main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 100th The Clone Wars Episode! - 5.12 - Missing In Action - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Cut, Slick and Gregor are 3 of the best clones of this show so I see why not.

He already did?!

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Interesting idea. Can't imagine they would get alone very well. Gregor is a dedicated soldier who is definitely loyal to serving the republic. Cut not so much, he's a deserter. I imagine Gregor would try to capture or kill Cut. It would be interesting to hear Cut try to debate him on slavery and freedom however. They are such polar opposites I can see why its tempting to put them on screen together anyways.

Thanks for the posting the commentary rumble. DBB is amazing! I enjoyed lisitening to him talk as soft Gregor and then kick it up to confident Gregor. Man, the "Fives! My name is Fives!" shout, sounds different than before. Was that a taste of things to come eventually? Interesting how DBB points out Gregor just doesn't act like a confident, trained soldier before he gets his memories back. I was thinking Gregor had forgotten really bad memories of who he was through shock but not his personality or his training. Since memories of horrific battles are a clone's life he forgot most of his life. DBB contradicted that. Disappointing to hear him and DF hit on Gregor being basically like Borkus's slave but mention nothing about the clone army being basically that, even with a call back to Slick. I wonder when TCW will get back to this. Still, a cool development to the over all clone story arc.

Oh well...
    Seems fairly certain Gregor is alive and may be back someday.

3. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Dave Fillionis commentary certainley makes it pretty clear whether Gregor is dead or not.

4. The Verbal Machinegun

The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    Gregor is just rediscovering his identity. He could change his mind about stuff.

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I can't believe they're wasting four episodes on this crap.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Gregor recovered his identity as that of a perfectly loyal republic commando and went right back out there doing his job. He was arguably safer and closer to real freedom where he was although definitely being used as an indentured servant and borderline slave. He's a complete opposite to Cut. Its really a kind of clone character we've been needed to see.

He probably should have left this up to the viewer, IMO.

7. The Verbal Machinegun

The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    He just realised what he was trained to do and embraced it. it was his training kicking in. He did not had the time to think about his identuty and how he is basically a slave again. Personally

It would be interesting if he after he arrived to the Republic he would be forced to participate in some Mi Lai/OperationPhoenix kind of dirty business. I could see it happening. Him and Cut together would be awesome.

8. PhantomVX

PhantomVX Jedi Master

Apr 25, 2010
    Talk about fridge horror.

The Ower Slider's menu included Ewok Jerky (Second on the menu).

[​IMG]

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Doesn't mean anything in particular will come of Gregor. Seems like a last minute change, and if they're truly 3 seasons ahead, it could be awhile. I'm reminded of how Dave changed it so that Eeth Koth survived Grievous Intrigue, because he was too cool to kill off in his first episode. Still waiting on that [face_waiting] My guess is that next episode Koth is in (beyond a background character), he'll die right away like Adi did... Could be several years before Gregor does anything again

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Where does it say that? i can only see gibberish

11. PhantomVX

PhantomVX Jedi Master

Apr 25, 2010
    I was able to translate it with Aurebesh alphabet chart.

[​IMG]

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Dave said he keeps his promises, LOL.

That's fine if it takes a few seasons. We'll get there. Should be plenty to see along the way. I also heard Fives in that commentary. =b

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You've been here how many months now and you can't read Aurebesh?!

And here I was thinking you were Darth Vader all this time...[face_not_talking]

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    -___- i don't read Star Wars language and no, i ain't the real Vader :p

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Thanks, you have made my day! [face_laugh]

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'd love to hear Filoni's response should anyone question if Borkus was indeed serving Ewoks on his menu.

anakinfansince1983 and Seerow like this.
  17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He'd probably say Han doesn't understand Chewie.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Somebody should tweet this to Friedman. Wonder of he knows anything. That is prettty funny.

19. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    I just watched the Episode on demand and i loved it. Can't wait for next weeks episode :)

My only compliant is about the character mindset of the colonel. It seems he is not the best leader when it comes to most things in the field. Comparing him to the great minds of military might from the show, he is very mediocre, but enjoyable nonetheless.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Alright, I've only skimmed the last few pages so please excuse if I'm repeating any points.

--Nice ANH reference, if a bit too obvious, with the very Mos-Eisley-esque cantina and "We don't serve their kind here! And no, we don't like you either."
    --I haven't been able to stand Gascon but he redeemed himself in this episode. I actually felt bad for him having to eat garbage because Borkus is obviously species-ist. Plus the ending...well, I'll get there in a minute.
    --Loved the introduction to Gregor; obviously kind-hearted, obviously so stuck in his situation. Again an area where Gascon redeemed himself without even trying, by reminding Gregor of who he really was.
    --Even in animated mode I was horrified at the subhuman conditions in which Gregor lived. Holy ****ing insects Batman.
    --Gregor coming to his senses so quickly might have been a bit unrealistic but I liked it anyway.
    --The scene in which the astromechs beat the **** out of Borkus was priceless. And Borkus claiming that Gascon and Gregor will be back begging for a job--yeah, dude, you keep telling yourself that as you're tied up.
    --"Droids are not known for being flexible because we are programmed to be right the first time." LOL
    --The ending. The battle. Gascon saying that Gregor was sacrificing himself. The explosion...Dammit, TCW, you made me tear up.
    --As far as whether Gregor is dead--this is Star Wars so I don't trust any character death being permanent but if it were any other story, I'd say that yeah, homey died.

I am shocked to give this episode a solid 8/10.

21. JevanShevu

Aug 20, 2009
    I just watched the feature for Missing in Action on Starwars.com and Dave Filoni said that he put in the "ill make my way home" line because he wanted Gregor to survive the blast. He also said "that with Darth Maul back he needs all the best soldiers he can get, just wait and see". So excited. I loved Gergor and i cant wait to see more of him. and plus his little hint about Darth Maul was awesome.

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    They probably have laws in that town. Having a rodent in his diner might cost him his food handlers license.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That is a pretty interesting statement.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I am not sure if I already praised the episode here. Awesome episode... Gregor is one of the few clones I love next to Slick and Cut.
    I loved his story and basically this was his episode. Man, if only TCW could do more of such episodes - exploring and centering around secondary and guest characters like it was once done with Chuchi or the Younglings.

This was so nostalgic that it gave me chills and it made me play the game again... you know which one - The Republic Commando game.

[​IMG]

All the various references and signs in the guide made this episode's setting the more richer. I mean Ewok Jerky - I love that sign.
    [​IMG]

And the town as dead it was, seemed quite a alived and detailed for what it was - a ****hole.
    Even the garbage looked great in CGI...[face_laugh]

Borkus was also a nice new villain in the show. He did a lot for one episode and was more realistic and less of a pawn than some of the recent baddies of the show.
    And he was a Sullustan - finally this species makes it into the show.

There was reference to Malachor - this season sure loves referencing EU material a lot.

Gascon - fun as always. And he had quite a lot quotable lines this episode.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Sarrish

I love that this is a Confederate Victory now, it was before a Republic victory. Was it clear that the Republic won back when the comic came out!?

Yay, Sarrish is now a CIS victory! That made the episode even better...

I see somebody loves Borkus...

25. JevanShevu

Aug 20, 2009
    discussion of future episodes is not allowed.