main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    Easy, Chewie. Only people that beat you at space chess are subject to arm tearing.

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I SECOND THIS MOTION!

3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    That goes without saying...im just getting prepared. Who wants to play space chess?

4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    BTW Bones since you are the first person to ever give me a title I've added it to my signature. You made me feel special, thanks!

5. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I as well

6. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Same here...I will add it

7. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Holy buckets! I've gotta start naming everybody, if that's the case.

8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    For sure!

9. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I have sucsessfully infiltrated the "Order of the Ffib" and obtained the rank of "High Priest." I will monitor their activity and report any relevant matter to CPL_Macja or BultarSwan

10. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Chewbacca89 this is the only warning you are going to get... pull a stunt in here like you did last night and you will be demoted back down to Initiate and have to start all over again. Do you understand?

Like BultarSwan said, things like that are for other groups, like WJFC where silliness is the norm.

Thank you.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

11. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Wait, you mean silliness isn't the norm here? Yeesh. I'm gonna have to stay away from this WJFC if that's the case.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Your loss.

13. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    *chuckles* I'm sure it is. I'm still working on catching up on everything else around here. I'm halfway through the Shadow War, so hopefully within the next week I'll be able to join in the fun.

I've also decided that I want to permanently join in the fun here and become a Jedi. My bucket head has made peace with the possibility of being both Mando'ade and Jedi.

14. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Congratulations, Bones.

15. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Excellent! :D It'll be fun seeing how you progress through your training. Welcome to... the fun!

16. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Thanks, Joonyer, and bosslady.

17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Great decision MandoBones I look forward to working with you!

18. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Same here, Gopher. I hope to learn a lot in my time here.

19. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    All right, MandoBones, please post your first initiation task that you pmed to me. After that I'll have another one for you.

20. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    No problemo. One sec....

The Jedi Code: An Analysis Through Mandalorian Eyes
    By
    MandoJoe
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is no serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

These words, along with the innumerable lessons that a Jedi learns through their life, are the very core expression of what it is to be a Jedi. A question often posed during the study of the Jedi Code, and in life in general, is “How does this apply to my life, to my time?”. The answer, while simple for some, is often complicated.

For me, I don’t view the Jedi Code like most do. It wasn't trained into me from a young age, and even now, as I am not an experienced Jedi yet, and so my perspective on things is skewed by my previous life experience. I don’t see the world through the average Jedi’s eyes, but through the eyes of a soldier.

I see the world through the T-Visor of a Mandalorian.

The part of my brain that analyzes situations, and sees the ins and outs, the dangers, the weak points, the suspicious characters, the quick exit routes, is what colors my perception of everything in my life, not only the physical reality. I see words, concepts, and ideas the same way. It’s part of who I am, and I can’t turn it off. I’ve been a soldier for as long as I can remember, both in the military and afterwards, and it will always be a part of who I am, even until the day I die.

So with all that said, this is how I view the Jedi Code...

1. There is no emotion, there is peace.

This is probably the line that I have the most trouble with, simply because of the fact that there is emotion. We sentient beings are emotional beings. Without emotion, we would have no compassion, no empathy, and no way to connect to others in any meaningful way. What I believe this line means is that while there is emotion, we are not ruled by it. Self-discipline, which is something that any soldier can embrace, is the order of the day. The calm that is brought by hard training allows us to react properly in any given situation. There is no need for panic or emotionally driven responses.

2. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

This is an easy one for me. Ignorance gets you into situations you’re unprepared for. The Six P’s. Proper Planning Prevents....uh, Potentially Poor Performance. We never stop learning. Every day, even if you do the exact same thing you did yesterday, you learn something, even if it’s something as trivial as “Hm. Today was the same as yesterday.”. The search for knowledge should never end. Some say that this bit or that bit of knowledge should be forbidden, but there is no such thing. If it can be known, someone knows it. It’s all about how the knowledge is applied.

3. There is no passion, there is serenity.

This sort of ties back into the first rule. It’s all about self control. Passion is a very fine thing, as long as you don’t let it rule you. Every Jedi I've ever met has been passionate about something. Helping people, training, learning, a specific activity. Everyone has something that drives them. You have to know when to put it away and deal with what needs to be dealt with in the moment. In the moment, in that space between breaths, there is peace, serenity, calm. That moment between breaths, after you exhale, before you breathe back in, when your pulse is pounding in your ears, and you can feel the spring of your trigger mechanism stretching as you squeeze it, just before the round explodes....that time can be an eternity, and in that time, you can put aside your worries, your troubles, and you can focus.

4. There is no death, there is the Force.

For Mandalorians, there is no great heaven or terrible hell after death. We believe that there is only the here, and the now, and you have to make the best of what you've got. Worrying about how you go, and when you go, is unimportant. We tend to lead dangerous lives, so worrying about what if is just a distraction. One that might get you killed. What you do now, while you live, is important. You do right by your family, your friends, your allies. You keep them safe, and as comfortable as possible. The Force is. There’s no doubt about that. I've seen it in use, and felt its influence. After death...that’s a thing I’ll worry about when it comes. Until then, I’ll worry about taking care of me and mine, and making sure that I do right by them. The Force will sort out the rest for me.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I am torn here. Saddened by the loss of a vode to the weakling jettise, but glad for the bonus it brings to my next paycheck....

shab.

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto and MandoBones like this.
  22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Can't win, can't lose. Only you, Bardan, would see it that way. :p

23. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Don't worry, Bard'ika. I'm still all beskar at heart. Just think of it as me upgrading my arsenal to include a jetti'kad and telekinesis.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Oddly enough I even see something noble in it. ;)

EDIT: I have my own collection of jetti'kade. Took them from dead Jedi. [face_skull]

[​IMG]

25. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Excellent. ;)

MandoBones, please explain why you want to be a Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.