. I always want Rex and Fives. Hearing, "It Fives! My name is Fives!" in the commentary was really awesome.

21. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Yeah, nice to hear that Gregor will be back, probably later rather than sooner though.

What was more interesting is Gregor is apart of the 212th, I'm sure Obi-Wan knows of him.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Source?

23. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That's not how commandos operate. Clone commandos serve as part of the Republic's Special Operations Brigade, together with the ARC, shadow, and covert ops troopers. While they occasionally deploy alongside standard army units to prepare the battlefield, soften targets, perform force recon, and assassinate key targets, commandos operate outside of the standard chain of command and are not part of any standard unit such as the 212th. Whether the writers choose to establish a background connection with Obi-Wan or anyone else is yet to be seen—though considering Gregor's participation in the Battle of Sarrish it wouldn't be unreasonable—but his direct Jedi superiors at the time would be Generals Arligan Zey and Bardan Jusik. Not Obi-Wan.

EDIT: Additionally, Gregor's entry in the "Encyclopedia" on StarWars.com notes that as a commando, he was at one time attached to the 212th. The term attached is most commonly used in reference to non-standard personnel serving with a mainline unit, such as special forces soldiers.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Exactly!

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  25. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Gregor will return, in a blaze of glory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.